IGNORED

Golf fashion ?'s

Juzmi
Note: This thread is 4316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shorty

That has to go in the top 10 all time stupid posts.

And in my experiece, nobody watches other players hit if they don't know them. You might watch them in the way you watch oncoming traffic. You don't "see" them.

As soon as they're past you they're gone forever. Just like a stranger teeing off.

What sort of an f-wit criticises someone for dressing nicely on a golf course.

BTW -  Here's an example of some of the AWESOME Travis  Mathew stuff. Absolutely incredible. Unbelievably "out there". Cool AND AWESOME!!!!!!

You'd better be able to play if you wear their gear.

Whatever Shorty.  Drssing nicely is one thing.  Dressing head to toe in the latest and greatest then shotting a 100 is different.  You are crazy if you don't think people notice players on a course that can play or look like they can play.  And top 10 dumbest post.  That is just crazy.  Sorry my opinion isn't yours.  F U buddy.

Brian

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

One pet peeve I have is golfers who dress like they can play....but can't.  Then you are just a poser.  But whatever you want to wear is fine by me.  I just think walking up to the first tee dressed like a pro you should at least hit it solid.  People are going to watch you, and do you want that as you duff your opening ball?

And flat brim hats can only be worn under the age of 25.  You are just too old to be cool after that.

Wait, are you ****ing serious? Thats one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. You have to be a good golfer to dress in nice golf clothes. LOL.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Whatever Shorty.  Drssing nicely is one thing.  Dressing head to toe in the latest and greatest then shotting a 100 is different.  You are crazy if you don't think people notice players on a course that can play or look like they can play.  And top 10 dumbest post.  That is just crazy.  Sorry my opinion isn't yours.  F U buddy.

It isnt that your opinion isnt his, its that your opinion is wrong and ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I for one was (still am) being raised to ALWAYS look nice. My mom got that from her mom who was all Italian and had old fashioned morals. I'll wear a white belt, khaki shorts and a golf polo. But sometimes, mainly when it's colder, I like a white, some sort of sweatervest, long pants, one of those no brim classic hats. I think I play better, when I look better.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

In the short time I've been on here, I've noticed shorty likes to belittle people to make himself feel good so I wouldn't worry about it.  Plus anyone that uses caps and multiple exclamation marks shouldn't be able to get under your skin.

OMG THESE ARE SUCH CUTE CLOTHES BOYS WE'RE ALL GONNA LOOK SO TRENDY ON THE GOLF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID I MENTION THEY'RE COOL AND AWESOME AND FANTASTIC AND SWEET AND RAD? BUT DON'T WEAR THEM UNLESS YOU SHOT 73 TODAY LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEHEHE

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Quote:

It isnt that your opinion isnt his, its that your opinion is wrong and ridiculous.

I know New Brunswick is bilingual, but how about some apostophes, eh?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So I came in at 89 today at Teh Ranch CC in CO. I was wearing Snake Eyes shorts and a Fila shirt. Kinda matched, kinda didn't. If you watched me on #1 you saw me get it out there. Did I go low enough to sport golf duds or not? My round was a bit sloppy. A freakin' triple on 10 and a quad on 16 after hitting 2 trees. Missed a few gimmes to spoil the round. Just want to know if I earned enough points with the judges to wear a visor next time out.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Dave2512

So I came in at 89 today at Teh Ranch CC in CO. I was wearing Snake Eyes shorts and a Fila shirt. Kinda matched, kinda didn't. If you watched me on #1 you saw me get it out there. Did I go low enough to sport golf duds or not? My round was a bit sloppy. A freakin' triple on 10 and a quad on 16 after hitting 2 trees. Missed a few gimmes to spoil the round. Just want to know if I earned enough points with the judges to wear a visor next time out.

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing about myself this morning.  I even almost took a picture of my outfit today ... White Titleist hat, Purple Nike golf shirt, Ping light grey shorts, Snake Eyes grey belt, White Ecco street shoes.

What is the over/under for being allowed to wear an outfit like that?  (I shot an 85 ... I hope that's OK, cuz I like the clothes, I don't wanna have to throw them out)

Ok, on the one hand, there are threads on this board chastising those who don't dress in "approved" golfing clothes.  Then on the other, we have this comment.

So I guess the message is, "You have to wear clothes made of polyester and spandex to play golf but you can't wear the latest versions of those clothes until you can post a score of par or better.   Anything higher and you are banned from the course!"

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Whatever Shorty.  Drssing nicely is one thing.  Dressing head to toe in the latest and greatest then shotting a 100 is different.  You are crazy if you don't think people notice players on a course that can play or look like they can play....

Really, who (besides you) cares what another player is wearing?   If someone wants to go spend a small fortune on the "latest and greatest" and can afford to do so, that is their business and their business alone.

Since the average score of the average golfer is somewhere right around 100, I am sure the companies making this stuff are glad your opinion is not the same as the majority of their customers.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing about myself this morning.  I even almost took a picture of my outfit today ... White Titleist hat, Purple Nike golf shirt, Ping light grey shorts, Snake Eyes grey belt, White Ecco street shoes.

What is the over/under for being allowed to wear an outfit like that?  (I shot an 85 ... I hope that's OK, cuz I like the clothes, I don't wanna have to throw them out)

You would have been ok if not for the purple shirt...    Gotta be under 80 to wear that.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by teamroper60

Really, who (besides you) cares what another player is wearing?   If someone wants to go spend a small fortune on the "latest and greatest" and can afford to do so, that is their business and their business alone.

Since the average score of the average golfer is somewhere right around 100, I am sure the companies making this stuff are glad your opinion is not the same as the majority of their customers.

Well I personally agree with Lefty, I'm a pretty good player and you're still not gonna see me out there dressed like a tool.

And you guys need to get it through your head that depending on where people are from, there are going to be differences in dress code.  At my course, not one person will be wearing a white belt.  This thread was meant for posting your own opinion, who (besides you) cares what someone else's opinion is?

Originally Posted by teamroper60

You would have been ok if not for the purple shirt...    Gotta be under 80 to wear that.

Ha!  Next time I'll go a little more conservative with the shirt unless I know I'm stripin' it.

MI get my slacks and shorts at Academy for $15 (Arizona brand).  They're well made and have rubber lining on the inside waist to keep shirts tucked in.  Shirts, I wear a few FJ pique striped polos from different clubs but for the most part Snake Eyes polos in primary colors, which I get 3 for $20.

Shoes are the one piece of apparel that is worth spending $ on in my opinion as they affect your game much more than clothes.

I feel very comfortable in my clothes despite the bargain prices because they fit well, and well let's not beat around the bush, I could wear anything and make it look good. ;)

That all being said, as long as clothes fit well and are clean, then any pair of slacks and collar shirt will suffice.  I might make a comment about someone's neon yellow shirt but I won't lose any respect for them just because they prefer a certain color.

Frankly, as long as you're not wearing baggy cargo shorts, jeans or tee-shirts or other sloppy looking attire....you can be as bright and cheery as you wanna be.

People who strut around like they have game when they clearly have none are irritatingly funny regardless what they're wearing.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I shoot under 100, but I am no scratch player. I guess I should wear gym shorts and a cut off sleeve t shirt until I am good enough to wear my current golf clothing.

Did Shorty have his tongue firmly in cheek when he threw out that unbaited hook or not? Got a lot of bites anyhow. Wearing the latest and greatest is not a prerequisite but dressing for the occasion is.

Note: This thread is 4316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!