IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Definitely not as good today. A few bad holes kept me out of the 70s. As hot and tired as I was, I'll take an 83.

I'll trade your bad day for my usual day. :beer:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a good weekend of golf even though I lost in the quarter final of the club championship. Keep in mind that I was in the 80-89 bracket. Lost to last years club champion but still put up a 79 to his 75. Shot 83 today at a new course (for me), Indian Ridge over in Oxford.

Had a good weekend of golf even though I lost in the quarter final of the club championship. Keep in mind that I was in the 80-89 bracket. Lost to last years club champion but still put up a 79 to his 75. Shot 83 today at a new course (for me), Indian Ridge over in Oxford.

That's good to hear. Since you put up a good number it makes it hard to be too disappointed right? I just keep shooting the same scores all the time, I'm steady but in a bad way rofl. 3 3 putts in a row and 3 holes with lost balls just keep my scores in upper 80's to mid 90's. At some point hopefully I'll eliminate at least one of those from happening in my rounds.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Nice. I caught the bug playing the club championship this year. I totally laid an egg, but loved the format. My goal for next year is to play more competitive tournaments.

- Shane

I wish there were more tournaments to play up here, but all we have is the city tournament. I think to play in anything down your way I would have to live in county in list specific to your area.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I wish there were more tournaments to play up here, but all we have is the city tournament. I think to play in anything down your way I would have to live in county in list specific to your area.

I'm hoping to make the small gathering we had bigger and turn it into a series of competitive events.

- Shane

I'm hoping to make the small gathering we had bigger and turn it into a series of competitive events.

That would be cool. Have it be across multiple courses and stuff?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I'm planning another outing in the next few weeks. I'm thinking Sugar Isle. Anyone interested?

Yup, I need to get some more rounds in between now and the TST outing so I can try to get a bit more consistent.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I'm planning another outing in the next few weeks. I'm thinking Sugar Isle. Anyone interested?

I am in for Sugar Isle, probably with a plus one. My parents live about 5 minutes from the course so my dad would come out too. Saturday afternoons or Sunday's are best but I can try to manipulate my schedule.

Had probably my best round of the year going last night and once again it got ruined because a group of 5 or 6 guys were all playing together which slowed everything to a crawl after the 13th hole last night. There were 3 carts and they all seemed to drive to each person's shot and it took them forever to all tee off. I wasn't even playing very fast as I had been waiting a little on the front nine because there had been a league ahead of me. I let a single join me on the 5th hole and that helped my pacing a bit through the front, however he left after the first 9. I played the front in +6 with a few struggles putting at first, 3 putt on 3, because I am trying a new way of gripping the putter. It started paying off after a couple holes though and ended up having 4 1 putts to balance it out. Started the back 2 over before I had to start waiting. Somehow I need to find a way to counteract the massive impact that sudden waiting has on me. Either that or I'll just have to quit whenever I run into these situations because they always end up causing me blow up holes.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Had probably my best round of the year going last night and once again it got ruined because a group of 5 or 6 guys were all playing together which slowed everything to a crawl after the 13th hole last night. There were 3 carts and they all seemed to drive to each person's shot and it took them forever to all tee off. I wasn't even playing very fast as I had been waiting a little on the front nine because there had been a league ahead of me. I let a single join me on the 5th hole and that helped my pacing a bit through the front, however he left after the first 9. I played the front in +6 with a few struggles putting at first, 3 putt on 3, because I am trying a new way of gripping the putter. It started paying off after a couple holes though and ended up having 4 1 putts to balance it out. Started the back 2 over before I had to start waiting. Somehow I need to find a way to counteract the massive impact that sudden waiting has on me. Either that or I'll just have to quit whenever I run into these situations because they always end up causing me blow up holes.

Gotta find a way to work past the frustration. Though it shouldn't be, long waits are a part of the game. Find something to do at the tee box to keep you preoccupied.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Gotta find a way to work past the frustration. Though it shouldn't be, long waits are a part of the game. Find something to do at the tee box to keep you preoccupied.

It's always when there's a drastic change in pace that throws me off, I'm sure it's more mental than anything. I'll keep trying to find a way to adapt, I will have to if I ever hope to play tournaments.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

It's always when there's a drastic change in pace that throws me off, I'm sure it's more mental than anything. I'll keep trying to find a way to adapt, I will have to if I ever hope to play tournaments.

It's definitely mental. You're not going to get physically cold in 5 minutes.

Practice chipping or putting on the teebox or something...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

It's definitely mental. You're not going to get physically cold in 5 minutes.

Practice chipping or putting on the teebox or something...

For casual play that is OK, but I believe that is illegal in tournament play. So I don't know if that is a viable way to really train yourself to adjust to the pace of play.

I've just gotten use to it really. Unless I am upset with my game then I can get a bit aggravated with slow play. I think it's tough on a single player because they can't socialize. It's not as bad with a group of four or three because you can just shoot the breeze a bit.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!