IGNORED

Black Friday

Note: This thread is 3802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have just been reading up on the black friday sales i will be in orlando on vacation at the time and was curious do the golf shops have sales on at the same time would it be worth my time to check out stores like edwin watts and golf galaxy.

or should i check out walmart.

Personally, I would stay away from Wal-Mart on Black Friday (it will be a zoo) and what little golf equipment they have probably won't be on sale. As for deals on Black Friday, I know Golf Galaxy had a few last year.

I have better luck hitting up the local golf shows like: http://minnesotagolfshow.com where the discounts were pretty good (check for your local area).

As for other deals, I would check with our sponsors, http://shotly.com and http://naileditgolf.com who have some great deals going right now.

Alan

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't care if they're giving away Miura iron sets for free, I wouldn't go near a WalMart on Black Friday. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html

Originally Posted by BigAl5150

Personally, I would stay away from Wal-Mart on Black Friday (it will be a zoo) and what little golf equipment they have probably won't be on sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I went to my local shop and scored 2 free boxes of Callaway Tour iZ balls for buying a $100 gift card.  They also had BOGO on all boxes of balls (I think excluding ProV1s...).  I went back in the afternoon and used the gift card with the 25% off one item door prize from the morning and bought a new wedge.  I'll for sure be back this year.

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5° | Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15° | Irons: Mizuno MP-57 3-PW | Wedges: Cleveland CG11 52° 56° 60° | Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing Big Al said. Best bet is online. Golf Galaxy had stuff I didn't need. If Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts were smart, they would put REAL DISCOUNTS on golf clothing, golf carts, high quality golf bags, and golf shoes, you know stuff people want and need. Sports Authority, Academy, Dicks, and even your Pro Shop at your local golf course do a better job of putting that stuff on sale than the golf specialty chains.

Originally Posted by SAGolfLuvr

Same thing Big Al said. Best bet is online. Golf Galaxy had stuff I didn't need. If Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts were smart, they would put REAL DISCOUNTS on golf clothing, golf carts, high quality golf bags, and golf shoes, you know stuff people want and need. Sports Authority, Academy, Dicks, and even your Pro Shop at your local golf course do a better job of putting that stuff on sale than the golf specialty chains.

No different than big box stores against local mom and pops.  The bigger chains just have the financial ability to create loss leaders in order to generate sales elsewhere.  The other is promotional/advertising budgets, but I have to think chains like Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts would be able to manage this.  I have yet to see a worthwhile sale at any of the golf specialty stores but Dick's is always having a great deal of some sort (such as buy a Nike VR Pro driver and get a free VR Pro hybrid).

I avoid Black Friday like a plague but when I do happen to look for sales the sad reality is I do not even bother looking at the small stores.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

• 1 year later...
I just scored 6 dozen personalized yellow srixon q-stars for 17.83/dozen from some small retailer/internet shop with a free 2pk of wilson balls and free shipping - the deals are out there if you hunt.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Picked up a 910F 15deg ProjX 8C4 at my local driving range's Black Friday sale...$135 out the door.  25% of sticker, plus I had $60 worth of "membership points".  I've been looking at the club for the past few months...lucky it was still there.

I went to Golf Town but the only real sales were on golf balls. I didn't need any golf balls so I left empty-handed.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 year later...
Note: This thread is 3802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!