IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wear sunglasses when I play. My eyes are really sensitive to bright sunlight. I usally do not take them off durning the round unless something reminds me that they are there - like if they start annoying me by sliding down my nose.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends for me. My eyes are really sensitive to sunlight, but it depends on how I am exposed. If I get out first thing in the morning while the sun is low, I can go the rest of the day without glasses. If I've been inside during the morning and I head out after the sun has reached peak brightness, my eyes will never adjust and I have to wear glasses for the rest of the day.

As far as the type I wear, I have two sets of Oakleys. I have a pair of E Wires with black Iridium lenses and a pair of Half Jackets with blue Iridium lenses (not quite as dark).

I have tried but it is just too distracting. Especially in the summer with the sweat on the lenses and all.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

I own three pairs of sunglasses, and I'll wear whichever I had with me in the car when I go golfing. They'll spend some parts of the round on my face and some parts of the round on my hat.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear good sunglasses. Not because I'm a snob.

Because I've learned I'm a vampire or a gremlin. JK

Call me practical, but Bolle and Tifosi are within my price range and quality. I honestly cannot see without sunglasses.

I usually wear sunglasses on the top of the bill of my hat. It just looks cool IMHO

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

I will be this year, I wear Oakley Canteens.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I usually wear sunglasses on the top of the bill of my hat. It just looks cool IMHO

Sunglasses upside down or right side up on the bill?

Or flipped upside down when they hug the backside of your ball cap? Or, if you're a TaylorMade fan, the ear-slots for your sunglasses are built into the ballcap? Nah. That's a dated look.

I wear my Oakley X Metal Juliets for everything. I can't even go outside with out them. I were them wether it's bright or overcast. I'm pretty sensitive to light, but I have great night vision, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

• Administrator
I have a pair of prescription lenses that are also polarized sunglasses. I wear these most often since they're exactly the same as my regular lenses.

I also have a pair of Callaway lenses that I like, and a pair of Rudy Project lenses (prescription) with flip-down sunglasses things. One pair is a tiny bit loose and the other a tiny bit too tight.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As I don't wear a hat it's Tifosi sunglasses for me. I'm just starting to use them for putting. With the proper lens installed it really makes a huge difference in seeing subtle breaks etc. that I would not have seen without them.

Now if I could only learn to putt and take advantage of this information!!

I have a pair of Oakley XX's that never leave the bill of my cap unless the sun is shining dead into my eyes. I wear the everywhere I go no matter what the conditions. I even wore them in the pouring rain during my last tourney. Superstition I guess.......

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

My shades are typically resting on the back of my hat and are rarely in use while playing. They seem to distort my vision while wearing them. Not the best of quality.
They come in handy in between shots in the last hour or so before dark with the sun sitting low. Also good for searching for that errant shot! lol

If it's even slightly bright out I will have them on just because sometimes it's hard to see without them. I guess it might be sensitive eyes but I don't know.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

not to be too far off subject, what was the sun glasses that Feherty was advertising a while back? something about it helping you read the greens better.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

I wear normal glasses - tried contact lenses and failed. So until I get laser eye surgery I won't be wearing sunglasses. Which isn't so bad in Ireland. Where we have more need for mittens and umbrellas than sunglasses!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I don't wear them unless it's absolutely necessary in midsummer. Here in Colorado the sun is very damaging, so I always wear my wide brim Tilley Hat, and that generally provides good protection for my eyes and face. But some days the sun just seems to burn at you from every direction, and then I will also wear sunglasses.

I won't pay the exorbitant prices for them that the "cool" brands cost.... they just aren't worth it I don't wear them enough to blow that much on a pair of part time sunglasses.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!