IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

• Administrator

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

You guys have motivated me...did 3 on the treadmill running the first and run walking the next 2 in 44 minutes.

Anyway, I felt like a slug at the range and thought maybe I should do something and post on this thread.  Thanks for starting it.

I chopped out the middle section, but I read it, and wow! :-)

It's too bad you can't create "teams" on DailyMile. I think it'd be sweet to create a "TST Team" and run against others or something like that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, my workout today was a 5k for St.Jude.  WOW at the number of people in this thing!! The time was crazy because it took a good half a mile or so to get around all of the walkers.  I felt I did pretty good considering I had only ran once in about 2 months and had a chest cold.  We had a ball.  We plan on running quite a few of them next year.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Insanity's Plyo-Cardio Circut this morning.

I feel like I have now jump started myself to get back going on a regular schedule again.

rowed 1000 meters for warmup then had 2 10 minute As Many rounds as possible (amraps)

First set.

5 kickouts

7 pull ups

10 BW squats

I got 14 in

5 minute break

Then..

10 min Amrap

5  high pulls R+L

3 Lunges R+L

53 lb Kettlebell

Lost track of rounds.

Ran with the dog today, 2 miles without stopping, run walked the 3rd.  Followed up with ten minutes on the heavy bag and finished with some swing path work in the garage.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I just downloaded the Bridge to 5k app.  I will start that tomorrow night.  This program is only 6 weeks long.  I figure I can knock this one out and the train for a half.  That's probably as far as I will ever want to run.  I'm also going to work on getting my 5k down to a more respectable time as well.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Worked out last night and last night at the gym.

Last night.  Did squat/millitary press to get my legs warmed up.  4 sets.  Last was really heavy for me so could only get 5 or 6.  Then did squats 3 or 4 sets.  Haven't squated in a while so kept the weight maybe 75% my max on last set.  Then did calf raises, dead lifts.  The did abs.  Crunches and leg raises.  Good workout.

Tonight did chest and back.  My rotator cuff is pretty sensitive so my chest is limited to what I can do.  I have to keep my elbows really close to my body when I am pushing.  But anyway, did pullups/dips.  Then did dumb rows, pull downs, flys, other flys, bench, and decline bench.  Did about an hour and got a good workout.  Overall I felt pretty good.  Shoulder felt good with no pain benching and went pretty heavy for me.

Brian

• Administrator

Couch to 5K Week 5, Day 1. Treadmill @ Golf Evolution.

Today was 5:00 walking warmup (3 MPH - it's slow but I still don't see much point in the warmup. I'm usually fiddling with my iPhone anyway), then three 5:00 running segments with two 3:00 walks in between. Grand total (I didn't count the 5:00 cooldown walk) was 5+3+3 = 11:00 walking and 15:00 running. I ended up traveling 2.1 miles. I only ran at a 10:00 pace with about two to three minutes (including the last 60 seconds, which I always try to push up a little bit) at 6.5 MPH (9:14 pace).

Left calf definitely not 100%. Going to ice it tonight. It's not below 85% - I'm not really in any pain, I just notice that it's not 100% - right calf is okay. It's simply adjusting to form - more mid-foot to fore-foot running. I mix in some heel striking when I need to use muscles differently, but even my current heel striking is not as bad as when I first started running).

The treadmill sucks for two reasons.

1. There's no fan nearby. I should buy one. Plus the building is pretty warm. Ugh.

2. The stupid clock. It's sooooo much easier to run when there's no clock.

http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/62224704

http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11361603

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Noticed this thread a couple weeks ago but just got back from holidays and I am going to start posting my workouts and goals.

Doing Starting Strength routine. Last night did:

3 x 5 Heavy Squats

3 x 5 Bench Press

1 x 5 Deadlift

My current weight is 210lbs, my goal for May 1st is 185lbs. I am going to try to increase my weight on my lifts but it will be tough at a calorie deficit. Worst case scenario I would like my lifts to stay the same. I am not doing any cardio. Also cutting my alcohol intake drastically.

Just trying to get lean and mean for golf season!

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

3 miles no walking and no watch!  The most technical thought was to look at the horizon.  I can't let this turn into golf!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by slabm7

Noticed this thread a couple weeks ago but just got back from holidays and I am going to start posting my workouts and goals.

Doing Starting Strength routine. Last night did:

3 x 5 Heavy Squats

3 x 5 Bench Press

1 x 5 Deadlift

My current weight is 210lbs, my goal for May 1st is 185lbs. I am going to try to increase my weight on my lifts but it will be tough at a calorie deficit. Worst case scenario I would like my lifts to stay the same. I am not doing any cardio. Also cutting my alcohol intake drastically.

Just trying to get lean and mean for golf season!

Just wanted to comment here.  A year and half ago I was in the same boat.  Got sort of serious about it.  Dropped the alcohol, eat a never ending stream of meat and veggies and cut everything else.  Today I am right at 180 down from 210.  Stronger than ever and feeling great.  Better shape at 41 than I was at 21.  Good for you, you can do it.  Won't happen overnight, but it was easier than I thought it would be. Good luck.

Originally Posted by iacas

Couch to 5K Week 5, Day 1. Treadmill @ Golf Evolution.

Today was 5:00 walking warmup (3 MPH - it's slow but I still don't see much point in the warmup. I'm usually fiddling with my iPhone anyway), then three 5:00 running segments with two 3:00 walks in between. Grand total (I didn't count the 5:00 cooldown walk) was 5+3+3 = 11:00 walking and 15:00 running. I ended up traveling 2.1 miles. I only ran at a 10:00 pace with about two to three minutes (including the last 60 seconds, which I always try to push up a little bit) at 6.5 MPH (9:14 pace).

Left calf definitely not 100%. Going to ice it tonight. It's not below 85% - I'm not really in any pain, I just notice that it's not 100% - right calf is okay. It's simply adjusting to form - more mid-foot to fore-foot running. I mix in some heel striking when I need to use muscles differently, but even my current heel striking is not as bad as when I first started running).

The treadmill sucks for two reasons.

1. There's no fan nearby. I should buy one. Plus the building is pretty warm. Ugh.

2. The stupid clock. It's sooooo much easier to run when there's no clock.

http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/62224704

http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11361603

Suggestion Erik.  Put a towel over the display.  I hate staring at the time.  It just drags.  But regardless running outside is so much better.

Brian

Went to the gym tonight.  Felt ok.  A little sluggish.

Did shoulder front raises, upright rows, millitary presses, side raises.  Then curls, two varieties.  Went to the treadmill, felt really tight running so kind of mixed it up.  Walked backwards to stretch a bit, ran.  Only did 1.2 miles.  Then stretch a ton.  My quads and calfs are hurting from Monday.

Brian

Worked out in the garage tonight

3 x 5 Squats

3 x 5 Standing Press

3 x 5 Pendlay Rows

I sure can tell I am eating at a calorie deficit, I did 20lbs more on my squats 3 weeks ago and felt like I had more energy then I did tonight. But the rest of the workout felt great. And the only problem with working out in the garage is I get pre occupied between sets with my golf clubs!

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

• Administrator

Just did week 5, day 2 of #c25k! Pleased with results. May take a week or 10 days off for calf. Redo week 5 then. Maybe I'll bike or do something that doesn't stress the ol' soleus quite so much. It recovers quickly, but I'm not getting any better, and if anything, it's getting slightly worse each time. I don't want to be one of those "overdoes it" idiots, so a break is in order. A break from running, anyway.
I really, really like running in the cold. That may change when the roads aren't clear anymore, but for now, I like the cold air and feel that I can keep my breath longer with a lower heart rate. I warmed up (walked) for 5:00, ran for 8:00, walked for 5:00, and ran for 8:00 again. My running paces were about 9:15 both times, with instantaneous paces as low as 7:27 and 8:13 in each section respectively (likely slight downhills).
The route is only 2 miles so I had to modify it on the fly when I realized I'd get back to my house after only about 21 minutes.'
http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/62431632
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11412069

Tried a new routine today.  Friday is my Heavy day.  Today tried to find my 20 rep max for each exercise.  IF you get to 15 and can't finish, drop down a weight until you can complete 20.  IF getting to 20 was easy and you feel like you can do 25, start over with a heavier weight.  Sort of weird, but you end up doing several reps of heavy weight.

500 meter row for time

then...

dbl thrusters         first one was a disappointment.  couldn't finish with 53's dropped to 44

Snatches (10 r+l)  another let down, couldn't finish with 70, had to drop to 62

dbl cleans            62's here

dbl kb bench        press another disappointment, much harder than I thought.  44's, couldn't finish with 53

Farmer lunges      final disappointment, 53.  I can do 62's but I was gassed

Then 75 Knees to Elbow

20 reps of something heavy is a lot!  I overestimated myself, but this was a good workout.

Todays workout

3 x 5 heavy squats

3 x 5 bench

1 x 5 deadlift

Had a good workout, had no problem completing my weights and will add weight on Monday.

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8