IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Calaway FT-i 9.5° Draw Bias

----------------------------------
In my XXV Anniversary 10.5 Callaway Staff Bag
Driver FT-i 10°
Woods Big Bertha 3, 5, 7

Hybrid 4 X-Hybrid

Irons X-20 5-SW

Wedge 60° X-Tour

Putter Odyssey White steel Tri-Ball SRT

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the Taylor Made R7 460 primarily because of its inter-changeable weight that gives me the option to change my shots. Not a very big fan of the loud & annoying Nike drivers.

In my Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 10.5° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D3 RF Graphite

3-Wood: TaylorMade r7 Ti 15° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D2 RF Graphite

3-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 21° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

4-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 24° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

5-9: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D3 RF Steel

PW: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D4 RF Steel

AW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 50°, 6° Bounce WF Steel

SW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 54°, 10° Bounce WF Steel

LW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 58°, 8° Bounce WF Steel

P: TaylorMade Rossa Daytona1 AGSI®+ 32” Blade

How (other than I believe mutliple weight positions) does the SuperQuad differ from the R7 460? Forgive my ignorance. I was told a few months ago that if I liked the ball flight on my R7 there was no real need to consider the SuperQuad? Would appreciate your thoughts.

How (other than I believe mutliple weight positions) does the SuperQuad differ from the R7 460? Forgive my ignorance. I was told a few months ago that if I liked the ball flight on my R7 there was no real need to consider the SuperQuad? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Ive always heard " If it ain't broke, dont fix it. "

I honestly dont know the difference between the two, never played the 460. Had a brief stint with the superquad and didnt like it all that much. I have a 425 Tp on order now. Personal preference is the smaller heads. 460 cc is to much.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

The ability to adjust your trajectory --Anything with weights. If you see a guy with a TaylorMade you know hes a gamer.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

The ability to adjust your trajectory --Anything with weights. If you see a guy with a TaylorMade you know hes a gamer.

i disagree totally.

dont judge a book but it's cover. Dont get me wrong Taylor Made is a great company and make outstanding equipment (see signature). But i dont care what equipment a person has, its the way they play that earns my respect.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I use a snake eyes Python 11 deg offset w/ a snake eyes python reg shaft

$20 in the used bin at Golfsmith...not a mark on it when I bought it

Funny- I never thought the clubs make the player...If we all go buy Nikes and get the irons custom made by Miura, will we be as good as Tiger?

If you see a guy with a Taylor Made driver, it means when the cash was in his pocket, he wanted a Taylor Made.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

No but a lot of the better players like to mess with their trajectory...im really picky with my trajectory--i hate hitting the ball 10 miles in the air--thats why a lot of guys like the r7

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

If you see a guy with a TaylorMade you know hes a gamer.

Sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

No but a lot of the better players like to mess with their trajectory...im really picky with my trajectory--i hate hitting the ball 10 miles in the air--thats why a lot of guys like the r7

Interesting, I too like to mess with my trajectory, to do that I adjust my swing.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

• Administrator

No, a lot of the better players like to spend time choosing the proper driver head and shaft.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the r7 has a great head and shaft as a stock club. The head never mattered to me because i hit everything solid. I only cared about how heavy the shaft is and what flex it is. I also feel that weights make a big difference in the flight of the ball.

i use and love the trusty old ping G2... yea its a little out dated but it out preforms every other driver ive tried... consistontley about 295 with the slightest bit of a draw

• 2 weeks later...
Id love to try/buy a titleist. What is the best model for 460cc by Titleist? Love the classic look of it. Taylor Made is always #1 it seems. If you look at 2007 fairways hit 95% of the top 20 in driving accuracy use the taylor mades. that is saying something!
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

Nike SUMO 460, just seemed to hit it better than some of the others I tried.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I just retired the Burner for an 08 FT-i LCG 9.5 deg... The square head doesn't bother me, and neither do the drives straight down the fairway

In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!