IGNORED

Anyone Watch Dalton McCrary's How to Hit the Golf Ball as Straight as You Can Point?

Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey, guys and girls, I travel and am in all-day meetings every few weeks, and during the week - business.

First, thanks, Dalton for the offer. We will do something.

Second, this is not a debate.

This thread began over two years ago, and said nothing at all , other than Dalton is a great teacher. No one refutes that statement. His students do not. The rest of us cannot, because we don't know Dalton or what he teaches. It's even difficult to find much on youtube.

The purpose of the board is to promote discussion about golf, including techniques, patterns, methods, etc.

As a member of golf boards for more than 12 years, and having administered a board in the past, this thread seemed like a way of selling Dalton. We had a lot of 1-2 post members on this thread with this thread being their first post, and no one willing to say anything. To board veterans, that smells of spam.

My purpose in this thread was not to learn about Dalton, but to have the guys who are interested in what he does, discuss his methods, techniques, etc. to promote discussion. It is what we do here:

5 Simple Keys Video Thread:   http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread

Quickie Pitching Video Thread:   http://thesandtrap.com/t/39411/quickie-pitching-video

Great Practice:  http://thesandtrap.com/t/54840/simple-specific-slow-short-and-success-the-five-s-s-of-great-practice

S&T;: http://thesandtrap.com/t/30537/the-stack-and-tilt-golf-swing

Hitting Up or Down with the Driver:  http://thesandtrap.com/t/44307/hitting-up-or-down-with-the-driver-in-an-inline-pattern

The above are examples of discussion.

Over the weekend, Steve Draper came on here, thought he'd offended people, etc, but we were merely attempting to get him to discuss Dalton. It seemed like there was a two year disconnect with Dalton's students as to what we do on a golf discussion board. The members merely asked the new guys to discuss Dalton so we could learn and his students could discuss what worked or did not work for them, i.e., the "meat."

Personally, I am not interested in Hank Haney, Jim Hardy, Butch Harmon or their methods. The point is I have instructors and a road map to my swing. When I meet with the guys who have taught me - Mike, Erik, Dana Dahlquist, we work on that road map. I am happy with my progress.

I agree with Dalton as to most golf instruction - generally, it is poor. I have found high quality instructors as named above. It took a long time to find "my guys" and I'm not willing to part with them, although they may be willing to part with me.

Dalton, you will find that members with a couple of thousand posts, have a lot of things to say about the game. Apparently, we love golf. We research, experiment, discuss. The comments I make on this board are no different than the many hundreds, or thousands, of other members on this board with a large number of posts.

So if y'all want to discuss, do so.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by str8golfer

------------------------------------------Golf Teachers and weekend golfers who think they know the golf swing believe there is muscle memory----------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------And there is no such thing as muscle memory. ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOPE AND NEVER HAS BEEN.-----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT? WELL GET READY FOR THE PROOF. BRAIN DEAD PEOPLE DO NOT MOVE.-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------- IF YOU ARE NOT TELLING YOUR BODY DO SO SOMETHING IT DOES NOTHING--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Every motion your body does the brain is telling your body to do it or it would not do a damn thing but lay there.-----------------------------------------------------

Don't even try to argue with that for you can't, it's the truth. Period, like it or not.

Hello Mr. McCrary,

I have an honest question for you.  (If it sounds argumentative, it's not meant to).  If there is no such thing as muscle memory, how come our swings are virtually the same every time?  I mean, wouldn't I go out there one day and swing like Jim Furyk, and then the next day swing like Adam Scott, and the next swing like Tommy Gainey, if there was no such thing as muscle memory?

Everything you say makes sense, but it just seems like there has to be some muscle memory.  Granted, I'm a mediocre amateur so my swings are certainly not exactly the same each time, but when I'm not thinking about anything - I'm "brain dead" if you will - they are going to look pretty danged similar.  Why is that?

And I mean real Andy By God quickly.

I've never heard this before, but I like it! (Probably becasue some people actually call me Andy ;))

Dead people don't do a lot of things that isn't proof of much Dalton. this thread went from funny to downright hilarious. I dont teach golf I teach people how ot teach golf thats great ha ha.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I've read enough here to decide that Dalton and his acolytes protect their secret formula for golf success very cautiously. No thanks, I'm not buying anything to see what you've got. There's plenty of good info out there on golf (Desmond posted just a few), but very little concrete stuff is coming from Dalton and crew- just un-specific platitudes. Burden is on them to post something worthwhile that we can use, not on us to beg for something concrete.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Golfing Dad:

I was teaching a couple of surgeons in Las Vegas a number of years ago and it keep saying "muscle memory" and I got corrected. They told me there is no such thing that brain dead people don't move. OK, that made since to me so I stopped saying 'muscle memory'. I questioned the same question to the doctors. It's where I came up with how to de-program you personal swing computer and re-program with information so you can tell your body to do something different. We do the same things over and over simply because we heard a 'Key' phrase, we saw for example a ONE PIECE TAKE AWAY that was shown in slow motion on Sunday that Johnny Miller or Brandell Shamble spoke of  or you see how long Tiger Woods keeps his head behind the ball and it sticks in you mind. You go out and swing once or twice and it works so it's forever in your mind.

You may not think you are telling your body to do anything but in truth you tell your body to do everything. What to see how fast your body (anyone's body) can change a 10/20/30/40/50 year old habit here is what you do. The next time you meet someone put your right hand in your pocket and when you are introduced reach out with your left hand and watch how fast the human brain changes what you've done all your life as it stops reaching with your right hand and instantly reaches with your left. That my golfing friend is how fast you can change your golf swing. All you have to do is tell your body to do something different and it will do it instantly. You keep doing it and keep practicing it to the point that you believe you have developed muscle memory. But you haven't all you've done is tell your brain we are going to do B instead of A from now on so your brain sends the B signals to your muscles for response instead of sending A brain waves to your muscles for response. But make no mistake about it. You don't pick up a glass, brush your teeth, open a door or shake your head yes or no without your brain telling your body what to do. Try brushing your teeth with the opposite hand. Talk about odd. ------ I missed the last step coming down the stairs a couple of years ago and fell so fast I did not have time to put my hands out to brace the fall. I hit right on my right shoulder. Like a defense player wrapping up the ball carrier and then driving the ball carrier right into the ground on his right shoulder. You've seen it happen. My right shoulder popped out of socket, it was under my chin. What it did was stretch the muscles and tendons so far that they would not keep my shoulder in the socket any longer. Dr could pop it back in but if I raised my elbow up past my nipples (to brush my teeth)  it would pop out again. Try brushing your teeth with your left hand, Daaaaaaaaaa NOPE. got no feel for it at all. Not even with an electronic tooth brush. Some thing's you just can't do with the opposite hand. Like butter bread. It took me 9 months to get my shoulder back. I can write left handed now. Throw left handed now. Butter my bread left handed now. I can even shave with a straight razor in my left hand now. It's like having a good golf grip. As Harvey Penick said, if you have a bad grip you don't want a good swing. But golfers try to swing consistently with a grip that is not on the club so the club can be repeated. How do you develop a solid grip. Well easier than learning to sleep on your left shoulder that for sure. But here's the key to  a repeating grip. --------------- IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO FEEL GOOD YOUR ARE SUPPOSE TO GET USE TO THE FEEL.

Hope that helped you. Appreciate the question. Have any more please post it on my face book, I invite all questions and videos of your swing. Please be my guest and post. It's the only reason I posted here. I was the first golf teacher to be marketed world wide via television infomercials. The marketing company got greedy with the amount of sales we had. They marketed the word ' STRAIGHT' and it sold for no teacher had ever stated you could hit a golf ball dead straight till I hit the air in 1996. The word straight was not used in the golf industry anywhere prior to 1996. Now you see it every where. ----------Your Welcome, but all the post on me are because we sold 4M videos and they would not allow me to get in touch with anyone who bought my videos nor would they let anyone who bought the tapes to reach out and ask me a question. ---------- Golfers I'm sorry. It was not my doing. The whole idea if the --follow up, follow up and follow up after the sale. That is why we are calling it DALTON'S STRAIGHT TALKING GOLF this time cause the team that are helping me this time are devoted to making sure golfers can reach me at any time with any questions and I will respond. My phone number is posted my personal email is posted and if I have to take a short video to explain your questions and send it to you or call you on Skype to answer it you damn Skippy I will. ------------- I am a weekend golfer just like you are. I just happen to be able to relate the golf swing so simple that it's very difficult to argue with how I say it. As long as you can't disagree with what I say the mind will accept it and the body will do it.----------- I guarandamnteeyou.

Dalton McCrary

Well, here we go. Yes I just signed up to this forum. I`m a sports scientist, not a salesman as seems to be the case for new posters, according to some members on here. I just posted in the welcome section. Searching around I can see that this post is getting a lot of attention. I have heard of Dalton McCrary through a few friends & clients. Talking of being brain dead, there are many theories around, but this is what I understand. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Declaring Brain Death Brain death means that a qualified physician, typically a neurologist, did an extensive physical examination of the patient and found that the patient meets brain death criteria. Before brain death is pronounced, three clinical criteria must be met: Unresponsiveness Absence of reflexes Apnea (inability to breathe without a ventilator) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So, Mr McCrary is right on the ball. Once a person is declared brain-dead, they have no responses or reflexes. This is in fact true. Every movement your body actually makes (not including in-voluntary reactions) requires your brain to send the signal through your nervous system to tell your body what to do. Your muscles, bones, tendons etc are living tissue but have no voluntary brains to tell them what to do. There is only one brain in the body. There is only one central nervous system. All of this system controls your body. THE MEMORY IS IN YOUR BRAIN, NOT YOUR MUSCLES - THEY JUST DO WHAT YOUR BRAIN TELLS THEM TO DO.

I can't wait to see how this thread develops and hope the challenge gets taken up! I posted here a while ago having been a lurker for a while and got abused for it. Not very encouraging. But I maintain that Daltons method works for me. I think any methodology will work to be honest. My own mistake in the past has always been trying to mix methods by reading all the books and magazine articles and also getting personal coaching in the vain hope that accumulating all this knowledge would be beneficial and it totally screwed me up to the point where I was on he verge of giving up the game. Different teachers have different methods and different teaching styles. Dalton is very "American" and I'm British so personalities couldnt be more different and for every positive reviewer I'm sure there will be one who doesn't like his style but I warmed to him when I watched the original videos and they remain my main learning aids when things go wrong. My opinion is that they're informative and entertaining. And very motivating! I'm sorry that i'm no expert on the golf swing so can't add anything to this thread about technical considerations. I really just wanted to post (again) to give Dalton and Steve Draper some moral support. For the record I'm not connected with Dalton in any way and am in my 50's so not naïve about advertising disguised as enthusiasm. I am just a fan that has benefitted from the teaching. Discussion is good. Thanks to Steve for having the balls and the desire to engage.

Golfing Dad:

I was teaching a couple of surgeons in Las Vegas a number of years ago and it keep saying "muscle memory" and I got corrected. They told me there is no such thing that brain dead people don't move. OK, that made since to me so I stopped saying 'muscle memory'. I questioned the same question to the doctors. It's where I came up with how to de-program you personal swing computer and re-program with information so you can tell your body to do something different. We do the same things over and over simply because we heard a 'Key' phrase, we saw for example a ONE PIECE TAKE AWAY that was shown in slow motion on Sunday that Johnny Miller or Brandell Shamble spoke of  or you see how long Tiger Woods keeps his head behind the ball and it sticks in you mind. You go out and swing once or twice and it works so it's forever in your mind.

You may not think you are telling your body to do anything but in truth you tell your body to do everything. What to see how fast your body (anyone's body) can change a 10/20/30/40/50 year old habit here is what you do. The next time you meet someone put your right hand in your pocket and when you are introduced reach out with your left hand and watch how fast the human brain changes what you've done all your life as it stops reaching with your right hand and instantly reaches with your left. That my golfing friend is how fast you can change your golf swing. All you have to do is tell your body to do something different and it will do it instantly. You keep doing it and keep practicing it to the point that you believe you have developed muscle memory. But you haven't all you've done is tell your brain we are going to do B instead of A from now on so your brain sends the B signals to your muscles for response instead of sending A brain waves to your muscles for response. But make no mistake about it. You don't pick up a glass, brush your teeth, open a door or shake your head yes or no without your brain telling your body what to do. Try brushing your teeth with the opposite hand. Talk about odd. ------ I missed the last step coming down the stairs a couple of years ago and fell so fast I did not have time to put my hands out to brace the fall. I hit right on my right shoulder. Like a defense player wrapping up the ball carrier and then driving the ball carrier right into the ground on his right shoulder. You've seen it happen. My right shoulder popped out of socket, it was under my chin. What it did was stretch the muscles and tendons so far that they would not keep my shoulder in the socket any longer. Dr could pop it back in but if I raised my elbow up past my nipples (to brush my teeth)  it would pop out again. Try brushing your teeth with your left hand, Daaaaaaaaaa NOPE. got no feel for it at all. Not even with an electronic tooth brush. Some thing's you just can't do with the opposite hand. Like butter bread. It took me 9 months to get my shoulder back. I can write left handed now. Throw left handed now. Butter my bread left handed now. I can even shave with a straight razor in my left hand now. It's like having a good golf grip. As Harvey Penick said, if you have a bad grip you don't want a good swing. But golfers try to swing consistently with a grip that is not on the club so the club can be repeated. How do you develop a solid grip. Well easier than learning to sleep on your left shoulder that for sure. But here's the key to  a repeating grip. --------------- IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO FEEL GOOD YOUR ARE SUPPOSE TO GET USE TO THE FEEL.

Hope that helped you. Appreciate the question. Have any more please post it on my face book, I invite all questions and videos of your swing. Please be my guest and post. It's the only reason I posted here. I was the first golf teacher to be marketed world wide via television infomercials. The marketing company got greedy with the amount of sales we had. They marketed the word 'STRAIGHT' and it sold for no teacher had ever stated you could hit a golf ball dead straight till I hit the air in 1996. The word straight was not used in the golf industry anywhere prior to 1996. Now you see it every where. ----------Your Welcome, but all the post on me are because we sold 4M videos and they would not allow me to get in touch with anyone who bought my videos nor would they let anyone who bought the tapes to reach out and ask me a question. ---------- Golfers I'm sorry. It was not my doing. The whole idea if the --follow up, follow up and follow up after the sale. That is why we are calling it DALTON'S STRAIGHT TALKING GOLF this time cause the team that are helping me this time are devoted to making sure golfers can reach me at any time with any questions and I will respond. My phone number is posted my personal email is posted and if I have to take a short video to explain your questions and send it to you or call you on Skype to answer it you damn Skippy I will. ------------- I am a weekend golfer just like you are. I just happen to be able to relate the golf swing so simple that it's very difficult to argue with how I say it. As long as you can't disagree with what I say the mind will accept it and the body will do it.----------- I guarandamnteeyou.

Dalton McCrary

Thank you very much for the reply.  Now I understand what you are saying.  I disagree, however, because I think this is just a semantics game you are playing.  Of course there is no such thing as LITERAL muscle memory - Nobody has a brain in their muscles.  But I've never taken the term to mean that.  I take it to mean that you simply remember to do something without thinking about it.  I may get that key tip from Brandel (don't count on it, lol!) once, try it out and like it, but after awhile, if I'm practicing effectively, I don't need to consciously think about it anymore when I'm swinging.  That is what Imuscle memory means, as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by WillR

Well, here we go. Yes I just signed up to this forum. I`m a sports scientist, not a salesman as seems to be the case for new posters, according to some members on here. I just posted in the welcome section. Searching around I can see that this post is getting a lot of attention. I have heard of Dalton McCrary through a few friends & clients. Talking of being brain dead, there are many theories around, but this is what I understand. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Declaring Brain Death Brain death means that a qualified physician, typically a neurologist, did an extensive physical examination of the patient and found that the patient meets brain death criteria. Before brain death is pronounced, three clinical criteria must be met: Unresponsiveness Absence of reflexes Apnea (inability to breathe without a ventilator) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So, Mr McCrary is right on the ball. Once a person is declared brain-dead, they have no responses or reflexes. This is in fact true. Every movement your body actually makes (not including in-voluntary reactions) requires your brain to send the signal through your nervous system to tell your body what to do. Your muscles, bones, tendons etc are living tissue but have no voluntary brains to tell them what to do. There is only one brain in the body. There is only one central nervous system. All of this system controls your body. THE MEMORY IS IN YOUR BRAIN, NOT YOUR MUSCLES - THEY JUST DO WHAT YOUR BRAIN TELLS THEM TO DO.

And, we're back where we started on this thread. This is the crap that was bugging people from the beginning.  New "different" members signing up just to post in this thread with what certainly seems like an agenda.  Mr. McCrary's 2 or 3 posts above are the first and only posts I've ever seen on this site with this type of syntax.--------------------------------------------------------------------------And then immediately following the last one there is, surprise, surprise, somebody signing up apparently for the sole reason of aggreeing with him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You can understand if the long time members here find this to be suspicious, can you not?  I MEAN, WHAT ELSE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO THINK?

Why Sir, would I want to have an agenda ? You said " And, we're back where we started on this thread. d2_doh.gif This is the crap that was bugging people from the beginning. New "different" members signing up just to post in this thread with what certainly seems like an agenda. Mr. McCrary's 2 or 3 posts above are the first and only posts I've ever seen on this site with this type of syntax.--------------------------------------------------------------------------And then immediately following the last one there is, surprise, surprise, somebody signing up apparently for the sole reason of aggreeing with him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You can understand if the long time members here find this to be suspicious, can you not? I MEAN, WHAT ELSE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO THINK? " This is the feeling I had when surfing through this discussion. People like you, being offensive to new members. I don`t know Mr.McCrary, I have never watched any of his video`s and certainly will steer clear of this discussion from this very point. I can certainly agree with herbert1804 about being abused. Golfinfdad - what else are you supposed to think ? You could start by giving people a chance once in a while without acting like a rabid rottweiler SIR ! I will not raise your blood pressure any more.

Originally Posted by WillR

Why Sir, would I want to have an agenda ?

This is the feeling I had when surfing through this discussion. People like you, being offensive to new members. I don`t know Mr.McCrary, I have never watched any of his video`s and certainly will steer clear of this discussion from this very point. I can certainly agree with herbert1804 about being abused. Golfinfdad - what else are you supposed to think ? You could start by giving people a chance once in a while without acting like a rabid rottweiler SIR ! I will not raise your blood pressure any more.

Instead of copying and pasting my text into your text box, you can press the "quote" button at the bottom right corner and it will put it in the handy dandy box like this. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  It's a handy tool they have here.

My apologies if you felt offended or abused.  I wasn't going for that at all, I certainly didn't mean to act like a "rabid rottweiler", and you didn't raise my blood pressure either.  I just couldn't help but notice the similarities (quirky similarities too, you have to admit) in the style of your post and Mr. McCrary's posts.  That's all.

Welcome to the site!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by str8golfer

The next time you meet someone put your right hand in your pocket and when you are introduced reach out with your left hand and watch how fast the human brain changes what you've done all your life as it stops reaching with your right hand and instantly reaches with your left. That my golfing friend is how fast you can change your golf swing.

Try brushing your teeth with the wrong hand Dalton. Guess what - it's not going to go very well until you practice it. Even something as simple as brushing your teeth takes time to ingrain, so no, "that's not how fast you can change your golf swing." Not with any permanence.

Edit: Coincidentally, I chose the same example you later chose, so you basically contradicted yourself.

I feel you're being intentionally obtuse when you cite your glib examples of brain dead individuals. That's not what anyone with an IQ north of 40 means when they say "muscle memory" and I suspect you know this.

It's like having a good golf grip. As Harvey Penick said, if you have a bad grip you don't want a good swing. But golfers try to swing consistently with a grip that is not on the club so the club can be repeated. How do you develop a solid grip.

Now we're getting to some meat (well, not yet, but if you answer this question we will be):

Please describe in some level of detail what you mean by "a good grip" (and by "detail" I don't mean "a good grip is one that allows you to square the clubface properly and with good power" or any nonsense like that).

Hope that helped you. Appreciate the question. Have any more please post it on my face book, I invite all questions and videos of your swing. Please be my guest and post.

Your link was deleted. We do not allow unpaid advertising here (which is why many have objected to this goofy thread for quite some time now), and you've yet to offer any MEAT, just like Steve before you.

The word straight was not used in the golf industry anywhere prior to 1996.

Huh? Seriously? This is what you're going with? C'mon, Dalton.

URL: http://www.amazon.com/How-hit-golf-ball-straight/dp/B0006BSU78

Title: How to hit a golf ball straight

Publication Date: 1967

Found that one in six seconds.

Your Welcome, but all the post on me are because we sold 4M videos and they would not allow me to get in touch with anyone who bought my videos nor would they let anyone who bought the tapes to reach out and ask me a question.

No you haven't.

I just happen to be able to relate the golf swing so simple that it's very difficult to argue with how I say it. As long as you can't disagree with what I say the mind will accept it and the body will do it.

Then do so. Right here. Right now.

Do so or we'll have to seriously consider just locking this thread until Mr. Desmond has a chance to visit you with his friend, because it's all "selling" (or sizzle) and no "steak" (or beef) at this point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hi All,

My name is Richard Greening and I am the Managing Director of Straight Talking Golf, the posts on this forum where brought to my attention yesterday which was when Dalton made the decision to post here himself. We are currently a small team with a goal of bring Dalton's teaching to the digital age and have been working towards this goal for the last 9 Months. We launched the new version of "Straight Talking Golf" over The Masters weekend and are currently receiving very positive feedback.

I believe this Thread was created by a person asking a genuine question as back then Dalton was retired with no interest in returning to the spotlight, until April of this year Dalton was not involved with selling any Golfing products for over ten years. My best guess is there are a lot of people around the world who have found Dalton's teachings to be the easiest to understand and remember, therefore from time to time you Google his name to try and find out more. I think this because I was one of these people a year ago and as Dalton wasn't selling anything there was very little information about him on the Web and this was one of the sites that pops up top of Google when you do. I know for a fact there are a lot of people who feel like they owe Dalton something for helping/transforming their golf game as I have spoken to a lot of them in the last year while we were re-vamping/re-shooting the videos, I am also one of these people.

I have now seen all the posts on this page and have to agree with GolfingDad that the posts are now appearing seem to have an agenda. I have spoken to everyone in our team and they have assured me they are not posting under different accounts to try and provoke an argument. I have even had our I.T. guy track some of the ip addresses to make sure.

Guys, please use this forum in the way it is meant, for discussion!

If you have an opinion on Dalton's old videos or new one's please share your findings here or on our Facebook page, Website or anywhere you feel fit to. I appreciate as does Dalton that he has some very loyal followers, but guys please don't feel the need to post anything other than 'your journey' the only story we are all interested in is your 'honestly', you can even post your swing on our Facebook page and that's the best advertising you can do for us!

If there were things in the original videos you struggled with please post them as it will help us improve the product and this is all the Admin's here are asking for. As Dalton said earlier, when I first met with him, his main frustration the first time around was not being able to talk to the Golfers watching the videos and the thing that excited him the most doing it again was the ability now with the internet and social media to communicate directly and see Golfers improve.

Please focus on improving your Golf game and helping others to do the same, If you consider yourself to be a 'Straight Talking Golfer' then please conduct your manner in a way that's fitting. We need our members to be proud of what we all stand for.

Thank you to everyone for your interest and hope this Thread continues to grow in the right way and I look forward to seeing some of the posts.

Nice post Mr Greening. I can't speak for the management of this site - but I feel that it might be helpful if you could address this concern that was raised by an acknowledged fan of Dalton's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arte View Post

[...]

With all the talk about "provide meat" I was very tempted to post, but I believed that the information that I bought was for my personal use and it was not for me to pass on.

This seems to me to be the root cause of the distrust in this thread.

If you've explored this site in any way, you'll be aware of the amount of content that's been shared freely by the team here. If, as a businessman, you don't want to make the same level of disclosure then of course that's your prerogative - but I'd expect that to limit the extent to which you'll be allowed to use the platform here for "bringing Dalton's teaching to the digital age".

Dear Birlyshirly,

I completely understand what you are saying and it is also very clear from just looking at the footers that this site is used to promote other DVD products either by the owners or by paying advertisers, so I can understand how this could be viewed as an attack.

This Thread was created over two years ago and we only started looking at resurrecting this project at the end of last year and as Dalton was retired I can assure you there was no hidden agenda and even now we haven't got around to marketing anything yet.

This is a project that is very dear to my heart as it was Dalton's videos that actually got me to start thinking about the 'Golf Swing' and without them I would probably have no interest in Golf at all. Over the past 15 years I have gone from a 'hacker' to a plus figure golfer. Over the years I have tried a lot of different instruction including Stack and Tilt, The Golfing Machine and Even Leadbetter Interactive. I have learnt under Driving range Pro's all the way up to a guy Called George Ryall who has won on the European and Seniors tours.

I am happy to share 'My story' with anyone that is interested as I am in anyone who wants to share their story with me. If you are happy for that to take place on your site, if it has any benefit to you then great. If this kind of discussion will have any kind of negative impact, I completely understand why you would not want it on your site.

• Administrator
[SIZE=3]Dear Birlyshirly,[/SIZE] [SIZE=3] [/SIZE] [SIZE=3]I completely understand what you are saying and it is also very clear from just looking at the footers that this site is used to promote other DVD products either by the owners or by paying advertisers, so I can understand how this could be viewed as an attack.[/SIZE]

Nobody has said "attack" so far as I know so I don't appreciate posts being characterized as such. I'm Director of Instructor Development for PureStrike 5SK, the best-selling DVD on the market. Mike and I, the owners of the site, have shared a TON of information here, freely, and helped thousands (even those who don't read our swing posts get a free site). For that I put a link in my signature. I'm allowed. Purely promotional links are either frowned upon or outright disallowed, particularly when the offending party is unwilling to make any substantial contributions. I've still seen none of that here, and the thread is close to being locked for being promotional without any substance that helps or informs. [quote name="RichardGreening" url="/t/52189/anyone-watch-dalton-mccrarys-how-to-hit-the-golf-ball-as-straight-as-you-can-point/60#post_885759"][SIZE=3]This is a project that is very dear to my heart as it was Dalton's videos that actually got me to start thinking about the 'Golf Swing' and without them I would probably have no interest in Golf at all. Over the past 15 years I have gone from a 'hacker' to a plus figure golfer. Over the years I have tried a lot of different instruction including Stack and Tilt, The Golfing Machine and Even Leadbetter Interactive. I have learnt under Driving range Pro's all the way up to a guy Called George Ryall who has won on the European and Seniors tours.[/SIZE][/quote] That's nice. But it's not substance. It's promotional.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by RichardGreening

I completely understand what you are saying and it is also very clear from just looking at the footers that this site is used to promote other DVD products either by the owners or by paying advertisers, so I can understand how this could be viewed as an attack.

Hi Richard,

Maybe you're not accustomed to golf sites and how they work, but generally, owners and sponsors contribute money, time, and goods to a site and are allowed to promote their products. People who sell product but are not sponsors are typically not allowed to promote their products .

I've found this board to have the most generous policy in terms of allowing non-sponsors to post and discuss their product, as long as they are making a contribution, and not merely selling.

Other sites would have deleted this thread long ago. Kudos to Erik and Mike.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Dear Erik,

It isn't my place to post here as that would be promotional as I do have an agenda and when Dalton posted here I didn't have enough knowledge about the inner workings of your site.

All I ask is for any of our members to be respectful of your site as I would expect the same.

I appreciate more than most how hard it is to build anything in this industry!

If you are happy for people to continue to discuss these products here as an independent forum then great as we may both learn a thing or two if people start posting 'Meat'. But if you feel that is not possible then please close the Thread and that would probably be better for both parties.

• Administrator
If you are happy for people to continue to discuss these products here as an independent forum then great as we may both learn a thing or two if people start posting 'Meat'. But if you feel that is not possible then please close the Thread and that would probably be better for both parties.

Let's see the meat. Dalton posts. He's had direct questions asked of him. Let's get responses. Real meat. We've all had enough "Dalton saved my life!" stuff. In other words, I'm again asking for the same things we asked for 60 posts ago.

Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!