IGNORED

Plyometrics

CuppedTin
Note: This thread is 4644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by CuppedTin

Of course you are, it's a big word and chances are it's something you'd never do.

Google it and I think you can YouTube "golf plyometrics" for some basic movements...

I can pm you a ton of them.

Way to be a douche.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Way to be a douche.

Are you serious? Sorry man, but I'm not like most. I'm not going to sit back and read these bitch responses without replying back... You might, but not me...

They were confused trying to follow the course of the conversation. It goes from something about Plyometrics being good for golf, then a conversation on what that first post meant. This wasn't the most conherent thread put together. Which does stem from the first post.

Besides that, i would have to agree, just because someone didn't comprehend it doesn't make it right to ridicule them about it.

As for Ploymetrics, its alot to do with moving fast. Alot of jumping, and explosive movements. I don't really recommend them for beginners. I knew a guy who blew out his ACL doing a squat jump before. So make sure to do what you think you can handle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyometrics

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

They were confused trying to follow the course of the conversation. It goes from something about Plyometrics being good for golf, then a conversation on what that first post meant. This wasn't the most conherent thread put together. Which does stem from the first post.

Besides that, i would have to agree, just because someone didn't comprehend it doesn't make it right to ridicule them about it.

As for Ploymetrics, its alot to do with moving fast. Alot of jumping, and explosive movements. I don't really recommend them for beginners. I knew a guy who blew out his ACL doing a squat jump before. So make sure to do what you think you can handle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyometrics

Thanks for breaking it down, it just seems that all my threads get jumped on when I am only trying to help. Kinda like the post right after my thread aking if I was drunk or the one asking if I was on crack... But hey, I'm new to forums and I'm just learning that no matter what your size or background, everyone is a tough guy with something smart to say.

But again, my reason for starting the thread was genuine and I'm really surprised that so many people don't do plyometrics or even understand it for that matter.

Thanks for breaking it down, it just seems that all my threads get jumped on when I am only trying to help. Kinda like the post right after my thread aking if I was drunk or the one asking if I was on crack... But hey, I'm new to forums and I'm just learning that no matter what your size or background, everyone is a tough guy with something smart to say.

But again, my reason for starting the thread was genuine and I'm really surprised that so many people don't do plyometrics or even understand it for that matter.

It's strange threads like this that probably contribute to the fact no one understands it/wants to.

That's good you're trying to help, but at least make it helpful by showing examples, actual links, and maybe even explain it a little.

Your original post explains nothing, links to nothing, tells the user to google it, and that's about it - basically useless.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

It's strange threads like this that probably contribute to the fact no one understands it/wants to.

That's good you're trying to help, but at least make it helpful by showing examples, actual links, and maybe even explain it a little.

Your original post explains nothing, links to nothing, tells the user to google it, and that's about it - basically useless.

Understood, thanks...

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

I was confused because your OP read like you were on crack at the time.

I think the title of this thread started out "Hit it long, straight into the woods" then he proceeded to talk about some ramble about plyometrics.  Of course, it's title and post have changed multiple times since then.

Originally Posted by Dr_Fu_Manchu

I think the title of this thread started out "Hit it long, straight into the woods" then he proceeded to talk about some ramble about plyometrics.  Of course, it's title and post have changed multiple times since then.

Yeah, without the original title it's hard to understand why people thought this was a vodka, redbull, and MMA headshots inspired thread.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Hey guys, I never changed the title to this thread, I'm pretty sure that was Erik, as I'm not even sure I have the ability to do that. The original title was: Hit it Long or Hit it Long into the Woods: And then someone changed it to Yet Another Thread Started by CuppedTin: And then it went to Plllyyyy..oooommmmeeetttrrriiicccss: And now Plyometrics: Here was my thought process, I have been fighting MMA for the last (3) years and while doing my daily plyo (plyometrics) the other day, I thought it would be a great idea to share since I believe speed in the golf swing can be greatly increased doing plyo. So I guess where I went wrong was not explaining my title. I was basically saying with plyo and a good swing you could hit it long or with plyo and a bad swing you would still be long, just into the woods... My bad for the confusion...

i used plyo's for my basketball training when i was abit younger.. i can understand how it helps with your golf swing although im not sure whichs plyo's would?

it just makes your muscles twitch faster yeah? making you more explosive... boooom

Here you go guys:

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/05/21/beginners-guide-to-plyometrics/

You know, if you put that in your original post, it would've saved everyone trying to decipher what you're trying to say.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

You know, now its time to turn this around. Lay off the guy, we already have 10 posts about him messing up that first OP. How many times do you have to kick a guy before your happy.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

You know, now its time to turn this around. Lay off the guy, we already have 10 posts about him messing up that first OP. How many times do you have to kick a guy before your happy.

I think the OP wanted it that way, according to a couple of his posts.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So, does it matter or not, does it require making jabs all the time. There is something called the higher ground here.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

First rule about Plyometrics, is we do not talk about Plyometrics

Okay, that is just funny!!!

But seriously. Plyometrics are good.  They have been around a LONG time so it's nothing new.  If you played football or really any sports in high school, chances are you've done them.  I'm sure there are quite a few that could carry over to golf.  I mean any exercise is better than no exercise, right?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

P90X has a pretty good Plyometrics section for those interested. Actually if you do the whole P90X program for golf, you'll probably be in pretty damn good shape.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Originally Posted by Precis1on

P90X has a pretty good Plyometrics section for those interested. Actually if you do the whole P90X program for golf, you'll probably be in pretty damn good shape.

I've been doing P90 for the last 3 weeks and i have to say the plyo is NOTHING to take lightly...that portion of the program can seriously kick your A**...I highly recommend if you do the program to NOT follow the dietry program due to the incredible restrictions it puts on your diet. do everything in moderation, lay off fast food/soda and stick to limiting portions, with more of them through the day and you'll be on pace to be in GREAT shape at the end of it. It has already helped my golf game, i know this for a fact....especially when it comes to energy for the back nine. the plyo is intense...'it's the x...in P90X'

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 4644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!