• Announcements

    • iacas

      GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

      Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuppedTin

Stack and Tilt on PGA Tour

28 posts in this topic

Does anyone by chance know of any PGA Players that are currently using Stack and Tilt? I don't want to know of any that any players that are using pieces of it, I want to know of one's that currently use the stack and tilt swing. I just want to watch some videos.

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

There is no perfect model. Everyone is "using pieces" to some extent -- the particular ones that work for them.

That said, the obvious answers would be Charlie Wi, Eric Axely, Grant Waite, Dean Wilson and Troy Matteson.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, I actually get this swing. For some reason it just clicks with me. I have a good friend who incidentally missed qualifying for the US Open by 2 strokes and he is encouraging me to look at the one plane teachings of someone named Shawn Clements. My friends only con to the stack and Tilt is that it does not generate as much power. But when I get the feeling of my pelvis going forward and my spine extending, I feel like I'm bringing a wind storm with me with I come into the ball.

But I'm interested in what the experts on the swing say to the con's of it not being a very powerful swing?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My natural move incorporates a number of the S&T; funamentals inherently.  For a time I worked on converting to the full S&T; swing, and while I had some initial successes, I ended up moving away from it.  I had a difficult time hitting the longer clubs consistently, especially the driver, which I think owed to the difficulty I had with the spine lengthening through impact.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by CuppedTin

OK, I actually get this swing. For some reason it just clicks with me. I have a good friend who incidentally missed qualifying for the US Open by 2 strokes and he is encouraging me to look at the one plane teachings of someone named Shawn Clements. My friends only con to the stack and Tilt is that it does not generate as much power. But when I get the feeling of my pelvis going forward and my spine extending, I feel like I'm bringing a wind storm with me with I come into the ball.

But I'm interested in what the experts on the swing say to the con's of it not being a very powerful swing?


Just bad information imo.  Good chance they haven't spent any time with a S&T; instructor or attended a clinic.

Using the ground for power, ("jumping"), hitting the ball first, (compression), hands in, (utilizing angular momentum) are pieces all players use to hit the ball far.  Here is Greg Norman pushing his hips forward, tucking his butt, hands forward at impact with a driver, and straightening the legs, jumping using the ground.  Don't think he struggled with hitting it far enough :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by mvmac

Just bad information imo.  Good chance they haven't spent any time with a S&T; instructor or attended a clinic.

Using the ground for power, ("jumping"), hitting the ball first, (compression), hands in, (utilizing angular momentum) are pieces all players use to hit the ball far.  Here is Greg Norman pushing his hips forward, tucking his butt, hands forward at impact with a driver, and straightening the legs, jumping using the ground.  Don't think he struggled with hitting it far enough :)


Ok, I like the use of the word "jumping". I feel I am dangerously close with this swing but have been trying to get a better idea or visualization of my butt/pelvis going forward and I think I can relate to jumping. I'm going to think of jumping towards the ball with my pelvis/butt...

StackandTilt2.PNG

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by mvmac

Just squeeze your cheeks together



Ok, at what point do I do this, squeeze my cheeks together?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say just make sure they are compressed on the finish.  Which means the tucking will start around impact.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by mvmac

Just bad information imo.  Good chance they haven't spent any time with a S&T; instructor or attended a clinic.

Using the ground for power, ("jumping"), hitting the ball first, (compression), hands in, (utilizing angular momentum) are pieces all players use to hit the ball far.  Here is Greg Norman pushing his hips forward, tucking his butt, hands forward at impact with a driver, and straightening the legs, jumping using the ground.  Don't think he struggled with hitting it far enough :)



Could you provide an example of an actual S&T; player who is known to generate some decent power?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troy Matteson : 297.1 Driving Distance, 24th on the tour. http://www.pgatour.com/players/02/71/20/

He's the only one I found on this thread that had above average driving.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troy Matteson driving distance 2011-24th

2010-22nd

2009-9th

And straightest rear leg in the game :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

230 yd 6 iron. Also notice the straight rear leg.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by nevets88

230 yd 6 iron. Also notice the straight rear leg.



Yes, that's a much better example. Thank you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0