IGNORED

Politics - Mark my words NO MORE GIMMIES!!!!!

Lag Rag
Note: This thread is 4580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always thought you have to plan out your round like a conservative, yet swing carefree and loose like a liberal.  I hate to get political on a golf chat, but who do you think takes more self-taken gimmies - Democrats or Republicans.   Why??

I guess you missed the point that this is for talking Golf.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

I get it...

Definitely Democrats! Conservatives most closely represent Costanza from Seinfeld on the golf course....IME. The reason should be fairly obvious if you have any political knowledge whatsoever.

The War Sticks:

Driver: Adams Speedline F11 9.5* w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff flex shaft

3Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15*

Hybrid: Ping G10 22* 

Irons:Mizuno MP32's 3-PW (bought used for $189)

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 52*, 56*

Putter: An old Ram Laser...lol...but it works

Ball: Srixon Q-star

I get it...

Definitely Democrats! Conservatives most closely represent Costanza from Seinfeld on the golf course....IME. The reason should be fairly obvious if you have any political knowledge whatsoever.

I tend to avoid talking politics. It never ends well on the internet. :p

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Based on the [i]stereotypes[/i] I'm familiar with, I'd say liberals/Democrats. Conservatives would be the most likely to say "it's in or it's not, there's no 'close enough'" or "if you want it to go in, hit the putt right next time". Liberals would seem more likely to reward the effort, "that was a heck of a putt, shame it missed by a half inch, why don't you pick up anyway?" or "that bizarre bump in the green seems unfair". /waits for flamage...

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Ultra conservatives actually refuse to acknowledge that the putt went in the hole. "That hole is not the right size, it should have missed. 1 stroke penalty." ;)

Originally Posted by Stewie007

Ultra conservatives actually refuse to acknowledge that the putt went in the hole.

"That hole is not the right size, it should have missed. 1 stroke penalty." ;)

The problem with this thread is the fact that I could say the ultra liberal would say when a putt lips out

"that should have gone in so we will just give it to you in fact take one more stroke off"

Working for the government opened my eyes to both parties more than I would have liked and both of them are flawed heavily. It's just a shame that I don't think there is a politician left who doesn't have a price or won't let their party push them around.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

The Democrat may take more gimmies, but he will also be the quickest to call a penalty on himself.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

The Democrat may take more gimmies, but he will also be the quickest to call a penalty on himself.

Right like Clinton."  I never had sex with that woman."

Let's not forget the Libertarians, who decry all of golf as a wasteful boondoggle, and would prefer to dismantle the game to the point that its only objective consists of making a three-foot putt.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Democrats want more holes around the green so everyone has a chance. They would take a gimme because they feel entitled to it, due to the lack of other holes.

Republicans want a smaller hole to further differentiate the lesser golfers from the better ones. They take less gimmes to avoid being the lesser golfer.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

The problem with this thread is the fact that I could say the ultra liberal would say when a putt lips out

"that should have gone in so we will just give it to you in fact take one more stroke off"

No, the problem with this thread is that the moderate viewpoint won't even be explored. This is because conservatives call everybody who disagrees with them liberals, and liberals call everyone else conservatives.

Democrats want more holes around the green so everyone has a chance. They would take a gimme because they feel entitled to it, due to the lack of other holes.

Republicans want a smaller hole to further differentiate the lesser golfers from the better ones. They take less gimmes to avoid being the lesser golfer .

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight......... less gimmies........... :poo:

Liberal golf: Any drives over 150 yards have to be rolled back by 10%; over 200 yards, 25%; over 250, 40%. If you hit the ball 300 yards, you're disqualified. There is no fairway: it would be unfair to give straight hitters a further advantage. The highest score has the "honor" on the next tee box.
Conservative golf: The player with the most expensive equipment wins; clearly he has too much invested to fail, and it might take down the whole golf economy.
  • Upvote 1

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Conservatives won't allow any gimmes for high-handicappers.  For the tour pros, however, "that's one's good" from the tee box.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by beisenhauer

Liberal golf: Any drives over 150 yards have to be rolled back by 10%; over 200 yards, 25%; over 250, 40%. If you hit the ball 300 yards, you're disqualified. There is no fairway: it would be unfair to give straight hitters a further advantage. The highest score has the "honor" on the next tee box.

Conservative golf: The player with the most expensive equipment wins; clearly he has too much invested to fail, and it might take down the whole golf economy.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 4580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!