IGNORED

Where do you waste the most shots?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Where do you waste the most shots?

• Driver
    • Long approach/Fairway woods 180+
    • Middle Distances 130-175
    • Short Irons 90-125
    • Pitching <90
    • Chipping
    • Putting
    • Mental/Course Management

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting. Ive never been all that good at reading the break. I normally try to just get my first putt close to the hold (within a few inches). At least that way I can be pretty sure that I wont end up with a dreaded 3-putt...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Just call me Scotty 3+ putt.

Every week i say to myself, "just go to the practice green". Spend a good hour there. But no. I get there, putt for 10 minutes and off i go to play 18. 3 putting the entire time.

Id say putting, followed by driver. My putting is below average, and when my driver is acting up it gets me into trouble and ill waste some shots there.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I was looking for the "When I swing the club," option. :)

Chipping for me - I'm still not consistant enough.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Short range is where I waste most of my shots. I'm just not consistent enough, usually end up wasting a stroke or two just to get it on the green when I'm within 100 yards.

Putting too, even though I've gotten better reading the breaks.

ABSOLUTELY CHIPPING.
if i don't hit the green. its a bogey.
i can't stand chipping.
up and down is very rare

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

Since I've started playing again these past 2 months after a few years laying off my main problems have been hitting driver and / or 3 wood off the tee.

I'm using an older club of mine that is too stiff and I'm getting real low trajectories and roll. Three would is marginal at best, too.

I'll be enjoying a new 15 degree hybrid when it arrives (hopefully this week)...anticipating 205-220 yards with it.

My next purchase within the next month will be a new driver and three wood with shafts that better suit my current clubhead speed.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I definitely give up the most shots off the tee. The problem for me is that when I hit a bad tee ball, I often don't have a good look at the green which screws up my second shot, which causes me to miss the green, etc...

I guess what I'm saying is that if I hit a bad tee shot, there are consequences for the rest of the hole, not just one shot.

Driver: FT5 Tour 9.5*
3 Wood: FT Tour 15*
Irons: X-Tour 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Custom Shop Studio Stainless Newport 2

If I approached this statistically, I'd have to say my short game shots account for the most total amount of shots lost. However, hitting my approach shot (middle and long irons) into water hazards definitely accounts for most of my blowup high score holes. This, in my opinion, is far more mentally damaging than the slow drain of occasional lost shots off pushed and pulled putts. The driver is not far behind. I've had plenty of blowup holes begin with tee shots into water or O.B.

It's always subject to change but right now I'm losing the most strokes to the middle/long iron game. Other aspects of my game come and go but it's been over a year since I can honestly say that I had my "A" game for middle/long irons. It's being worked on.

I played my first round of golf this year last week and shot a 93 with 40 putts, so I am gonna say putting. It was a frustrating day. I also ended up buying Pelz's Putting Bible b/c of it.

Driver: 913D2, 9.5°
3-Wood: V-Steel, 15°
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°
Irons: MP-64, 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM 54.10, 60.08 Putter: Studio Style Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

my chipping game needs to improve around the green to within 50 yards from the green.

I would play more consistent if I can get up and down 80-90% of the time.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Putting was my choice as my current average of around 33-34 putts is way too many for not having a good GIR% but I would have liked to pick chipping as well as I have to get it close before I can expect to make them

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I'm just a beginner (2nd season). But I'm starting to get my swing down and getting reliable with my irons. But when I get to the greens I fall apart. Chipping used to be a nightmare for me until I spent a few hours practicing a new chipping technique. I'm still not good at it, but now I can chip onto the green, no more 1 foot shanks. However on the green, I rarely can sink anything over a 4 foot putt.

Yesterday was a good example. I played a twilight round with a wife and a buddy (9 holes). I shot 44 which is very good for me, but was still somewhat frustrated with myself. My drives and iron shots were dead on. My 7 of my approach shots landed and stuck to the green no problem. The 2 chips I needed also worked out quite well. But then things got ugly.

On all the holes I was on the green in time for birdie or at worst par. Yet I ended up with more bogeys than I would have wanted just from bad putting! Drives me crazy! Having great shots only to run it by missing a 5 foot putt, or worse a 4 foot putt!!

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!