IGNORED

Your 2012 Golf Goals - Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by keeps21

Breaking 110 is my target for the next month. I just need to cut out the fat shots and I'll be there.

The day I really saw the biggest improvement in my score was the day i was driving home realizing I didn't hit any fat or thin shots. A slice is gonna happen, a hook is gonna happen but hit the ball squarish and get it relatively closer to the target then thats much better. Even a bad 7 iron shot shouldnt be off the green by more than 20 yards and thats much more recoverable than another 8 iron shot. I find this is something to really think about when chipping. how many times does it take to get through the rough to finally end up on the green after 3 chipping cuz you were going to soft. I always make sure to at least get to the green, that way even if you go too far your putting. which is much more manageable.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

new golfer here... my 2012 goals are to get off the driving range and onto a real course... hopefully this weekend. I also hope to go out enough times to establish a functional handicap. I'd like to see my driver straighten out off the tee... so far having pretty good progress with that but straight drives occur about 45% of the time. Slices are occurring less and less, and slices out of bounds are becoming rarer too.

So by end of fall, i'd like to see consistent fairway drives, extremely inconsistent slices, and I'll get back to you on what I'd like to see as a handicap just as soon as i get one :-p

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My golf goals this year are to shoot in the single digits over par and to teach my little brother how to play. I shot a +12 yesterday so I'm getting there!

My goal this year is to get my handicap at or just inside 20.  That means i need to cut off about 10-12 strokes on a consistant basis.  Starting off with a handicap of 30-32, but i feel like i can improve a lot (obviously lol)

1) re-engineer my swing to cut the slice out 2) no 3 putts in a round for 3 rounds straight 3) play more courses 4) be able to breaking 80 every 4 rounds or so (been hitting 80, 81, 82 and broke 80 twice)

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

(1.) Keep smiling and having fun.

(2.) Practice more, Putting for an hour at least 3x a week and going to the Range 3x a week

(3.) Pick up a camera to properly record my golf swing - so that I can upload it for review/input.

(4.) Eat better/healthier (lean meats, increase fruit and veggie intake)

(5.) End result... Get my handicap below a 5 again... Which means I'm consistently breaking 80.

Just got my updated USGA HDCP in email this morning...  First time I've been below a 5 in a long time!!  So I reached one of my 2012 goals.

USGA HDCP 060112.png

Resetting my goals for the 2nd half of the year...

(1.) Keep smiling and having fun.

(2.) Practice more, Putting for an hour at least 3x a week and going to the Range 3x a week

(3.) Pick up a camera to properly record my golf swing - so that I can upload it for review/input.

(4.) Continue to eat better/healthier (lean meats, increase fruit and veggie intake).

(5.) Hit the gym 3 to 4x a week.

(6.) End result... Get my handicap below a 3 by the end of 2012.

Nice job Beach...I plan on updating my goals after my round this weekend.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

1) Always practice with a purpose or a specific focus in mind when at the driving range.

2) Increase GIR % by 20 over last year.

3) Shoot in the low 80s in at least one tournament setting.

4) Become a single-digit handicap by year-end.

5) Enjoy it.

Mid-year update:

1) Yes, I always practice with a purpose.  I'm typically working on something specific that I couldn't consistently accomplish in the prior round.

2) Last year: around 15%.  This year so far about 30%.  The last 6 rounds of this year I've averaged about 38-40%, so it's trending upwards and nearing my goal.

3) My last 3 tournament scores  are 86, 85 and 77.

4) My index has dropped from 16.0 to 12.4 with the current revision.  My last 6 differentials are (+10.5, +12.7, +15, +7.7, +5.5).

5) I've been having a lot of fun.

My 2nd half goals only change the following (the rest stay the same):

3) Shoot in the 70s in 3 tournament settings.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Goals for 2012:

• Break 80 in consecutive rounds by summer's end. When that happens, I'll start playing from championship tees occasionally.
  • Get a handicap rating by end of year.
  • Break 75 from mid tees.
  • Get short game handicap down to near 0.
  • Increase consistency on mid-long irons.
  • Consistently drive 280+ hitting more than 50% of fairways.

If this all happens, I may just treat myself to some fitted name-brand clubs rather than the clones I play (which are pretty darn good, BTW - thanks Gigagolf) for Xmas.

Good luck all!

1. Break 100 more often than not, hopefully with a low 90s or two in there.

2. Birdie #3 at my home course.  There's a damn creek across the fairway that I just can't quite get over with the driver, so I lay up with the 3W to about 190. Poor accuracy and ball striking with the long irons kill me on this hole every time.  Only time I ever shot par on it was with a 45 ft. miracle putt.

1. Replace my entire set of clubs.  The ones I have were given to me in 1996. 2. Play 20 rounds of golf (I'll count 9-hole rounds as 0.5). 3. Break 90 on a par 72. 4. Break 85 on my local course (par 66). 5. Bring my handicap below 25. 6. Improve my putting.  It's the area where I feel like I can drop the most strokes. 7. Improve my overall ball striking consistency.  Likely to be accomplished along with my scoring and handicap goals.

Mid-Year Update: 1. Accomplished. 2. 15 played so far. (10) 18-hole rounds, (10) 9-hole rounds. 3. Shot a 93 on a par 71. 4. Accomplished. Shot a 78. 5. Accomplished. Currently at 23.6. 6. I've made progress, still plenty to work on. 7. Accomplished. I've played the last 4-5 rounds with no thin/fat shots, and that has helped dramatically. Still plenty of room to grow. Current Goals for 2012: 1. Play 20 rounds of golf. 2. Play 30 rounds of golf. 3. Break 90 on a par 72. 4. Break 85 on a par 72. 5. Break 75 on my local course (First Tee Chesterfield, par 66). 6. Break 40 on my local 9-hole course (Windy Hill). 7. Break 38 on my local 9-hole course (Windy Hill). 8. Bring my handicap to 15.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

break 110 5 times in the next 2 months

break 100 3 times in the next 3 months

break 90 at least once this season

putt better, as in no more than 2 putts from 10' in.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

New Golfer. :)

I don't have many goals that are huge...but some that hopefully will be easy to track:

• Start hitting the ball semi-consistently straight
  • Break 100
  • Break 90
  • Get my own set of clubs, not a hand-me-down set

I'll move on to fancier things if I can cross at least 3 out of the 4 off there. :)

Just getting back into golf after two years off while getting my Master's degree.

1. Shoot mid-80's by end of year

2. More consistent straight/long shots

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

1. Break my record of 71 on my home course (par 72).

2. Decrease my handicap by 2 strokes.

a. Tee box routine; committing to shot shape, picking my line, staying focused on that line throughout my swing

b. Improve putting; better green reading, pre-shot routine and consistent stroke

Get to and maintain a 6 handicap (started year around 12 and now am 8).

Break personal best of 77.

Maintain gains over last year and not regress.

Enjoy myself more

Hope: Shoot even par 1 time this year.

Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!