IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well it was a rough rough day of golf, pushed and got 45 holes done in about 5 hours. Somewhere in the middle things were going really well, except for putting... I couldn't get the speed down for the life of me today. Ran the game golf app on the 2nd 18 just to see how it worked out. It's a bit of an annoyance to have to get the phone out for every shot and it wasn't always very quick to update to my current position. I'll try to use it a couple more times to see if it gets easier to make it a habit.

Where did you play?

I piled up a big fat 1-oh-1 on the Hills Course at Community. @saevel25 wasn't kidding about the speed of the greens. I thought Dales, which I play more often, was faster that usual. Hills made a mess of my putting today.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where did you play?

I piled up a big fat 1-oh-1 on the Hills Course at Community. @saevel25 wasn't kidding about the speed of the greens. I thought Dales, which I play more often, was faster that usual. Hills made a mess of my putting today.

Hidden Creek up near me. I had a 106 on the second round and averaged 2.5 putts. I probably had 10 more puts than I should have had at least, then add on a few OB/lost ball penalties I got... Well, let's just say I can tell I haven't had many rounds in this year.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Hidden Creek up near me. I had a 106 on the second round and averaged 2.5 putts. I probably had 10 more puts than I should have had at least, then add on a few OB/lost ball penalties I got... Well, let's just say I can tell I haven't had many rounds in this year.

Good you have an excuse anyway. Let's just say that 40% of all my strokes today were putts.

I still say we should find a time to play a round up there. Is Hidden Creek a decent course?

Good you have an excuse anyway. Let's just say that 40% of all my strokes today were putts.

I still say we should find a time to play a round up there. Is Hidden Creek a decent course?

It's a nice course, one of the 2 really decent ones up here. The other is Hawthorne Hills.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Pipestone ate my lunch the previous trips out there. Even so, I wish I could.  As far as tips go, you probably ought to give me tips. When I finally get enough rounds posted for my handicap, I'm anticipating a number north of 20.

Do you work around Dayton? Your profile says Troy, so I was just curious as to why so much Community? I grew up in Tipp and the area was chalked full of courses closer than Community. I loved Cassel Hills, went to Miami Shores when I wanted to feel good and score well, Cliffside (home course for my HS team so I still have a soft spot for the goat track), Homestead was always nice, and Sugar Isle. You ever run any of those tracks?

Do you work around Dayton? Your profile says Troy, so I was just curious as to why so much Community? I grew up in Tipp and the area was chalked full of courses closer than Community. I loved Cassel Hills, went to Miami Shores when I wanted to feel good and score well, Cliffside (home course for my HS team so I still have a soft spot for the goat track), Homestead was always nice, and Sugar Isle. You ever run any of those tracks?

I work in Beavercreek and my mom lives in Beavercreek. Kittyhawk is actually my home course, but I like Community better. The big Xmas/birthday gift from the family is a rates card for Dayton, so I play most of my golf on their courses.

I have played all those courses at least a couple of times. Miami Shores is the most frequent. Along with the obvious advantage, it's also short, wide open and has very little trouble for a hack like me to get into.

I work in Beavercreek and my mom lives in Beavercreek. Kittyhawk is actually my home course, but I like Community better. The big Xmas/birthday gift from the family is a rates card for Dayton, so I play most of my golf on their courses. I have played all those courses at least a couple of times. Miami Shores is the most frequent. Along with the obvious advantage, it's also short, wide open and has very little trouble for a hack like me to get into.

That makes sense. I have relocated to Monroe, about 25 minutes south of Community. We should tee it up one day.

I think we're hitting Miami Shores this afternoon.

Edit: I would prefer something further south.

No such luck for me, it's family cookout day starting at 4.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I think we're hitting Miami Shores this afternoon.

Edit: I would prefer something further south.

Shoot. Wish I knew that earlier than this. Would have planned for it. I suppose it's probably too late now, but when do you tee off?

Shoot. Wish I knew that earlier than this. Would have planned for it. I suppose it's probably too late now, but when do you tee off?

Already playing. I believe this will be my last time here

- Shane

Already playing. I believe this will be my last time here

Ouch, that bad?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Anyone free to play tomorrow?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ouch, that bad?

The greens are awful. Rock hard and half dead. [quote name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/53045/dayton-oh/600#post_1145853"]Anyone free to play tomorrow?  [/quote] If so, it will be a last minute call and early in the morning.

- Shane

The greens are awful. Rock hard and half dead.

If so, it will be a last minute call and early in the morning.

Ah, ok, tried to get my dad to go tomorrow but he is going to be busy. I suppose I could go by myself again. Want to try to use the game golf app again.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I was thinking about going to Beavercreek today about noon. The weather does not look promising for golf today. Weather.com looks like it clears up about 3p-4p. So nine holes later sounds possible.

The radar does not look nice at all for the next few hours. Most weather websites have the least chance of rain after 3 pm.

I'll try for 9 holes this afternoon if the weather clears up

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I was thinking about going to Beavercreek today about noon. The weather does not look promising for golf today. Weather.com looks like it clears up about 3p-4p. So nine holes later sounds possible.

The radar does not look nice at all for the next few hours. Most weather websites have the least chance of rain after 3 pm.

I'll try for 9 holes this afternoon if the weather clears up

If you do decide to go out, let me know. I'd like to try that course out. It is about 1 1/2 hour drive though so I'd need a decent lead time if possible.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!