IGNORED

Typical Canadian Forum

camper6
Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No discussions and no comments. LOL

I am Canadian and guess what?  Have never eaten poutine and have had only one bottle of Moosehead.

Now how do you get Canadians out of a pool on a real hot summer day.

Just holler. O.K. everyone out of the pool now.

• Administrator

I'm not Canadian, but I can see Canada from my house, so can I participate?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm not Canadian, but I can see Canada from my house, so can I participate?

Only if you're real nice and don't post anything nasty or not at all! LOL

Really though.  All forums are open to participation and foreigners within sight are welcome.

• 4 months later...

Born in P.E.I. lived coast to coast and currently live in Quebec, terrible climate for golf :-( It's minus 20 today and it cost 35$ an hour at the indoor dome. GRUMBLE GRUMBLE but...we have awesome beer!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

winter has been so open here in Digby that a few diehards have golfed almost every day. The odd snowfall doesn't stop them; that's why coloured balls were invented. (Note the Canadian spelling, eh?) Courses began opening in early March last year, and while i hope that happens again in a little over a month, can't count on Nature being so nurturing for golf ambitions.

Moosehead is available here, of course, but I prefer Keith's.

So I am guessing that Digby is in Nova Scotia.

Isn't global warming wonderful.

Why they want to stop it is beyond me.

Snow and cold weather in Rome and Europe.

Maybe the climate has just reversed.

I am in Northern Ontario and the earliest the golf courses have opened the greens is in April.

I hate temporary greens and will golf late into the season instead.  It might be cold but at least the greens are in good shape.

I'm getting old and don't mind stopping come December. Still, it was seven degrees here yesterday, sunny and with light winds, and as i walked the back nine, i saw a threesome heading up the third hole. There were patches of snow on the fairways, but lots of grass and i felt i should have carried an iron and a couple of balls. Oh, well, there's snow in tonight's forecast...and i can wait a little while yet for the season to open.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just joined this sight so I can see, learn and share more about golf. I live in FortMcMurray Alberta and just bought some new equipment. Can't wait for the courses to open! Can't happen soon enough!

Supposed to be 14 degrees on Sunday here in Toronto. Amazing for middle of March!! Hopefully it sticks and we get an early start this year!!! Weird weather - we basically didn't have a winter this year.........loved it!!!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Ya, pretty similar for me here. Not looking quite as warm as 14 in the near forecast. But our highs for the next two weeks are supposed to be hanging around 7 or 8 degrees..  And to add to the excitement I just got my new Ogio Mammoth travel bag today! Gotta love new equipment!

I don't know about that; I got 9 rounds in during February. Live on the East Coast of Vancouver Island. My home course has great drainage and we play year round no problem

Originally Posted by camper6

I suppose the best weather for golf in Canada would be around Windsor.

The coast is too wet in the winter.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Originally Posted by Rednax1530

Ya, pretty similar for me here. Not looking quite as warm as 14 in the near forecast. But our highs for the next two weeks are supposed to be hanging around 7 or 8 degrees..  And to add to the excitement I just got my new Ogio Mammoth travel bag today! Gotta love new equipment!

hey Rednax, what's the golf like in Fort McMurray? Lived in Calgary for 5 years and got up to FM a couple times on business at that time. Not that I was looking for a golf course, but curious as to what the courses and golf are like.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

hey Rednax, what's the golf like in Fort McMurray? Lived in Calgary for 5 years and got up to FM a couple times on business at that time. Not that I was looking for a golf course, but curious as to what the courses and golf are like.

Golf is actually pretty good up here.  We have 3 courses up here and one more on the way.

Quarry Ridge - A par 3 course. Not bad, but has not been established so the grounds are pretty hard.  It can be fun for a quick and cheap round of course.

Miskinaw Golf Club - Has been a great golf club. Relatively established with a great greenskeeper. It has been undergoing some renovations lately so it has had a couple detours and temporary greens. The renovations they have made have been great though. They have some beautiful new holes along the river and some great scenic areas.

Fort McMurray Golf Club - Is the more difficult course in Fort McMurray and the most established. It has some amazing views along another area of the river and some gentle elevation changes.  It is also home to the Boreal Open. This is definitely the favoured course in Fort McMurray although tee times fill up really quick.

We have a new golf club that is being built, I believe it will be called Rotary Golf Club. I don't think it will be open for a couple more years. If your ever heading up let me know. I imagine Toronto has quite a few nice courses.

Mitch

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Note: This thread is 3554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!