My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Pretty much the same workout every time, been doing these for years, specifically for golf.

1.  10 minute treadmill warm-up to get heart rate up.  Never stretch before heart rate is up.  Something to do with synovial fluid in tendon sheaths I am told.

2.  Immediately take BP and heart rate, then weigh on scales -- today I was 111 over 75 after treadmill warm-up.  Heart rate gets to about 125 or so.

3.  Lay on back, rope on ball and toes of foot, pull upright to stretch hamstring and calf -- both sides -- one minute each.

4   Sideways push-ups of hips while laying sideways on elbow and foot.-- do both sides 15 reps quickly

5.  15 reps lying on back and pulling knees up and under a rope held up between hands outstretched above shoulders.

6. Best one:  Lie on side, knees up to 90 degrees and laid to one side, and someone holds them down, both arms out front stretched in front of chest and to the side, palms facing.  Take top arm and swing in all the way above and across body until it goes below the level of the other arm as if you are on a cross (you must be on a narrow table and knees held down.) Do 15 reps then change sides and do it again.  This is the best one for flexibility for your golf swing.  If you play right handed, the right arm over will be harder.  This one is brutal.

7.  2:00 minutes of bridge or ladder (hold straight body line balanced on elbows and toes.)

8.  Rotator cuff exercizes on pulley weight machine, elbow to side, pull 15 times each way, each arm -- total 60 reps. Don't do too heavy of weights -- use light weights and lots of reps, make sure elbow does not leave side.

9.  30 weighted ab-sit-ups in a special chair -- I do as much weight as I can possibly move.

10.  Back stretcher where you drop back and knees jam into chest while holding on with straight arms to the bars.

11.  Leg presses -- 2 times 15 reps -- leg machine.

12. on a machine -- flying arm chest pull to center (the one you see ladies do for chest exercizes.)

13. push ups -- 15 quick ones. I do them on a machine.

14. Walk off cool down

Done -- get a protein shake, head to golf course.

RC

Back to a regular routine sort of.  Partner got hurt so I was able to go solo.

1 min of each with :15 sec of rest between each exercise.  2 min rest after each round, 3 rounds total.

I set these up like stations and moved around.

Goblet Squat

Snatches R

Snatches L

Ropes ( I got 1 really long 40 ft rope and loop it back to hold both ends and getting swinging)

American Swings

Push ups

Jumping Lunges

High Pulls

Used a 53lb kb where applicable

Originally Posted by secondary

Back to a regular routine sort of.  Partner got hurt so I was able to go solo.

1 min of each with :15 sec of rest between each exercise.  2 min rest after each round, 3 rounds total.

I set these up like stations and moved around.

Goblet Squat

Snatches R

Snatches L

Ropes ( I got 1 really long 40 ft rope and loop it back to hold both ends and getting swinging)

American Swings

Push ups

Jumping Lunges

High Pulls

Used a 53lb kb where applicable

I love (hate) ropes

I did Randy on Monday

75 Power snatch, @ 75# in 7 minutes 5 seconds.

I haven't been on the computer much late except at work so haven't posted in a while.  Since my last training for the marathon has been ok.  Did the 20, 12, 8 mile long runs in my program.  20 hurt, 12 and 8 were easy.  Not easy, but not the same as 20.

Doing the flying pig marathon this weekend.  Going to be warm it appears but nice.  I feel ready enough.  I know the last 6-10 are going to be slow and painful.  I expect 5:30ish time based on training and the 1/2 I did in march.  Don't really care, just want to finish.  Excited to start playing golf regularly again.

Brian

Originally Posted by MbolicGolf

I love (hate) ropes

I did Randy on Monday

75 Power snatch, @ 75# in 7 minutes 5 seconds.

Ropes = really good sleep tonight!  That time is REALLY good, color me impressed.  My wife keeps showing me the Cross Fit Trials that are airing on ESPN 3.  Realize just how out of shape I really am :)

It has been raining and in the 40's for 6 days.  Golf or new mountain bike may never happen.

DBL DL 3x5

1/2 TGU 3x3 R+L (53,62)

Then for time

50 DBL DL Kickouts

50 Pull ups

800 m run/row

I kipped the pull ups, rowed the 800.  10:12 was my time.  Out of shape.......

Originally Posted by chicagogolf

try this for a good workout. the link below is for a suspension trainer.

http://www.lifelineusa.com/affiliate/redir.php?oid=1196_25

Yep, familiar with TRX.  Awesome body weight trainer.  Some of the best ab workouts ever using these things.

Completed my first marathon on Sunday.  I did the flying pig in Cincy.  I had a good time and enjoyed it.  Did it in 5:19 (12 min miles, just over).  Really could have done it faster but met up with a buddy by chance and he was hurting so I stuck with him miles 18 to 24.  But glad I felt fine post race.  I felt really good 3-13.  Happy to be done training for it.  Really nice race, lots of water and food.  Nice not too hilly course.

Brian

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

Completed my first marathon on Sunday.  I did the flying pig in Cincy.  I had a good time and enjoyed it.  Did it in 5:19 (12 min miles, just over).  Really could have done it faster but met up with a buddy by chance and he was hurting so I stuck with him miles 18 to 24.  But glad I felt fine post race.  I felt really good 3-13.  Happy to be done training for it.  Really nice race, lots of water and food.  Nice not too hilly course.

Awesome, nice job.  I'd like to try a half marathon someday, but I'm still a bit too chicken.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Awesome, nice job.  I'd like to try a half marathon someday, but I'm still a bit too chicken.

Brandon

Brandon- not sure how much you're currently running. But if you can run 30 minutes without stopping, you can easily run a half 12 weeks from now. I was really surprised in how quickly I was able to prepare myself for my first half.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

I run 10-15 minutes per day non-stop at about an 8-minute mile pace.  It feels really easy.  I do that 6 times per week.  A few years ago (when I didn't have a job to go to in the morning), I would run 20 minutes per day non-stop at a bit slower pace.

The longest distance I've run before is probably 3 miles.  I feel like I could do 5 or so easily, but after that I would be in unknown territory :)

Brandon

Monday night was:

Front squats

Deadlift

Hack squats

Cleans

Seated calf raise

Back hyperextensions

Last night:

Incline BB bench

O/H BB press

Bar dips

Upright row

Incline flys

Lateral raises

Friday night will probably consist of beating the snot out of some tires, battle ropes, throwing the skidsteer tire around, farmer carries, and probably some sandbags.  It's so nice to get out of the house and go outside and do something primal once in a while!

For you lifters, do you ease up on your lifting any specific period of time before golfing competitions?

Brandon

For you lifters, do you ease up on your lifting any specific period of time before golfing competitions?

Brandon

I Don't play in Competition, (don't know where to start quite frankly) but I find that I hit it better when I'm working out, if I take time off my swing goes to hell.

10 rounds for time

10 thrusters 95#

5 ring body row

5 decline ring pushups

23:12

Definitely.  As might be expected, I never lift on the day of competition.  But I try not to lift too heavy the day before either.  I will do cardio the day before in lieu of lifting--in most cases.

Brandon

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades