IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Definitely dried out up here. If you'd like to try out the course that we were going to play the other time I can try setting a tee time.

Yeah. That should work fine. Remember to give me a few extra hours for the drive time, so anytime after 10:30 should do just fine. PM me the details.

Ok, it'll probably be early afternoon because the tee times book up pretty fast for the earlier times. Anyone else up for the trip?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, it'll probably be early afternoon because the tee times book up pretty fast for the earlier times. Anyone else up for the trip?

@mcanadiens It's actually not looking good for tomorrow afternoon. Right around the time we'd be teeing off is 60% chance of rain. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it changes for the better.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So, the 1200 I've spent on my clubs between last year and this year has just disappeared on me. Last night I went out and saw my trunk was open and the clubs were gone.... My own fault, I've seen my car was gone through several times this year but they've never popped the trunk. It's what I get for being lazy and not bringing them in when I get home. It was just more convenient to have them with me in case I just wanted to go after work or something.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So, the 1200 I've spent on my clubs between last year and this year has just disappeared on me. Last night I went out and saw my trunk was open and the clubs were gone.... My own fault, I've seen my car was gone through several times this year but they've never popped the trunk. It's what I get for being lazy and not bringing them in when I get home. It was just more convenient to have them with me in case I just wanted to go after work or something.

No freakin way! =[

- Shane

Back when I was a little boy I'd tell my dad when we parked the car, "Better lock up. We're in bad part of town". This originally had to do with going to church in downtown Dayton and was a bit of an inside joke. Then I started breaking it out anytime we were away from home. Now a days, you can't think you are safe at home either. Junkies broke into my sister's car outside of the home in Beavercreek. Fortunately, nothing to steal there but some CDs and a UD parking pass. Maybe its the drug issues, but even the suburbs aren't really 100% safe any more.

Quote:

Back when I was a little boy I'd tell my dad when we parked the car, "Better lock up. We're in bad part of town". This originally had to do with going to church in downtown Dayton and was a bit of an inside joke. Then I started breaking it out anytime we were away from home. Now a days, you can't think you are safe at home either. Junkies broke into my sister's car outside of the home in Beavercreek. Fortunately, nothing to steal there but some CDs and a UD parking pass.

Maybe its the drug issues, but even the suburbs aren't really 100% safe any more.

I used to be big on locking the car, until I had my car window broken a couple times and had to replace it on top of what was stolen. Then I figured if they are just going to break the window to get in I'd rather not pay for a window as well as to replace my stuff. I'll just have to make sure not to leave my clubs in my car anymore. I stopped leaving anything inside my car awhile ago because it's be gone through so many times, I just was lazy and hoped they wouldn't pop the trunk.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Irons are on order, along with 2 more wedges. Already have the bag, hybrid, one wedge, and a putter. I was told that there shouldn't be a problem getting the clubs in time for the the TST outing next weekend. I'm not going to be able to get another driver or fairway wood probably this year, but I feel very thankful I've received enough help to get a majority of what was lost replaced. I just pulled out the retired Nike driver to make it until it's possible to get something else.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Irons are on order, along with 2 more wedges. Already have the bag, hybrid, one wedge, and a putter. I was told that there shouldn't be a problem getting the clubs in time for the the TST outing next weekend. I'm not going to be able to get another driver or fairway wood probably this year, but I feel very thankful I've received enough help to get a majority of what was lost replaced. I just pulled out the retired Nike driver to make it until it's possible to get something else.

It sucks that you got your stuff stolen, but it's good to hear that you were able to pick up so quickly.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Good to hear you'll have a full bag. Hopefully you get a chance to break em in a bit before Nowalk as well.

Using them before Norwalk is probably a slim possibility. It typically takes 7-10 days for Ping club deliveries from what I've gathered, I'm lucky to be getting them by next Friday. That being said, if they come in early I'll definitely be out on the course with them straight away. As for a full bag, well, I'll have 13 clubs which is the same as I had for a long time so I shouldn't really be bothered by the missing fairway wood.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

It sucks that you got your stuff stolen, but it's good to hear that you were able to pick up so quickly.

Sorry I missed this post earlier. In all honesty, I probably should have just not bought new clubs right now. If I could have waited, I would have been able to get some better deals probably. That being said, I really didn't have any fall back clubs to use. I am sure I could have borrowed some from someone, had offers, but I'm always very leery of borrowing things for fear of them being lost or broken while in my possession. If nothing else this will teach me to always keep at least one set of clubs as an emergency set in times like this.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Sorry I missed this post earlier. In all honesty, I probably should have just not bought new clubs right now. If I could have waited, I would have been able to get some better deals probably. That being said, I really didn't have any fall back clubs to use. I am sure I could have borrowed some from someone, had offers, but I'm always very leery of borrowing things for fear of them being lost or broken while in my possession. If nothing else this will teach me to always keep at least one set of clubs as an emergency set in times like this.

Could have used mine. I'm sidelined with vertigo. I had to cancel the outing I was supposed to play tomorrow. =[

- Shane

Could have used mine. I'm sidelined with vertigo. I had to cancel the outing I was supposed to play tomorrow. =[

That sucks, what brought it on?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

That sucks, what brought it on?

I have Ménière's disease. It's permanent, but flares up every now and then. Wife almost sent me to the hospital when she asked if I was playing last weekend and I didn't feel up to it. She thought I must be dying.

- Shane

I have Ménière's disease. It's permanent, but flares up every now and then. Wife almost sent me to the hospital when she asked if I was playing last weekend and I didn't feel up to it. She thought I must be dying.

Hope you feel better soon. We're running out of year.

Hope you feel better soon. We're running out of year.

I concur, hate to hear that anyone I know isn't well. That and I'm looking forward to coming down and letting you try out the Ping I irons I'm getting.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!