IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

. . .I had purchased a set of used Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2 clubs last year and thought that the driver was awesome! (compared to what I had been using for about 9 years) Then I tried the Superquad. . .all of a sudden the 9 year old Ti Bubble 2 was outdated! I think the Superquad is an awesome driver and am very happy with it. With the 460cc head, you can tee the ball up so much higher and it really makes a difference in your distance and accuracy.

Hit em straight!

Mike

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R7 425CC (I love this Diver, best driver I have ever owned). If you can find one, I highly recommend it.) Before I bought this diver I was so not a Taylor Made fan but this club definitely changed my mind. I know this club is two years old, but i haven't found anything else that I am more comfortable standing over on the tee and results speak for themselves.
What's In my bag:

Driver: R7 425CC 9.5° with 65 REAX (Co-designed by Fujikura) Mid Tip Stiff Flex

3-wood: Tight Lies Tour Model 15° with Proforce V2 stiff flex Made by UST Irons: GRADS MP (3-PW) Rifle Flighted ShaftsWedges: 52° (standard bounce), 56° (standard bounce) & 58° (low bounce)...

Taylor Made R7 460. Came back after trying several others to no avail.

Definitely not a guru, but I firmly believe that if you have a major quality driver, at least 75 percent of the battle is finding the right shaft for you. Looks for me like it is the Pro Launch Graffalloy Blue stiff. Tried the stock Taylor Made and several Aldilas, as well as the Mizuno 560, ended up coming back. Straying was an expensive proposition.

Well, I've persevered with the Titleist 905R now since I got it last July.

It was a replacement for my TM R7 460 as it developped a rattle. The shop I got it from was going to send it to TM for repair/replacement however as I was leaving Australia to move to Dubai 2 weeks later, there was no chance of it returning in time. So, as they had no other 460s in stock, I took a chance on an 905R (with YS6+ stiff) as a straight swap...

Now, the R7 (for me anyway) had an awesome trajectory and a huge flight carry. The 905 however is not so nice - I am struggling with a slice (which the R7 with draw weighting probably hid). When I try and correct the slice, I get this ugly duck hook. Only on occasion do I catch it sweet, and even then, I am convinced its 20-30 yards shorter than I hit the R7.

Would love to go back to TM, thats for sure!!

What's the going rate for an immaculate (no sky marks/chips/scuffs) 9.5 deg 905R with the YS6+ stiff shaft??

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I played an R7 460 for most of the year last year. Bought it used, though, so a new one may be on order this spring.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

I recently switched from my r580xd to the Simpac S-Cube D1 9 lofted driver. No complaints, everything is going straight and 250+.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

adams rpm 10.5 with a prolaunch blue regular flex shaft-its heading to the basement soon, i'm looking at mizuno, wilson, MacGregor, and MAYBE callaway

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I currently use a Taylor Made R7 Superquad and it is without a doubt the best driver I have used in recent memory. I would rank it up there with the legendary Titleist 975D.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

I have four drivers right now.
Pinseeker Ti. 460 10.5 with Graffalloy Prolaunch ps reg.
Cleveland Hibore 10.5 w/ stock fujikura stiff
Callaway Ft-5 neutral 9.5 w/ fujikura 360 stiff
Nickent 4dx 9 draw w/ ust sr3 stiff

In my Sticks stand bag:
Driver: 4DX Draw 9.5
3W: Pinseeker Ti
3H: 4DX IW
4H: 4DX IWIrons: X-20 steelWedges: CG14 52, MP-T 56Putter: Marxman malletGPS: SkyCaddie SG5

I am considering Ft-i versus Ft-5 or TM Burner? Welcome members opinions and experience with the above.

Cheers

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

I am considering Ft-i versus Ft-5 or TM Burner? Welcome members opinions and experience with the above.

I honetly didnt like the Burner. I didnt like the fti that much-but the ft5 is a fantastic driver. It makes a funny sound but it is very forgiving . It also has a great stock shaft in it. Best Wishes

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Thanks - just returned from the driving range and agree. I also tried the Ping G10 and Rapture. Did not work for me. Ordering the FT5 tonight via the US. Thanks

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

Thanks - just returned from the driving range and agree. I also tried the Ping G10 and Rapture. Did not work for me. Ordering the FT5 tonight via the US. Thanks

Yea no problem man. I really respect that you have a passion to find what club is best for you. I wish you all the best with the ft5

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I recently (2 months ago) bought a Cleveland HiBore for only $140 sure the XL and the XLS are out but give the original a try and you wont be dissapointed. I tried just about everytinkg there is Nike TM callaway etc, all good clubs, but for the price the HiBore cant be beat... have already won 1 long drive comp at a work golf day with it too

Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!