IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

• Administrator

Ran 3 miles in 30:00 on the nose. I tried to do it, and at times I was struggling to keep pace up hills (I forgot how even gentle uphills can feel like hell, especially since downhills don't feel correspondingly good), and it's not a great pace overall (when I stopped running before I was around 8:30/mile for three miles), but it's not bad since I took so long off.

Plus it was hot.

I've been slacking off, but I'm now Mike's training buddy. He's due to start Couch to 5K (now called "Run5K" or something stupid, but it's based on the "Couch to 5K" program) today. I've done my part today Mike. Your turn! :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Kettlebells

Art of Strength - Providence Workout w/ 12kg and 16kg bells

45 min.

Heart Rate - started at 75 after warm ups, increased to 140 during the two minutes of each exercise and 14 stations. 1 minute break between  each exercise. Range during workout was between 100-140.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Completed Day 1 of week 1 for 5K Runner.  After a 5 min warmup you run for a minute, walk for a minute and a half and do that for 15 mins with a 5 min cool down. Wasn't too bad.  I've done five brisk walks with my wife for 2 miles at night the last week and a half as a warm up to this.

Also in the last two weeks been doing some compound dumbbell exercises and on an intermittent fasting plan.  I'm doing the one where you have an 8 hour window to eat and fast for 16 hours.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Completed Day 1 of week 1 for 5K Runner.  After a 5 min warmup you run for a minute, walk for a minute and a half and do that for 15 mins with a 5 min cool down. Wasn't too bad.  I've done five brisk walks with my wife for 2 miles at night the last week and a half as a warm up to this.

Also in the last two weeks been doing some compound dumbbell exercises and on an intermittent fasting plan.  I'm doing the one where you have an 8 hour window to eat and fast for 16 hours.

Are you doing the Warrior Diet?

I am thinking about trying the C25K again if my knee can handle it.  I have only ran once since my knee surgery but I have been training in martial arts for about 4 months with no issues. We will see.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Kettlebells

Art of Strength - Providence Workout w/ 12kg and 16kg bells

45 min.

Heart Rate - started at 75 after warm ups, increased to 140 during the two minutes of each exercise and 14 stations. 1 minute break between  each exercise. Range during workout was between 100-140.

Kettlebells will take your soul and are an awesome workout and so effective.  Good work Mr. Desmond.

45 minutes of laps in the pool.

Shot around on the bball court for 30 minutes.

Practice swings for 30 minutes with wiffle balls.

Did good on diet, until a hamburger for dinner. Still, I'm down 55 pounds since last year. Plenty more to go!

Originally Posted by TN94z

Are you doing the Warrior Diet?

I am thinking about trying the C25K again if my knee can handle it.  I have only ran once since my knee surgery but I have been training in martial arts for about 4 months with no issues. We will see.

Not Warrior, it's the 8 Hour Diet. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/25/truth-about-eight-hour-diet-work-dietician_n_3494003.html

Works for me because I can still eat full meals, feel satiated and create a caloric deficit.  Some diets have you eating 6 small meals and I've never liked that idea.  One reason is because it's a pain in the ass to schedule 6 meals/snacks a day.  The 8 Hour is flexible and easy to implement.  The book recommends 8 foods to eat daily and I've been pretty good getting a healthy balance.

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the eating every 2 hours, X amount of meals per day....it's just not practical for everyone. I've always had good results not worrying about timing. I only worry about getting in my calories and macros before the day ends.

Bryan A

Completed Day 2 Week 1 of 5K Runner.  Also did some kettlebell exercises.  Mostly working on form, two arm swings and single leg swings.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

I ran two miles yesterday. It rained and so I got out before it got muggy, which of course meant I couldn't avoid every puddle. I hate getting my shoes wet.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Woke up, ate cereal, showered. Now I'll sit on my ass for 8 hours, then golf for 2. If I feel energetic, I'll do 150-200 pushups tonight, but probably not.

The end.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

45 minutes of laps in the pool. 30 minute walk. 2 hour ride from Tucson to Phx. Pay my favorite muni without a cart in 105 degree heat. Yeah, I figure ill drop 5 lbs today.

Overhead Squat form work (This exercise by itself will make you better as it is working pretty much everything in the body all at once !)

W.O.D.

Sets of 21-15-9 reps

Squat Cleans (135 lbs)

Bench/ Ring Dips

10: 50 and every rep was takin my soul !!

Originally Posted by Righty to Lefty

Overhead Squat form work (This exercise by itself will make you better as it is working pretty much everything in the body all at once !)

W.O.D.

Sets of 21-15-9 reps

Squat Cleans (135 lbs)

Bench/ Ring Dips

10: 50 and every rep was takin my soul !!

Just curious, do you do your workouts in a home gym or are you a member of a cross fit gym?

Bryan A

Originally Posted by TN94z

Just curious, do you do your workouts in a home gym or are you a member of a cross fit gym?

I am in Afghanistan and we have a crossfit gym here.  If I were in the U.S. I would have to be apart of a gym because I am so used to the group atmosphere that we have here to push each other.

February 28

July 5th

My Golf always travels with me...even to Afghanistan !!

• Administrator

It's hot today, so I ran on the elliptical while I watched a bit of Argo on the laptop. Three miles.

I hate the elliptical. If you think running sucks, running without going anywhere REALLY sucks.