IGNORED

Confirmed: Tiger and Stevie split

rebby
Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Sing Golfer

He's annoyed that the news appeared in this forum days before he even got a whisper

LMAO!,  The guy is just a terrible sports writer. Very rarely has anything positive to say, especially about Tiger, Stevie and the entire scandal.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another sign of a crumbling empire and an attempt to change something that probably wasn't broke (again).  I am actually beginning to feel sorry for Tiger. He was without question the world's greatest golfer for about 10 years.  But IMHO he self destructed and will never again be the "Tiger" we all knew.

Butch

I have definitely lost some respect for Tiger after this move. According to Steve, he didn't feel it was necessary to ask Tiger a second time for permission to caddy for Scott, and I don't think it was necessary either. After the AT&T; National, Tiger told Steve he was being disloyal and that he was no longer required to perform his duties.

I don't think Steve did anything wrong here...I'm upset with Tiger right now. Stevie has stayed very loyal since the scandal. He even said his wife (who is good friends with Tiger's ex-wife) told him to leave Tiger after the scandal, but Steve said no and that he would be by Tiger's side forever as Tiger chased Jack's 18 majors.

It really is a shame. It doesn't even sound like Tiger had a back up plan. Sounds to me like he was just pissed off because Stevie showed up at Aronimink without asking Tiger again, and Tiger got furious and fired him without even thinking about how serious of a move this is.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Just another sign of a crumbling empire and an attempt to change something that probably wasn't broke (again).  I am actually beginning to feel sorry for Tiger. He was without question the world's greatest golfer for about 10 years.  But IMHO he self destructed and will never again be the "Tiger" we all knew.

Unfortunately, I don't feel sorry for him at all. I'm disappointed with what his career has turned into, but it's all his fault. Scandal, divorce, another swing change, now the firing of the best caddy ever (my opinion), etc. I'm very upset with him. I'm still a fan and want him to come back and break Jack's record, and I still think he can do that if he can somehow get his game back and stay healthy . But you've got to think, if the scandal never would have happened, he could be sitting on 17 or 18 majors right now, or maybe he would have even passed Jack by now.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Originally Posted by mck

I just don't think there are only a select few in the world who could be a good caddie.  The skills needed are not that hard to come by which should be reflected in what they earn.  I don't know what a caddie should earn--but if I was to guess I'd say all expenses paid and 40,000 a year.  The idea of 10% of a players winnings just sounds crazy to me.

$40k per year? Even with all expenses paid, that's not much of a salary. You likely would have caddies dropping like flies for "real world" jobs because they can make more money, get health insurance (at least I assume caddies don't get paid health insurance?), etc. Even if they have it paid for them, $40k just isn't much.

Wonder if Foley's next? That was the word/rumer a few months back.

I'd be more surprised if Foley is fired than Stevie. Foley was hired post-scandal, Tiger seems like he's clearing house of everyone from before the scandal, except Steiny.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

I'd be more surprised if Foley is fired than Stevie. Foley was hired post-scandal, Tiger seems like he's clearing house of everyone from before the scandal, except Steiny.

yea thats true. Stevie would more than likely still be with Tiger if he hadnt gone to Adams bag though. Even though Tiger said he was "ok" with it when Stevie asked him, it probably changed his mind a bit.

No, don't think Foley is going anywhere. Tiger believes in what Sean is teaching him...and he made it work in the final round of the Masters this year. That's the great Foley game (besides the putting part). If he can play like that all the time, he's going to have a very successful future.

According to this article on PGATour.com, most of the other players on the Tour think Fanny will most likely be Tiger's caddy. But the only thing I have to say about that is...does she live in Europe? If she does, I'm not sure she'd be willing to relocate to the U.S. to caddy full-time for Tiger on the PGA Tour.

http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2011/07/21/speculation-soars-over-woods-next-caddie/

No, don't think Foley is going anywhere. Tiger believes in what Sean is teaching him...and he made it work in the final round of the Masters this year. That's the great Foley game (besides the putting part). If he can play like that all the time, he's going to have a very successful future.

According to this article on PGATour.com, most of the other players on the Tour think Fanny will most likely be Tiger's caddy. But the only thing I have to say about that is...does she live in Europe? If she does, I'm not sure she'd be willing to relocate to the U.S. to caddy full-time for Tiger on the PGA Tour.

http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2011/07/21/speculation-soars-over-woods-next-caddie/

She used to work with Fred Funk and NB3 (in addition to Faldo and Stenson), so it's possible she could work with another American.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

She used to work with Fred Funk and NB3 (in addition to Faldo and Stenson), so it's possible she could work with another American.

Im sure Tiger has someone in mind. I cant see him having a girl as a caddy though, we'll c

If I was her I'd leave Stenson and work for Tiger. She'd have a lot more success. The last time Stenson won on the PGA Tour was in 2009, and his last European Tour win came back in 2007.

They kept saying a childhood friend and clothing line manager (?) Bryon Bell, who had caddied for him before, could become his new caddy. But apparently they asked him and he said "The bag's too heavy."

I also heard that Tiger is planning to come back at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational...don't know if that's true or not, but if he is going to, he needs to find someone soon.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

What kind of logic is that? Stevie Williams lived in New Zealand...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They kept saying a childhood friend and clothing line manager (?) Bryon Bell, who had caddied for him before, could become his new caddy. But apparently they asked him and he said "The bag's too heavy."

I also heard that Tiger is planning to come back at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational...don't know if that's true or not, but if he is going to, he needs to find someone soon.

You aren't taking that literally, are you? If I'm reading it right, he's making a pun, as in "Tiger has too much baggage."

In my bag:

Originally Posted by iacas

What kind of logic is that? Stevie Williams lived in New Zealand...

But he's caddied for Tiger for 12 years. Just don't know if Fanny wants to caddy full-time on the PGA Tour right now after caddying for Stenson full-time in Europe. We'll just have to wait and see.

You aren't taking that literally, are you? If I'm reading it right, he's making a pun, as in "Tiger has too much baggage."

Yeah, probably a pun. Don't know for sure, just read it an article and it was just one short sentence like that, but probably a pun, yes.

Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!