IGNORED

How long will Tiger play for?

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guys

how long will Tiger continue to play golf for on the US tour?

..what are your predictions??

my feeling is that he will suffer a back injury within the next 5 to 6 years which will become a chronic problem for him and he will be forced to retire from full time professional golf by the time he is 45

his swing generates so much power and the pressure that is imparted on to his spine is tremendous-lets not forget that is swing from a purists point of view is not orthodox, especially on the way down.

so, 10 to 12 years max, is my prediction

bb69

IMO, 20 more years.

He will have won everything by the age of 42, but he will leave golf after a bit taste of senior tour.
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

• 1 year later...
i think he will continue to play and change his swing a little. an aussie cricket bowlernamed dennis lillee had a very strenuous action on his back, having multiple stress fractures. he then changed it and becamce the world's leading wicket taker until being taken over by shane warne

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

If Tiger plays competitive golf after age 40, I'll be surprised. Five or six years from now, Tiger will have his 20 majors and 80-90 wins, and he will ride off into the sunset to enjoy retirement. I can't see Tiger teeing it up at an older age, especially once he turns 50.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf is in his blood and is his life (other than his family). I see him drastically reducing his schedule after age 42 but will continue to compete and be a factor in the majors into his 50's.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

As fit as he is, I think Tiger could play as much as he wants for the next 20 years or so. However, I think he will continue to decrease his schedule until it gets to the point that he is playing the 4 majors and maybe 3 other tournaments. I think he will play the 4 majors for a long time (up to about age 70) and stop competing on the PGA a little after age 50.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I think he will be the only guy over 60 to win a Tour event...hes that dedicated

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

As fit as he is, I think Tiger could play as much as he wants for the next 20 years or so. However, I think he will continue to decrease his schedule until it gets to the point that he is playing the 4 majors and maybe 3 other tournaments. I think he will play the 4 majors for a long time (up to about age 70) and stop competing on the PGA a little after age 50.

This makes a lot of sense to me. Majors, tourneys he hosts, and charity events that he sponsors. But I definitely think that he will be competitive as long as his body holds out. He has been quoted so many times reflecting the idea that winning by 10 is better than by 2, and I think that he will take the same point of view with # of majors.

Well, he couldn't keep his card with only majors and there are no sponsor's exemptions, but...

He could qualify for the US Open and British Open, and has a lifetime pass to the Masters. Maybe he could become a PGA teaching professional and qualify for the PGA?

he siad on a interview on 60minutes in australia about a year ago that he is goning to retirer when he cant win any more, when hes playing his best golf and its not winning he will retirer then. when that is no one noes he could be even better in 10 years i just hope he bloody well comes to australia i wanna see him in person

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!