IGNORED

Official Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Note: This thread is 3560 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

I've always hated the way world cups are conducted. Often you don't see the best teams play each other till the very end as they have pools etc. But my money is well and truly on NZ.

We play France next

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Springbok/Wallabies game was just weird.

All stats in favour of the boks - but Wallabies win. Couple of forward passes that if didn't happen could of changed the game entirely.

ABS vs Wallabies and Wales vs France

I'm picking Wales to beat France - they're in form.

Wallabies and ABS will be a good game - can't for certain pick a winner, but gotta back the ABs

my mate sent these stats through regarding a comparison from the last world cup and this one:

AB's V France 2007: France wins 20-18

57 tackles to 269

66% possession to AB's

60% Territory to AB's

2 penalties to 10 in favour of France

Aus V SA 2011: Australia wins 11-9

69 tackles to 251

56% possession to SA

76% territory to SA

2 penalties to 4 in favour of SA

Not surprisingly I have little sympathy for our friends from SA who benefited massively from poor officiating last RWC.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Bananarama

my mate sent these stats through regarding a comparison from the last world cup and this one:

AB's V France 2007: France wins 20-18

57 tackles to 269

66% possession to AB's

60% Territory to AB's

2 penalties to 10 in favour of France

Aus V SA 2011: Australia wins 11-9

69 tackles to 251

56% possession to SA

76% territory to SA

2 penalties to 4 in favour of SA

Not surprisingly I have little sympathy for our friends from SA who benefited massively from poor officiating last RWC.

The tackling stats are unreal

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Yeah we pulled that win out of our arse. I'm thinking whoever wins the match out of Aus and NZ wins the trophy. If Wales or France wins, then this world cup is a farce.

How can it be a farce if Wales win the world cup?? By statistics, after the All Blacks we have been the best side out there. Don't take my word for it, the 2011 World Cup stats say so.

Plus in terms of winning margins, of the top 4 Wales have 2 of the biggest winning margins. One of those included conceding no points, thats right 66-0. We have played some of the best clinical rugby at this world cup and have defended brilliantly.

Your just gonna be a typical southern hemisphere support who expects either SA,NZ or AU to win the world cup every time. At least there are real rugby supporters out there who appreciate seeing good rugby.

Lets be fair, NZ will knock you out. If not, Wales will in the final. Think we beat Ireland convincing enough and you couldnt get close to the paddy's.

Thank **** for that.

That was a stressful game to watch, glad they got it done in the end.

We couldn't kick the ball at all and the French were tough.

Wish I was back home for all of it...ah well

i wish the game had more tries though.. i had a friend over (the replay in the US was on at noon), who had never seen a rugby game.  he had a great time, but more tries would've made it more exciting.

Note: This thread is 3560 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!