IGNORED

Feherty Sayings

Clambake
Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

An Irishman sits down to talk with a Scotsman.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by deasy55

Wayne Riley is hilarious. The things he says off air are even better. He would chat away with the crowd between shots and say some hilarious things.

no doubt, my dad knows him personally very well, i know him of sorts but my dad and him are proper mates, we met on holiday a while back

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Feherty on Luke Donald's consistency: "He's a bloody walking ATM. I slid my AmEx between the cheeks of his ass and out popped $500."

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He is hilaroius!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I just love the most recent caddie episode. Idk why, but he just kept referencing how the caddies were taking the balls out of the players' sacks. I couldn't help but chuckle

Feherty is awesome.  He comes up with the most off the wall things to say, and while some of them are so inappropriate it's ok because it's Feherty... It's like he can get away with it just because it's him.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

He comes out with some pretty outlandish things, and yet McCord was the one who was banned from Augusta for something about saying the greens were as smooth as a fresh brazilan wax or something wasn't he?

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

I really enjoy Feherty's personality. He talks with the joyful irreverence of a man that has cheated death a few times.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I think the most amazing part about Feherty is how he thinks up all of those analogies. I'm sure some are things he's heard growing up, and some are things he's hears, but how exactly does one think to compare Furyk's swing to an octopus falling out of a tree?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

..... how exactly does one think to compare Furyk's swing to an octopus falling out of a tree?

Years of alcohol abuse probably created all sorts of bizarre images in his mind!

Originally Posted by DarkPrince

He comes out with some pretty outlandish things, and yet McCord was the one who was banned from Augusta for something about saying the greens were as smooth as a fresh brazilan wax or something wasn't he?

Yes...while I normally think McCord tries too hard to be funny, I thought that comment was humorous.  Per Sports Illustrated:

"He said the putting surfaces were so slick because 'they don't cut the greens here at Augusta , they use bikini wax.'"

Augusta may be a great course but their officials are a bunch of whiny brats IMO.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Yes...while I normally think McCord tries too hard to be funny, I thought that comment was humorous.  Per Sports Illustrated:

"He said the putting surfaces were so slick because 'they don't cut the greens here at Augusta , they use bikini wax.'"

Augusta may be a great course but their officials are a bunch of whiny brats IMO.

agreed. I'm young (only 21) and I think the PGA needs to chill out on a lot of things in regard to mannerisms. Obviously golf is a gentlemans game and should stay that way, but they were all up in a tizzy about Fowler having his hat backwards at that one press conference. It's like really? Cmon

Originally Posted by DarkPrince

That's because McCord is a clown, and Feherty is a wit. One acts when the other reacts. One is Curly Howard, and the other is Groucho Marx.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Curly Howard was way better than McCord!!  Feherty is just a natural wit.  On the show where he went to N. Ireland, his parent were on.  They had the wit as well, so it runs in the family.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

"Fortunately, Rory is 22 years old so his right wrist should be the strongest muscle in his body."

"That ball is so far left, Lassie couldn't find it if it was wrapped in bacon."

"I am sorry Nick Faldo couldn't be here this week. He is attending the birth of his next wife."

Jim Furyk's swing "looks like an octopus falling out of a tree."

Describing Vijay Singh's prodigious practice regime - "Vijay hits more balls than Elton John's chin."

"That's a great shot with that swing."

At Augusta 2011 - "It's just a glorious day. The only way to ruin a day like this would be to play golf on it."

"That was a great shot - if they'd have put the pin there today."

"Watching Phil Mickelson play golf is like watching a drunk chasing a balloon near the edge of a cliff."

"That green appears smaller than a Pygmie's nipple".

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

"Fortunately, Rory is 22 years old so his right wrist should be the strongest muscle in his body."

"That ball is so far left, Lassie couldn't find it if it was wrapped in bacon."

"I am sorry Nick Faldo couldn't be here this week. He is attending the birth of his next wife."

Jim Furyk's swing "looks like an octopus falling out of a tree."

Describing Vijay Singh's prodigious practice regime - "Vijay hits more balls than Elton John's chin."

"That's a great shot with that swing."

At Augusta 2011 - "It's just a glorious day. The only way to ruin a day like this would be to play golf on it."

"That was a great shot - if they'd have put the pin there today."

"Watching Phil Mickelson play golf is like watching a drunk chasing a balloon near the edge of a cliff."

"That green appears smaller than a Pygmie's nipple".

Thanks Erik, I needed a good laugh this morning.  A couple of those I'd seen before, but most were new.  I almost fell out of my chair at the Faldo comment.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Whenever I read his one liners, I can't help but hear is Irish Voice.  He is absolutely stellar!  I love him!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!