IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Happiest golfers I've seen are those who have found a driver they really like and have stayed with it over the years. It's misery jumping from one driver to another, the new one feels great for a little while but then the doubts start creeping in.

I"m having a lot of consistent success with my CAlloway FT-5 draw, I know it's a great driver so I'm not looking around for something else.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland Ti460 9.5 Degree :)
I absolutely love this :)

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

just a HiBore 10,5° R-Flex.

bought it from ebay for around 70$ at the beginning of the year.

Sumo 5000 Driver 11.5° Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana R-65
HiBore XLS Fairway 19° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
HiBore XLS Hybrid 24° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
CG Gold Irons 4-PW Cleveland Graphite 78g Regular
CG 14 Black Pearl Wedges 50°/8, 54°/12, 58°/12 Cleveland Traction Steel 125gRoss...

Happiest golfers I've seen are those who have found a driver they really like and have stayed with it over the years

Agree on this. I had my Callaway Great Big Bertha (with the RCH90 shaft) for years. It became a backup club and when my Titleist 975D shaft split, it went back in the bag. Must have owned it for a number of years. Decided time for a change, and went for an R7 460, which developed the dreaded head rattle after 3 months. Got it exchanged for an Titleist 905R which I hated from the minute I got it. Have just replaced this with a Superquad, which I feel plays vry similar to my old R7 460. This is here to stay for a long while I am sure. I want to improve my game so I can set the club to neutral weighting and begin to work the ball properly.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Mine was "cutting edge" when I first got it...eons ago. It reminded me of a burner driver I had in the past....sound, feel...solid.

I do want a new club....maybe a 460cc head this time.

The PING G10 is really looking good to me right now.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Even though I think of myself as a Titleist man, the Taylormade R7 425 is the best driver I have ever owned. I bought a few extra weights to tweek it exactly like I like it and it has been money ever since. I do not plan on buying another driver anytime soon!

Driver - R7 425 9.5*
3 Wood - 980 15*
Hybrid - Rescue Mid 19* & 16*
Irons - 735.CM 4-9
Wedges - 248.06, SM54.14, & SM60.08White Hot Tour #5 Ball - ProV1 XHome Course: The Island

I'm using a Taylor Made 580xd and I love it, but I can't help but wonder if something newer might give me more distance. The one thing the 580 doesn't give me is very much roll.

Can anyone tell me if there's been any great leaps in technology since the 580?

580xd driver
G10 15* hybrid
MP fli-hi 3 iron
MP30 4-PW
MPT 53 and 58 wedges DF 330 putterLikes: Traffic Lights (but not when they're red) Dislikes: Diamond Shreddies (why mess with a good thing?) Real Men hit 9-woods.

Just switched to a TM Burner TP 8.5* with a TP Fujikura Rombax Technology shaft. Longest, straightest driver I've ever owned.

Driver: Burner TP 8.5* 65 gram Fujikura Rombax shaft 46" Stiff Midsize Tour Velvet Grip
4 Wood: 16.5* Tour Edge Exotics Accra XT60 shaft
7Wood: 21* Tour Edge Exotics Accra XT60
Hybrids: Baffler DWS 3/R (20*)& 4/R (24*), Aldila VS Proto-HL 65 Stiff
Irons: MX-25 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950 GH, +.75"...

I use a Cobra F Speed drive, after swinging a ton of clubs at the local golf store, I found out this is the club for me. The only thing that takes getting use to is the sound the driver makes when hitting the ball.

What's in my bag

Driver Dymo Squared Str8Fit 9.5
3 wood SZ 3 wood
Irons: 710 AP1Wedges: 52* oilcan, 56* oilcan spin milled Putter: Blue Chip OZ Ball: NXT

I like my Callaway FT-5, only thing about it I don't like is that the stock shaft on it is a bit light and I sadly didn't change it when I bought it.

I use a Cobra F Speed drive, after swinging a ton of clubs at the local golf store, I found out this is the club for me. The only thing that takes getting use to is the sound the driver makes when hitting the ball.

Speaking about sounds...I'm using a King Cobra offset driver that sounds like hitting an empty metal bucket. It's very....distictive

It's truly a head turner at the driving range and I can hit a mile. At least that is what my 7 yr son thinks My golfing buddy told me to try this on the first tee during our annual golfing trip last year. My drive was a beauty down the middle about 280 or so. He hasn't seen it since.

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

I use the Nickent 3DX Square Driver. I love the way it looks for a square driver.

WarBird Hot Bag:
Burner 2007 10.5 Degree Stiff Flex
Diablo 18 degree
3DX Ironwood DC 3H
X-22 Irons 4-PW Uniflex Steel ShaftsComing Soon: 52 Degree Forged+ 56 Degree CG14 60 Degree Standard Bounce Blade Putter

I just got a TaylorMade Tour Burner, 10.5 degree with a regular shaft. So far I really like it. It's a good 20 yards longer than my previous driver, a Integra. And some of my bad shots have gone a lot further than they had any right to.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Using the Taylormade R5. Tried my friend's Taylormade CGB Max and Taylormade Tour Burner. Really liked the feel of the CGB Max but the Tour Burner was too much for me.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 4061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!