IGNORED

Tour Striker Contest!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by golfprogress

MiniBlueDragon great idea for a video but each clip of your grandpappy cuts away as he's about to make impact!  The audience wants to see it in its gory detail!

Your wish is my command.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Great submissions so far guys, keep'm coming!:dance:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What a great contest.  Thank you Martin for your generosity.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Please enter me into this great contest. I suffered a back injury 13 years ago and had to give up the game of golf. After working out over the summer to strengthen my core and try to get some flexibility back I am playing again. I have rebuilt my bag and my swing to be more back friendly but the one thing I still suffer with is compressing the ball. I know now the TS should have been the first 'club' to get. I finally broke 90 with a low round of 82. I firmly believe practicing with the TS would get me to the rarified air of 70's! Hopefully this contest will allow me to get one and complete my comeback.

Not sure what happened there .... second try.

Here is my proof.

This was my first lesson.  I'll never forget what the pro said when he froze this image - "Well, you can play golf with this swing, you just won't hit it very far".

Screen Shot 2011-11-08 at 10.17.53 pm.PNG

Nothing like a haiku for making a simple point ...

With the Tour Striker

I will learn to keep my lag

Lower scores result

Enjoy!

I'm a high school golf coach and coach about 30-40 middle school aged children every spring to play golf, for free.  I've been looking for a great tool to show my kids, and their parents, that they can pick up and have a meaningful practice with daily to improve their game.  I've drooled at the Tour Striker since it came out, but being a free golf coach I could afford it!  Please help!!!!

Great contest!

Here's why I NEED a Tour Striker.

For the many years I've been a 13-15 index.  Always short, high - and misses were badly right.

A few months ago, saw my local highly rated pro - he looked at two of my swings and commented, "You're casting the club - we need to build more lag into your swing."  And proceeded to do just that over the next several weeks.  Trajectory lower, more distance, etc.  Index drops to a 10.  I'm happy.

But over the next several months, my high, short trajectory is back.  Contact is uncertain.  Descending blow cannot be counted on.  Scores are starting to rise.

HELP!  I need to get immediate feedback during my practice regimen whether I'm making proper descending contact or not...

...in other words, I need PRECISELY what the Tour Striker is touted to provide !

Please help!  While I've made some progress, I'm reverting back!  Help me, Obi-wan!  You're my only hope!

Regards,

Tim W.

A number of years ago [15] I had a bad accident mt biking and took a header and broke my wrist with a smiths fracture....Knuckles down.  I was told I wouldn't be able to play golf for at least 12 months.....After just a couple months which included surgery and placement of a plate in the wrist I was out playing.......With one arm. my right and I am righty.  I took my driver and knocked the swingweight down to B7.  Prior to this injury I found my iron play was getting fairly erratic and I believe the primary reason was I was picking the ball. With only one arm in my swing after the accident I could not pick the ball.  I had to drive down thru it.  I found with that motion I was hitting the ball only 1 club less than with two arms.  Fast forward 15 years and I find myself in a similar circumstance at this point.  My iron play is spotty and inconsistant at this point and I believe the cure rests in the developement of hitting down thru the shot.  Based on what I see with the Tour Striker I'm confident it would assist in training me to reinvigorate that striking methodology.

Thank You for this opportunity.

Good Luck with your promotion

Doug

What a great site and what a great product.  I purchased a couple of different tour strikers a little over a month ago and, I can honestly say, this is the best golf product I have ever owned hands down .   No other product on the market provides the immediate feedback needed to make significant progress acquiring forward shaft lean as well as the Tour Striker.  It's a product I believe in and have shared with my good friends.  In fact, this is the first video submission I have ever done for that reason (so my apologies beforehand to the videophiles out there). I want to win this contest so that I can give them away! I'm thinking of two people specifically.  My brother is going through a tough time financially right now, like many of us, and can't afford something like this.  He came down to Austin and we worked on his swing a little bit, trying to eliminate some of his flipping.  He's such a results-oriented guy, the Tour Striker would be the perfect thing for him to practice with.  It would be so rewarding to watch him succeed.  The other is a coworker.  He's played golf for a number of years and we play occasionally.  He has a huge casting motion, but after letting him hit a few balls with the tour striker, he nailed it! It was incredible to see such rapid progress.  I want him to have one so that he doesn't have to borrow mine .  Martin,  thanks so much for your inventiveness and ingenuity.  Please consider this submission.  Winning this contest would make three golfers incredibly happy!

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Thanks to Martin Hall and The Sand Trap for putting on this contest.

I've been working on my game diligently but somehow I can't get rid of the dreaded flip. I've tried numerous aids and drills to get rid of it but it keeps coming back. I've got a long Chicago winter coming up and with the help of the Tour Striker I know I can finally kill "the flip".

Good luck everyone!

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

Dear Mr. Namath Chuck, my name is B obby Brady Tourspoon and I am twelve yrs old a middle aged golfer.  I am writing to you because I am very very sick flippy.  Please help.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Ok, I am not exactly new to golf, but I have started consistently golfing for a little over a year now. I have always hit my shots either way high up in a ballooning fashion, or straight along the ground, blading it. I would love to get that piercing, line-drive kind of iron shot, and I believe the tour striker will give me that kind of improvement.

I actually was doing some research on this product before I even saw this contest, and I loved it! It is just a extremely fortunate coincidence that you are giving away these training aids, as my family has been struggling financially. And these clubs are $100 or more, and there is no way I could afford that. I am trying to make the varsity golf team this year, and I believe this would be an essential tool to reaching that achievement.

So to break down my game, putting:pretty decent, short game: ok, needs some work, driving:not to shabby, irons: absolutely terrible. Especially my long irons. I always want to get underneath the ball, even when that is not needed with a truly good iron shot. I get nervous when I get a nice, neat, perfect lie on a well mowed fairway. Because I either take a divot the size of crater lake, blade it 40 yards or so, or top the ball 50 yards or so... So basically my game is the most inconsistent piece of garbage you've ever seen, to be modest haha.

Here is a breakdown of my latest round:

1.Par 4-5

2.par 3-5

3.par 5-10

4.par 4-5

5.par 4-3

6.par 3-3

7.par 5-9

8.par 4-5

9.par 4-3

10.Par 4-9

11.par 3-3

12.par 4-6

13par 4-5

14.par 5-9

15.par 4-5

16.par 4-4

17.par 3-4

18.par 4-6

total: par 71-99

As you can see, incredibly inconsistent. I do well on the par 3's and short par 4's, but long par 4's and par 5's I struggle on, because of the multiple iron shots. (I hit a lot of iron shots on long holes because my drive is not very long, only about 200-220)

Unfortunately I could not figure out how to edit a video of my swing and info ect. and put it up. Please do not fault me for my lack of technological experience. Instead, enjoy this video I found on youtube of what you should be imagining me like currently, and my future self if I do not get the opportunity to benefit from the incredible training ability of the Tour Striker

And, if all else fails, and all of the previously mentioned info is deemed insufficient, then please, I urge you, to take a look at this drawing of perry the platypus, and reconsider.

Thank you for the consideration

Guys, those entries were great. You made me and my wife laugh (and cry:)). I'm not sure yet who is going to win the TS clubs, but to all entries, THANK YOU! At a minimum, all entries to this point will win one of my CE Series DVDs (download version) absolutely free. PM me and I'll send along a coupon code for your video. We'll announce the TS winners soon!!!

You want answers?  You can't handle the truth on this forum!

Son, we live in a world that has flippers, and those flippers have to be corrected with men who have tools. Whose gonna do it? You?  You, Mr. Chuck?  I have more flipping going on than you could possibly fathom.  You weep for Gary McCord, and you curse the networks.  You have that luxury.  You have the luxury of not knowing what I know.  That Gary McCord's infomercials probably saves flippers.  And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, also saves flippers. I know deep down during the moment of truth that most won't talk about on the lesson tee, you don't want me swinging a club, but you need me swinging that club.  We use words like impact, forward shaft lean, and angle of attack.  We use these words as the backbone of a life spent trying to achieve a correct impact position.  You use them in your marketing to give hope and save the masses.  I have neither the time nor the inclination to try to explain myself to the man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of financial security that I will provide from the positive review of the Tour Stiker that I will surely submit, then question the manner in which I provide it.  I prefer that you said thank you and declare me the winner.  Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a Tour Striker, and correct more impact flaws.

• Upvote 3

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I guess I've been living under a rock because it wasn't until about two months ago that I first read about the Tour Striker and the great following it has. A couple of weeks ago I managed to make some time to go to the range (have been super busy with work and school - pursuing a Master's degree will do that to you) and happened to meet with a friend of mine that had just started playing golf and who apparently had gone "training aid" crazy because he was showing me a whole bunch of stuff that he was using. Among the several "gadgets" (what he calls them) he had was a TS 7i that he got from his dad, another fellow golfer. My friend told me that he tried to hit with it just a few times but that he wasn't getting results. I asked if I could try it out and he said sure. Well, after 5-6 swings, I started hitting it great and the feedback I was receiving was fantastic. In total, I hit about 50 balls with it and I just couldn't believe how helpful the TS was by reinforcing the importance of hitting down on the ball. No matter what you read, when training aids are being discussed, most of us tend to think that they are just a gimmick and that no real, significant improvement can be attained by using them, but in the case of the TS, after finishing my try out, I became a believer and understood why people were saying so many wonderful things about it in this and two other golf discussion boards I participate in. I've been playing for a while now and though I've seen some improvement, I've hit a plateau and haven't been able to break that barrier that comes with it. After reading so much about it, watching many videos of people that have used it and seeing how involved you guys (the TS folks) are with your product, I'm positive that owning a TS club would help me immensely and would make me enjoy the game a whole lot more. Thanks for offering us all this great opportunity!

Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!