IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Originally Posted by iacas

My running streak is at nearly 60 days in a row now and I'm on my way towards racing a sub-28:00 5K in April.

So I've got that going for me, which is nice #caddyshack. Anyway, gorgeous day outside. Sun was in my eyes on the way back but that's okay - better sun than nothing. I over-dressed and was sweaty as heck despite the relatively light exertion. One of these days I'll do five miles just to say I did five, but I'm in no rush to do that. My made-up training program seems to be doing just fine for me. :)

Erik,

Running every day is NOT good training. Β There's not enough room in the thread to detail why, but you should know that there are a plethora of training programs out there by professionals that will maximize your endurance and performance. Β Just like someone should go to you for instruction on the golf swing, you should seek a better plan. Β Good luck either way!

Doc

Β 

Squats R+L 4x6 (53,62)

KB push ups 4x15

Then... Two minute AMRAPs for each exercise with :30 seconds of rest in between

1/2 Turkish Get ups R

1/2 Turkish Get ups L

10 Snatches R+L

BW squats

High Pulls

Kickouts

Goblet Thrusters

53 lb kb had to drop to 44 lb for left side TGU

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Doctorfro

Running every day is NOT good training. Β There's not enough room in the thread to detail why, but you should know that there are a plethora of training programs out there by professionals that will maximize your endurance and performance. Β Just like someone should go to you for instruction on the golf swing, you should seek a better plan. Β Good luck either way!

Thanks for the advice, but I'm sticking with the plan I've got.Β I don't think running a mile on my off days is going to do very much to hurt me. I typically work on form or jog pretty slowly. I'm not even topping 15 miles a week.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Upper body workout with weight for 40 minutes, followed by 30 min run at 7:45 min/mile pace.

Tomorrow is my long run (10-12 miles at 7:30-8:00 min/mile pace) followed by 1,000 meter swim.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

3.03 miles, 27:06.

Wore the VFFs for the first mile (400 slow, 400 fast x 2), then changed into the Pure Flows and forgot to move my foot pod over. :) So just the one mile shows up in the Garmin Connect data.
I'm getting pretty good at 8 MPH (that's only 7:30 so it's not great but it's not terrible either), so maybe next time I'll take it up a little more. 9 MPH is about a 6:40 but that seems a touch fast, so 8.5 or so should do it. 7:00 mile, which means the 400s would last only 105 seconds. Piece of cake right? We'll see. Sounds manageable.
I'm a bit off-kilter this week doing this on Wednesday so I'll probably just two two LSDs later, maybe back to back, and try to run faster miles on the other days or something.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/153816247
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/13270017

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Kettle bell workout. Β 45 minutes that, at times, is killer.

Just wondering what this consist of? Β I am always tweaking my workouts and do lot's of different ones, just wondering if you care to elaborate?

Long run day.

10 miles, 1 hour 15 min. Β Use to be able to do that in an hour. Β Getting slow...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by secondary

Just wondering what this consist of? Β I am always tweaking my workouts and do lot's of different ones, just wondering if you care to elaborate?

Got a video. Β Do aerobic, abs, arms, etc. Β Custom workout. Β Pick and choose. Β Have five workouts of 15-17 minutes each. Β I generally do three of the five. Β There's tons of videos out there.

Β 

Windy and warm today. Β 25 miles of road cycling. Β Would have gone longer but wind was driving me crazy.....crosswind gusts blowing me into the traffic. Not good.

Β 

Got a video. Β Do aerobic, abs, arms, etc. Β Custom workout. Β Pick and choose. Β Have five workouts of 15-17 minutes each. Β I generally do three of the five. Β There's tons of videos out there.

Gotcha, I see Kettle Bells and anything and it gets my attention.

Today, after two days of unreal snowboarding. Β We have had 58" in the last 6 days. Β I miss golf a lot, but this has been a nice diversion.

Inverted Rows 4x12 ( 53s)

Dbl Russian Swings 4x15 ( 35s and 44s)

Then a partner even. Β You Go, I Go for time. Β 7 Rounds of......

15 American Swings

12 Jumping Pull Ups

200 meters of Rowing

62 lb KB for swings

It took about 22 minutes, but my partner was SLACKING!

Yesterday (Thursday), I went 5 rounds on the heavy bag with 30 seconds breaks per round.Β  I did jumping jacks between rounds.Β  Then I took a 20 minute sauna.

Friday = Heavy Lifting Day

Set 1

Pushups: As Many As Possible

Pull ups, 1 leg assisted: As Many As Possible

*Shoulder Press: As Many As Possible

Single Leg Split Squat: 20 each leg

Plank: 45 Seconds, Side Plank 30 seconds each side

Tricep Pulldowns (Cable): 12 reps at 90 lbs

Bicep Curls: 12 reps at 30lbs

Single Arm Rows: 12 reps at 40lbs

Single Leg dead lifts: 12 reps each leg

Set 2

Judo Pushups: As Many As Possible

Pull ups, 1 leg assisted: As Many As Possible

*Shoulder Press: As Many As Possible

Alternating Lunges with Medicine Ball Rotation, 6lbs 10 reps each leg

Mountain Climber Plank (knee to opposite shoulder-rotation): 1 Minute

Tricep Pulldown (Cable): 12 reps at 90 lbs

Bicep Curls: 12 reps at 30 lbs

Single Arm Rows: 12 reps at 45lbs

Pilate Leg Lifts

*Shoulder press is were i put my feet on the bench and i form a V with my body, and i basically lower myself to the ground using my shoulders and push back up. Its a great body weight way to work the shoulders

Pilate Leg Lifts are alot of single leg lifts lying down that i learned from this workout class i am in. They work my gluts, hip abductor/adductors, and quads. If i had to recommend one for golf, check out Golfdigests friday fitness blog this week. They show the Alternating Lunges with the medicine ball, and the clam shell move. That is one of the moves i do with my leg lifts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

• Administrator

2.15 miles in 18:25
So I planned to do my LSD (4+ miles) today, but the wind was blowing really, really hard (warnings were in effect) and there's no way the wife and kid were going to do more than the 2.15 miles we did. Good for them.
I adjusted and rather than running at 10:00 (LSD pace) I tried to run them at my goal pace (9:00) or a little faster. Into the wind the first mile I got 4:24 and 4:23 800s. I closed with a pair of 4:19 800s downwind (there was some protection in parts, so it wasn't terrible).
I'm really happy with this run today. It didn't feel super stressful. I feel like I could have maintained this pace (8:39 or so) for a 5K.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/154268062
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/13312724

Yesterday 03.02 I got my Super Slow workout in.Β  Today I hiked the North Menan ButteΒ on the Snake River Plain.Β  It was cold, breezy, just enough snow on it toΒ  make it slippery, and a nice hike.Β  After winter a hike like that is kind of like opening the windows to air out the house.

http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/fo/upper_snake/recreation_sites_/north_menan_butte.html

This week was ok.Β  I did 5.6 on monday,Β I ran 8.12 miles Wednesday.Β  Felt really good.Β  Came in right at 11 minute miles.Β  For me that is a good pace for a mid-length run.Β  Saterday, did 10.15 in 1:55.Β  Felt fine.Β  Had some tough climbs.Β  Overall a good workout.Β  Didn't do much else this week.Β  Got busy doing other stuff and pulled in different directions.

This week is a big week. I have 15 for the long and 7 or 8 for the mid.Β  The short ones tues thursday will probably sub out and do something different.Β  Diet is still really hard for me.Β  Can seem to not eat bad or over eat on the weekends.

Brian