IGNORED

Rolex believes in Tiger!

shades9323
Note: This thread is 4584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It might not be the best idea to wear an automatic wrist watch playing golf, though. The winding mechanisms on these are sensitive to the huge rotational forces good golfers produce. It'll look great on his wrist, but he might bust a main spring on the downswing!

Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

Rolex is smart...

Here is another link to the story for anyone who's interested.

http://www.golfcanada.ca/professional-tours/pga-tour/?articleId=2191776

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Hey...something Phil and Tiger have in common now...

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Too bad, I always liked how Tag Heuer kind of sounded like his name.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wonder what Tag Heuer is thinking now...

Originally Posted by jamo

Too bad, I always liked how Tag Heuer kind of sounded like his name.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Tag Heuer makes far nicer watch than Rolex IMO

Either way, good that he has a new sponsor I guess

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'm guessing they offered a sliding scale based on his performance given it's a five year deal.  If he does well, he makes more, if not, Rolex is protected.  Smart move on Rolex's part if this is what they did, always want to buy low.

Joe Paradiso

I had Tag Heuer before Tiger hit the golf scene and I'll still have one when he hits the Senior (oops, Champions) Tour.  His endorsement means nothing to me, but it's probably good for golf.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Tag Heuer makes far nicer watch than Rolex IMO

Either way, good that he has a new sponsor I guess

I don't think many would agree that TAG makes far better watches than Rolex but they are a popular brand with a nice racing heritage. Rolex is in a different class IMO and as far as golf is concerned Rolex is the top name in the industry. Nicklaus, Palmer and Player all endorsed Rolex. It's the top watch brand in the world. AP seems to be an upcoming brand in golf and they are leagues above either Rolex or TAG.

Originally Posted by visiondr

It might not be the best idea to wear an automatic wrist watch playing golf, though. The winding mechanisms on these are sensitive to the huge rotational forces good golfers produce. It'll look great on his wrist, but he might bust a main spring on the downswing!

Another myth!  This is simply not true.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by MSchott

I don't think many would agree that TAG makes far better watches than Rolex but they are a popular brand with a nice racing heritage. Rolex is in a different class IMO and as far as golf is concerned Rolex is the top name in the industry. Nicklaus, Palmer and Player all endorsed Rolex. It's the top watch brand in the world. AP seems to be an upcoming brand in golf and they are leagues above either Rolex or TAG.

I would rather have a TAG on my wrist than a Rolex.

Only because I prefer the style of TAG over Rolex

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Who needs a watch these days when you have a phone you carry around all the time

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

it's like a suit kinda... gives an impression.

i think this was well played by rolex, pick up a superstar (fallen or not) at a low price, and good for tiger.... those child-support payments must be a big pain in the butt.

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Who needs a watch these days when you have a phone you carry around all the time

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I would rather have a TAG on my wrist than a Rolex.

Only because I prefer the style of TAG over Rolex

I have both and I would say from a style stand point TAG by far but performance would be Rolex. The Rolex just seems to run smoother and involves less time on the winder. I will say for the price Tissot makes probably the best over all watch in terms of bang for your buck.

Originally Posted by caniac6

My Timex kept better time than my brother in law's Rolex.

He either doesn't own a winder or flat out just doesn't take care of it. There is no way a battery operated watch should ever out perform a quality automatic.

Back to the point I think the deal looks good for both parties Tiger needs to play good golf to get paid and Rolex is protected.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by caniac6

My Timex kept better time than my brother in law's Rolex.

Don't know about that....tell you brother in law to stop cheaping out and go get his watch serviced.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!