IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

jcollins120
Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just want to break 80 this year and times getting short. I have reached 80 but need that one more. I figure for year 6 of playing thats a good goal.:~(

Along with this goal I have a bucket list to play all 48 continental states. I have 12 under my belt plus Hawaii and Mexico. Fun thing is haven't played the 2 closest states yet. Also want to play a PGA level course. Haven't figured out which one yet.

19.5 hcp. 1. Work on my gir % 2. Bring my puts down from 34-37 to 30 3. Minimalize bad shots 4. Schedule weekly practice sessions like an appointment. Currently it's whenever I have free time. Get below 15 hcp and shoot in the 80's

To play in a local qualifier one day without being banned. :)

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2013 Goals

1. Better course management

2. Stay focused through 18

3. Shoot in the 70's more frequently

4. Play some tournaments

5. Sharpen my mental game

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by Golfizit

Along with this goal I have a bucket list to play all 48 continental states. I have 12 under my belt plus Hawaii and Mexico. Fun thing is haven't played the 2 closest states yet.

Also want to play a PGA level course. Haven't figured out which one yet.

Thread revival!  Since I can't watch any golf on TV and it is 8* outside...

I LOVE this idea and am adding it to my bucket list.  AZ, CO, WY, SD and MT off the list.  Boy do I have a long way to go .

Anyone else pull this off?  I'm gonna have to start making a plan .

• Upvote 1

Cart Bag   910 D2 Driver 10.5*, F10 Hybrid 19*, AP2 712 Irons 3-W  56* and 60*

Custom Shop Junk Yard Dog - Laguna 2

to sum it up.... not to suck :-D

Im very streaky, sometimes will birdie 2-3 holes in a row, then go full on stupid and have double snow men on par 4s.   My goal for this year was 85, and i didnt make it.  for me it seems to be all in between the ears, i can do it physically but mentally its not there, i really need to work on my line up, I hit some fantastic tee shots on par 5s this year, an totally screwed the pooch the 2nd shot due to rushing and improper alignment, I feel i could have shot 85 with ease this year if i could hold a round together.  such is life though i suppose, Ill keep going at it as soon as the courses open back up (maybe a little winter golf)

Being able to hit a 300 yard drive. Got close around 287 but haven't got a lucky bounce on the cart path yet.

• Upvote 1

In the Bag:

Driver:  10.5 Superfast Burner 2.0

3 Wood:  15 Fairway Launcher

4 Hybrid:  22 Rescue

4-PW Irons:  RocketBallz Irons

Wedges:  588 Reg

Putter:  Backstryke Marxman

Balls:  Z-Star

Glove:  Weathersof

My goal is to play smart.  Don't try to hit shots that are risky.

I'm reading a book now called:

"How Short Hitting Bad Golfers Break 90 All the Time"   written by Fred Fields.

I had never heard of the author or his book, but so far I am loving what he has to say.

Learn how to be great from 100 yards in, and at chipping and putting...

Be skilled at the short game.

Joel

Trying to improve my game, focusing on playing smarter.

My golf goal has been and always will be: Commit, concentrate, and hit each and every shot as well a possible. Score will follow. Is that too simplistic?

dak4n6

Scratch by 30 years old. 4 years to go....

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Third year of play just around the corner for me.  I broke 90 last year a few times, so the goal is low 80's this year.  How? more lessons, more self video, and more practice.....more rounds/playing.   Long term goal; become good enough to play my state amateur GAM tournament.  Need a Max hcp 5.4 to apply.

Play MORE golf. Enjoy MORE golf. :-D Current handicap is 19.6 but can play to 15,16. Here in UK, need to play those rounds when it counts; in competition.:~( so goal to get to play off 15.

With no particular time frame, the biggies are

1. Break 80 (did it once in Oct 12, but still remains a goal to repeat)

2. HDC under 10.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I just started playing seriously this past season and hadn't played at all for about 10 years prior, so now I have a new set of sticks and can concentrate on improving overall. I score 110-115, mainly due to poor putting (and a few wicked slices on my drives). This year I expect to work on improving accuracy on my drives and putting...knocking at least 1 stroke off per hole.

I am lucky because I am friends with a couple of PGA pros who are able to help me.

By the end of summer I'd like to be shooting in the high 90's. My longer term goal is to be able to consistently shoot in the mid 80's within the next 2-3 years.

In the bag:

:ping: k15 Driver 10.5

:ping:K15 5 Wood

:ping:G15 irons

:tmade:Ghost Rossa Corza Putter

:ping:4-series stand bag

Grandpa's circa 1960's ball retriever for fishing expeditions.

Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!