IGNORED

Your Worst Ever Round?

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My worst round ever came in our Club Championship, first round, last season.  The course we played is not an overly tough one... but I fell apart from the start.  I had been playing some of the best golf of my life leading up to that round and just batted the ball around like I'd never stepped foot on a course.  After a front side 50... I felt it wasn't too bad because I started triple - triple - bogey - triple.  I figured the worst was behind me... then I choked even worse (quad - double - triple - triple) en route to a back side 58.

I've shot worse scores in my life... but I never gave up on a round like I did that day.  I just wanted it to be over with so I could go home.  The following day, while better, was still a bad day.  I think I finished next to last or something like that.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was playing 36 holes for the second day in a row in Texas heat a couple of months ago.  I had two slight, but nagging injuries, and I still wasn't comfortable with some changes from a recent lesson.  Front nine was something like +1 or +2, switch flipped on 10 and ended up shooting something like +25 on 9....it's becoming a distant memory.  It was probably the only time I ever wished a round of golf were over.  Of course it was on the tee on 18... .  Definitely the perfect storm there.  I took two weeks off and came back guns blazing shooting the best scores of my life.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

The front 9 of that one.

You started off '6,6,6'. That should have been a sign to stop....

haha but I feel those bad rounds that you just don't know how you can play that bad. Bad breaks left and right (mostly to the right).

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

my worst rounds are when i play with my friends last 3 times my rounds have been 123,122, and 124 yet on my own im hitting 107,109 and 112, i have just started golf and learning the hard way but just cant drop the shots when im with friends

Although I've improved since I started last year, my ball striking is inconsistent but it seem that I have my "worst round" about every other week.  I mean, it can't get any worse when you top almost everything.  But then I'll have some decent to good rounds followed (inevitably) by another "worst round."

I'm coming to realize that only a very small percentage of the golfing population has any real chance to be a decent recreational golfer much less a competitive club tournament player....no matter how much time, energy, and instruction is dedicated to the game.  Sometimes I have to look at golf as a walk through some beautiful landscapes that is occasionally interrupted by attempts to hit a golf ball.  I still enjoy getting on the course and prefer it to the office!   Most days anyway.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Shot 111 at my course Open tourny beginning of July. Followed by 100 the next day.

My Home Course: http://chilliwackgolf.com/

In my Taylormade Bag:

The Big Stick: Calloway FT-I / Mini Big Stick: Calloway FT

2HY - Nickent 4DX IW

Irons 4-PW: Taylormade Burner 09

52' - Cleveland CG 15

56' Cleveland CG 12

60- Wilson Unknown.

Money Maker - Odessy White Hot Tour #5

My worst rounds are usually not my highest scoring.  It's more about my mental state going into and during the round.  I shot a 94 a couple of months ago at my usual course and was super pissed off, because I started with a 42 on the front.  I shot an even 100 at the Arnold Palmer course near me a few weeks ago and was good with it.  It was a much harder course and that damn Arnie knows where to put the sandtraps - and there's a lot of them.  Afterwards, having a drink outside the clubhouse, we toasted Arnie (we couldn't help it because his statue was right there) and said, "you would know where to put those traps you ol' SOB."  He was nice enough though to offer cheap happy hour drinks after kicking our butts.

G15 Driver 10.5° * G10 Draw 4-Wood * G10 Hybrid 18° * i3+ 3-SW Irons

Tour Action 60° LW

SLOTLINE J-Stroke Putter

Im pretty good friends with the state girls golf champion in my state.  I had been shooting in the low 40s and I really thought I could beat her.  Not only did I not come close to her I lost to my best friend who has beaten me 2 times in the last 2 years I think.  53 front 51 back.  The only plus was I had the only birdie of the day.  She shot a 78 from the championship tees (par 72).  I did drop a 38 today on the front nine so I might challenge her again soon.

i bet it did kieran. thats shocking

sell your clubs

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Yesterday.

86 at a tough course...3 fairways, 6 greens. 30 putts. A LOT of up and downs.

Felt terrible.

Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

I had a bad experience in a club championship a few years ago (quite a few). I'd been playing solid golf at some away courses with higher ratings and slopes. Basically I was unknowingly becoming a vanity handicapper. Just like the course I'm at now, I never scored well there. It got me in into the championship flight (no indexes) by 1/2 a stroke. I got killed. Shot maybe a couple strokes higher than normal, but relative to my flight I was by far the most useless. I'd never experienced gamesmanship and "cheaty" behaviour like that either. It wasn't even worth it as an experience. It was just plain gross.

I joined my current course to play in the league, and there are more than a few sandbaggers. I have the weekend off where the club championship falls, but I booked a condo in Banff. I'll be golfing with my family (juniors play for free with a parent - woot!) while those sandbaggers are trying to step on each other's throats. Blech.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I was hanging around the house one day with some spare time and decided to go out "single".  I had not played the course at AZ State U Course (Karsten) for awhile so called and they had room if I didn't mind playing with some "ladies".  Well I was expecting a slow round but said OK.  It turned out to be a couple of young ladies that happened to be members of the ASU Women's golf team out for a practice round (I think the scheduler had a sense of humor).  They scored 2 under and 1 over respectively.  Although embarrassing  (I shot a scorching 96 from the tips where they were playing) I did enjoy the company and watching some really skilled amateurs play up close.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!