IGNORED

Confirmed: Tiger and Stevie split

rebby
Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kieran123

*Tiger takes Driver out of bag*

*Stevie snickers and goes wide eyed - gives Adam Scott 3 wood*

*Tiger puts driver back in bag and takes 3 wood*

LOL.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now all the PGA Tour has to do is pair up Adam Scott and Tiger in the next tournament.....

AWWWWKKKWWAAARRRRRDDDD

hahah...I literally LOL'ed at this!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Now all the PGA Tour has to do is pair up Adam Scott and Tiger in the next tournament.....

AWWWWKKKWWAAARRRRRDDDD

ROTFL  Imagine it on a Sunday!

Williams was critical of Tigers infidelity which I'm sure Tiger wasn't happy about.  I also just read an article on Greg Norman which at the end discussed Tiger and his relationship with Tiger.  Norman stated that Tiger forced Harmon cut ties with him.  Tiger is a guy that requires 100% loyalty to him so that would mean Williams caddying for Scott combined with the past events probably put him over the edge.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's easy to dump on a guy when he's down and not participating in the discussion, but Stevie could have taken the high road here, if for no other reason that everyone who doesn't have a blinding man crush on Tiger could already see him for the kind of man he is.

Why did Williams not switch to another bag 2 years ago if he had such a high moral code? Why was he ever associated with Tiger in the first place? He liked the money, and based on his participation in awkward celebrations and how many times he managed to get his googly face on screen, he likes the attention.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

It's easy to dump on a guy when he's down and not participating in the discussion, but Stevie could have taken the high road here, if for no other reason that everyone who doesn't have a blinding man crush on Tiger could already see him for the kind of man he is.

Why did Williams not switch to another bag 2 years ago if he had such a high moral code? Why was he ever associated with Tiger in the first place? He liked the money, and based on his participation in awkward celebrations and how many times he managed to get his googly face on screen, he likes the attention.

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

I don't think he took the 'low' road by being pissed off. 2 years without pay ( sure he made millions ) but still, 2 years with not a dime ( hard to determine ), he should be allowed to go caddy for someone else ( and with the rumor Tiger giving him permission why not? ). Tiger and him were obviously good friends ( best man at their weddings ) - so as good friends, he stuck with him through the shit storm Tiger created only to be fired as the dust settles.

He caddied for Tiger originally because Tiger was the greatest player in the world at that point - which was a great career/income move for Stevie - and before the world knew of his cheating etc

I don't see anything wrong with his comments post being fired. The guy did a great job for Tiger for the last however many years. And if I was someones caddy and he was winning multiple majors and other tournaments - I would probably participate in some awkward celebrations - knowing I am getting 10% of 1 million+ dollars and working for the current greatest sports person.

I can see how he could come across as an ass to some people. But the things he says and does - a lot of us want to, but never say/do.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I don't think he took the 'low' road by being pissed off. 2 years without pay ( sure he made millions ) but still, 2 years with not a dime ( hard to determine ), he should be allowed to go caddy for someone else ( and with the rumor Tiger giving him permission why not? ). Tiger and him were obviously good friends ( best man at their weddings ) - so as good friends, he stuck with him through the shit storm Tiger created only to be fired as the dust settles.

He caddied for Tiger originally because Tiger was the greatest player in the world at that point - which was a great career/income move for Stevie - and before the world knew of his cheating etc

I don't see anything wrong with his comments post being fired. The guy did a great job for Tiger for the last however many years. And if I was someones caddy and he was winning multiple majors and other tournaments - I would probably participate in some awkward celebrations - knowing I am getting 10% of 1 million+ dollars and working for the current greatest sports person.

I can see how he could come across as an ass to some people. But the things he says and does - a lot of us want to, but never say/do.

he didnt make any money working for Tiger the past 2 years? no way

Originally Posted by motteler621

he didnt make any money working for Tiger the past 2 years? no way

Apparently - not that I believe it.

No one knows for sure what Williams makes when Tiger isn't playing golf. I'd think that Tiger would pay him something since he's out of action, but who knows? We're also not sure how Williams endorsement deals work either, some deals pay you a fixed amount over time, others are per appearance. When Tiger doesn't play, Williams doesn't get air time, so maybe no endorsement money either.  I can't imagine Williams would risk his gig with Tiger to carry another golfers bag unless he really needed the cash.

Apparently - not that I believe it.

Joe Paradiso

And there are gonna be a lot of Tiger fans who think this is great and that Williams wasn't loyal and he deserved it and blah blah blah

But if we're talking about loyalty, what sort of ass does what Tiger did and put the people he works with careers on the line, and then put them in an extremely awkward situation? Williams stuck with him regardless of it ( maybe a mistake in hind sight ), then was fired. Wheres the loyalty there?

"Thanks for sticking with me through all of what I've done and for keeping your mouth shut" ( whether he knew or not )

"No problem Tiger"

"By the way Stevie, you're fired"

I don't think he took the 'low' road by being pissed off.

And there are gonna be a lot of Tiger fans who think this is great and that Williams wasn't loyal and he deserved it and blah blah blah

Are you running out Tiger brand G-water?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

But if we're talking about loyalty, what sort of ass does what Tiger did and put the people he works with careers on the line, and then put them in an extremely awkward situation? Williams stuck with him regardless of it ( maybe a mistake in hind sight ), then was fired. Wheres the loyalty there?

"Thanks for sticking with me through all of what I've done and for keeping your mouth shut" ( whether he knew or not )

"No problem Tiger"

"By the way Stevie, you're fired"

So, is/was Tiger obligated to retain his services for the remainder of his career?  If not, then how long... some arbitrary number?  5 years?

Business partnerships being severed doesn't always have to be an indictment of the relationship.  Maybe it was in this case, but I don't believe that Tiger is obligated to keep Williams around forever simply because he behaved professionally and loyally throughout Tiger's downward spiral.

What if wholesale changes help Tiger get back on top?  Would he have then been making a decision to either be successful again or be loyal to his friend?  I don't believe they have to be mutually exclusive.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Are you running out Tiger brand G-water?

From the dribble I saw on Tigers website - most of his fans are glad Williams is gone for being 'unloyal' - either way, whom ever Tiger has on his bag - isn't gonna change the fact his game is in the gutter - as much as he would hope it would.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

So, is/was Tiger obligated to retain his services for the remainder of his career?  If not, then how long... some arbitrary number?  5 years?

Business partnerships being severed doesn't always have to be an indictment of the relationship.  Maybe it was in this case, but I don't believe that Tiger is obligated to keep Williams around forever simply because he behaved professionally and loyally throughout Tiger's downward spiral.

What if wholesale changes help Tiger get back on top?  Would he have then been making a decision to either be successful again or be loyal to his friend?  I don't believe they have to be mutually exclusive.

Brandon

I agree.

I guess it just looks like bad timing.

Stevie is arguably the best caddie on tour ( who really knows ) - this wasn't a business decision ( if it was it was a poor one )- it was a personal decision for reasons none of us will ever know and can only speculate.

Given time, I think Stevie will probably back off his comments and realize that Tiger did a considerable amount for him and his family.  It is really amazing what the touch of Tiger Woods can do -- look at Butch, Hank, now Foley......christ, would Foley be in the spotlight and writing for GD and getting all the media attention if not for Tiger?  No.....Hank Haney...I never even heard of the guy before Tiger and now he is a staple on the GC and is a go-to source for most golf writers on almost all subjects.....

Stevie was given a great opportunity and had a great run, but the bottom line is that Tiger is the boss.....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

So what if--

Tiger isn't coming back and did this to:

a. Make himself the bad guy and give Williams the opportunity to move on

b. Delay the announcement and retain his in charge status

Also, Paul is dead and if you play the White Album backwards it tells you so.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Not to sure where all this hostility is coming from,

According to Tiger Woods website Tiger wished Stevie well in the future, Thanked him for all of his help throughout the  years of service and

that was it. Not to sure why everyone thinks Tiger is the bad person here.

Once again I think some people are going off of speculation and stirring the Tiger pot.

Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!