5x5 Trap Bar 185

Then class

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hopefully with no lumbar flexion.

I follow the way that Dr. Stuart McGill recommends. Just lifting the head straight up as if you're raising your head just off a scale, so really a modified lumbar crunch.  I also do his stir the pot ab exercise.

I also at the end of the workout try to hold a plank as long as I can.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I follow the way that Dr. Stuart McGill recommends. Just lifting the head straight up as if you're raising your head just off a scale, so really a modified lumbar crunch.  I also do his stir the pot ab exercise.

I also at the end of the workout try to hold a plank as long as I can.

That great and exacly why I commented. I just got finished reading Dr McGill's book. Did you see his videos

about the hip airplanes helping golfers?

Doug

That great and exacly why I commented. I just got finished reading Dr McGill's book. Did you see his videos

about the hip airplanes helping golfers?

Yes, I have also started to do those as well.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Yes, I have also started to do those as well.

@jsgolfer exercise routine that incorpoates Dr McGill exercises? I read Low Back Disorders and it basically is anatomy, safety, and rehab.

I understand that his other book Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance has more exercises for keeping the back healthy.

I do not have a bad back and am interested in this so I will not.

Doug

Went to the sports doctor today. Did all the mobility test and had an X-ray of the hips. Nothing wrong structurally with the hips. No sports hernia, not muscle tears. Basically I have tendinitis of the hip. The doctor tried to stretch my quad and he couldn't bring my heel to my butt. Since I have tight quads it is pulling on my hip flexors and the tendons at my hip.

My workouts from now on will be a lot of stretching and strengthening of the quad, hamstrings and hip area.

I will not being doing Kettlebell swings with out an instructor. I was too naive to think I could learn the form with out proper instruction and hurt my back to being with. Then that lead to my hips acting up.

Back to gaining more functional strength and keeping things in good mobility. Pilate's and Yoga here I come!

Luckily tendinitis is very treatable. I was worried it something like a sports hernia or labrum tear.

On a side note, seeing an X-rat of the hips is kinda cool.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Monday workout

Bench - 155 10 times

175 10 times

185 10 times

185 8 times

Incline Bench - 135 10 times

155 10 times

155 10 times

Dumbbell fly - 3 sets 30 lbs 10 reps each

Cable Cross - 3 sets 35 lbs 10 reps each

Tricep Extensions - 3 sets 90 lbs 10 reps each

Overhead tricep extension - 3 sets 25 lbs 10 reps each

Dips - 3 sets 10 reps

Abs

Tuesday Workout

Dumbbell bent over row - 3 sets 50 lbs 12 reps each

Lat Pulldowns - 3 sets 110 lbs 10 reps each

Standing lat pulldowns - 3 sets 70 lbs 10 reps each

Straight arm lat pulldowns - 3 sets 50 lbs 10 reps each

Incline Curls - 3 sets 25 lbs 10 reps each

Barbell Curls - 3 sets 50 lbs 10 reps each

Seated one arm curls - 3 sets 50 lbs 10 reps each

Abs

Started Body By Science workout today. Doing the Golf workout,

Just testing out what weights I have to use today.

Squat

Bentover Row

Bench Press

Wrist Curl

Reverse Wrist Curl

I am doing the free weight version because I have a power rack and weights in my garage and I am not going to join a gym.

Doug

Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

-Jerry

Bench

3 max sets 135

3x3 155

3x2 185

3x1 205

Pull ups 6x3

And Kettlebell class

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My normal Monday, Wednesday, and Friday gym routine.

30 minutes elliptical

30 minutes stationary bike

Leg extension 3x20 70#

Seated leg curl 3x20 70#
Lat pulldown 3x20 60#
Fly 3x20 70#
Abdominal 3x20 75#
Leg press 3x20 100#
Back extension 3x20 70#
Rotary torso 3x20 70#
Calf extension 3x20 55# l
Tricep extension 3x20  40#
Bicep Curl 3x15 25#
Shoulder press 3x20 40#
Seated rowing 3x15 55#
Chest Press 3x20 40#
Plus 2 hours house cleaning today :pound:
Working on core strength and toning.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Insanity Cardio

-Jerry

Body Revolution 5 and Cardio 2 by Jillian Michaels

-Jerry

Insanity Cardio and Resistance Pull-ups Crunches Down to 199.5 finally broke the 200 pound barrier, 10-15 more to go.

-Jerry

My workout today was golfing 18 holes. But, I had a power cart. Big difference from walking. 9675 steps. Last time out with my fish cart was over 19000.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Second Body by Science workout yesterday. Boy am I feeling it today.

Calf raise

Bent over row

Pulldown

Standing DB overhead press

Prone torso rotation

Doug