IGNORED

Stack and Tilt on PGA Tour

Note: This thread is 3674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Troy Matteson driving distance 2011-24th

2010-22nd

2009-9th

And straightest rear leg in the game :)

Was that what you meant? Yeah, then the Norman clip wasn't a good example.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Way too much lateral movement for anyone who doesn't have the talent to consistently get the timing right, imo. Not sure if you were showing this as a model or just to show his "jumping". I have fought lateral movement my whole life and now focus more than anything else on making sure I "swing inside the barrel"

Originally Posted by mvmac

Just bad information imo.  Good chance they haven't spent any time with a S&T; instructor or attended a clinic.

Using the ground for power, ("jumping"), hitting the ball first, (compression), hands in, (utilizing angular momentum) are pieces all players use to hit the ball far.  Here is Greg Norman pushing his hips forward, tucking his butt, hands forward at impact with a driver, and straightening the legs, jumping using the ground.  Don't think he struggled with hitting it far enough :)

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Was that what you meant? Yeah, then the Norman clip wasn't a good example.

Is Bubba Watson a Stack and Tilt Player? I have been watching the Shawn Clements videos and Bubba appears to be a single plane and a stack and tilt. He has characteristics of both imo.

Originally Posted by CuppedTin

Is Bubba Watson a Stack and Tilt Player? I have been watching the Shawn Clements videos and Bubba appears to be a single plane and a stack and tilt. He has characteristics of both imo.

I don't know enough about his swing to say, but he hits the long ball and has very high GIR stats whenever he's in contention. An interesting, albeit polarizing, character indeed.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Bubba is as two plane as they come

Bubba is not SnT cuppedTin. SnT isnt only one plane and centered backswing. Most pro's have these characteristics in their swing.

Originally Posted by motteler621

Bubba is not SnT cuppedTin. SnT isnt only one plane and centered backswing. Most pro's have these characteristics in their swing.

Correct, sorry didn't mean to confuse anyone, Bubba does not work with Andy and Mike.  He does demonstrate an important piece S&T; advocates, losing flexion in the rear leg.  Norman illustrates another piece of the lateral shift, legs straightening to hit the ball far and high.  These are power pieces, spine and legs are acting like a lever to launch the ball.  Not going to see any long hitters that stay bent over with their torso on the finish.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...
Will MacKenzie, who finished T7 in the Farmers Insurance Open yesterday at Torrey Pines is a Stack and Tilt tTour Player, under the instruction of Mike Bennett and Andy Plummer, the authors of the book and DVD set on Stack and Tilt, which I have been studying for the past year. Eric Axley, who has one win & 5 Top Ten finishes in 147 events ($2.7 million) is also a student of Mike's and Andy's. Charlie Wi ( 21 top 10 finishes in 211 events--$9.7 million) is another. Troy Matteson ( 2 wins, 22 Top 10 finishes, $9.1 million) is another. I think Aaron Baddeleyite ($16.3 million) is still under some S&T; instruction. But the big one (although his first tournament this past weekend wasn't good) to think about is that an article in Business Insider, May 13, 2013, says Sean Foley is teaching Tiger Stack and Tilt. You can find the article at businessinsider.com. If you have more questions or would like to talk with a 10 handicapper who has been learning S&T; for the past year, email me at FDRMURPHY@ME.COM. REGARDS, FRANK

• Administrator

But the big one (although his first tournament this past weekend wasn't good) to think about is that an article in Business Insider, May 13, 2013, says Sean Foley is teaching Tiger Stack and Tilt.

No, he isn't. :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
Note: This thread is 3674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!