Your Workout Today

iacas

15 minutes of strength this am followed by a metabolic butt kicker

3 rounds of

10 Pullups

double squats, move up in wt each time, started with 44's ended with 62's

50 Russian twist with a 35lb kb

Then....For Time

Double KettleBells (35 for men 20's for wm)

30 dbl snatches

40 dbl push press

50 dbl high pulls

60 farmers lunges

I finished in 9:11

Lung/Leg burner, ouch!

• Administrator

Week 5 Day 3 of Run5K (nee Couch to 5K app). Today was Run 8:00, walk 2:00, Run 10:00. I obviously got 2:49 of the warmup and cool-down walking.
Felt really good. I averaged between 9:00 and 9:45 or so in both segments (since I averaged 10:04 including 4:49 walking) and that's pretty good. I tried to maintain pace going up a fairly good (for me, right now) sized hill and succeeded. I slowed at the top and the first little bit coming down to catch up a little, but finished strong.
I could probably push myself a *little* harder but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure I am capable of sensing, say, 0.5 MPH faster or :30 faster, and I'm afraid I'd try to run 1.5 MPH faster or 1:30 faster or something if I tried to go a bit more.
When I'm running without walk breaks and I have my Garmin 610, perhaps I'll be better able to do that.
http://www.fitocracy.com/view_workout/2604148/
http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/63688160
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11653703

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Forgot to write it down from yesterday.

Heavy day

4x3 go up in weight each time

Russian swings

1/2 Turkish Get ups

strict toes to bar

Snatches

KB bench press

Power planks (80lbs 1min 15 sec)

Farmers Lunges

Sore today!   Merry Xmas

Merry Christmas all!!!

Workouts.  Thursday.  I did a bunch of millitary presses.  Maybe 6 sets.  Then did back to back to back things on the cables.  All kinds of stuff.  Pull downs using the back, tri extensions, rotating stuff using the core, rotating using the back of the shoulder, curls.  Shoulder started barking this week so I'm going to back off my lifting starting my new year.  Then did a run on Saturday.  Short, maybe 2 or 3 miles.  Had milk and cereal before.  DO not eat dairy before excercise.  I felt terrible.  Then Sunday did a 1.5 mile run just to get out and enjoy the weather.

Brian

3.3 miles ugly style.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

A little bit of a strength workout before the met con.  Took about 10-15 min.

Needed a partner to do this one.  Glute raises.  Basically someone holds your ankles down, while you are on your knees, you fall down to push up postion, then raise yourself up using your glutes while keeping your torso straight.  Hard to explain and hard to do  4x10

Dbl Push Press 4x3 53, 63, 70lbs

Toes to Bar 4 x 15

Then for time...

Reverse ladder of 15,12,9,6,3

Cleans R+L

Burpees

Swing Catch & Strict Press

Sumo Dead lift High Pull

62lbs kettlebell

14:15 was my time

9-7-5

Muslce ups

135 lb snatch

18:39

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator

Week 6, Day 1 of the now 8-week Run5K app.
Pacing was blah. I hung around 9:00 and 9:40 it seems for the two segments. 18:00 was running, so 4:09 was walking. The "big" hill on Amherst is the biggest climb and it's probably a full 60 to 70 seconds, so that halts me at the end.
I could probably have pushed myself a little harder but I'm not worried about that. I'm just trying to do the program. When I start to run consecutively (and with the Garmin ForeRunner 610) I'll worry about my instant pace. For now, again, if I run for the entire run segment and don't stop, and I keep it under 10:00 pace, I'm calling it a success.
Icing the left calf. Will probably do this a few times over the next few days, not just right after the run and that's it. It's not getting worse but I'd like it to improve faster, too.
I like running when it's cold out, but then again, 39 isn't exactly cold.
http://www.fitocracy.com/view_workout/2642242/
http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/63967638
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11695060

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

After warming up, 3 set of 15 of kipping pullups chest to bar and 3 set of Farmers lunges with 44s and 53s

Then 2 rounds for time of

20 dbl russian swings

20 dbl squats

20 dbl high pulls

20 dbl squats (again)

20 renegade rows

40 sit ups

I used 40 lb kbells

15:15 was my time.  Feel worked....

3 @ 10:05...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

Week 6 Day 2 of Run 5K. I'm looking forward to Saturday: run 20:00.
Pace was pretty good considering this one has 6:30 of walking included in the pace with 18:00 running. I think averaging 10:32 over that span is pretty good.
I didn't think about form much at all except to run on my forefoot for about a minute when I was passing another couple who seemed to be doing C25K and briefly when I tried the "running with the core" style. Coincidentally, my calf feels better today than it has after any previous run in the last six or seven runs. I'm probably *barely* a heel striker to very close to a pure mid-foot striker at this point, and I'm okay with that. I do know the effect is far less jarring than originally, and my earbuds don't bounce around in my ears like they used to. So I give myself credit there.
Okay, two days to 20:00 straight. I'll miss the one-minute walks if for no other reason than they provided a change. 20:00 of running? Meh. :-) I'll queue up some good music I guess.
http://www.fitocracy.com/view_workout/2675383/
http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/64177994
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11732139

• Administrator

Week 6 Day 3 of Run 5K. This was the "run for 20:00 without stopping" phase. I'm happy with how I did.
I didn't feel particularly great before or after I ran today. I still recover fairly well, but I just didn't "have it" today. I was a little tired, a little bit sore, and I couldn't adjust my music volume because the old iPod Shuffle doesn't support the headphone controls. It was cold, spitting a little bit of rain, and a bit windy.
I feel good though - I averaged 9:40 for the whole run and ran the last split (half mile splits) at 4:27 pace. Actually splits were 4:26, 4:50, 5:04, 5:06, and 1:47 (for the last 0.2).
I may break from Run5K a little bit and simply keep extending runs by a minute or two until I'm running 30 to 32 minutes consecutively. I have two weeks left in the program but week seven still has some walking.
Oh, cadence held really steady at 81 (162). It could be a bit higher but probably not at my slow pace. That's probably right where it should be.
You never regret putting your shoes on and going for a run when you're relaxing after getting back to your house. :)
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137780250
http://www.fitocracy.com/view_workout/2714058/
http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/64396083
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11765735