IGNORED

Become a Supporter!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since you're a member here there is a good chance you're addicted to this great game as I am and want to stay connected to golf even when you're off the course.  The Sand Trap is a great place to come to share your opinions, get in depth information about the golf swing, read up on the latest equipment and just be around fellow golf nuts.

To enhance your experience on The Sand Trap I'd like to invite everyone to become a Supporter Member.  The Supporter Program is ideal for individual golfers who want to get more out of the community, the forums, and our Sponsors and Insiders. We're exited about it so much that in our recent President's Cup Contest , the winner becomes a Supporter Member until the end of February.  Becoming a Supporter Member helps us continue to provide a quality platform and enviroment for all of us to enjoy.  The site is getting better and better and we've got a lot more contests on the way.  So sign up and show support for the Sand Trap community and your fellow members.

For an annual subscription of $39, a small price to pay, you get these additional features:

• Browse The Sand Trap .com ad-free if you choose (increases site speed, reduces distractions!)
  • Gain access to a private forum - "The Locker Room" - with exclusive product giveaways, contests and discounts.
  • Gain access to a private instructional forum - "The Instruction Bay" - with up to about an hour of in-depth analysis by forum founder and Golf Evolution, PGA instructor Erik J. Barzeski and yours truly Mike Mc Loughlin(mvmac)
  • Add a custom user title under profile photo
  • A small " Supporter " badge appears below username.
  • Save 20% on Scorecard from Cynical Peak software.
  • Save 20% on Analyzr - Pro or Student versions.
  • Post up to nine (9) Classified ads in our Marketplace each month. Classifieds will be highlighted and you can bump them every 24 hours instead of every 72.
  • Total Value is $100 to $200!

Huge thanks to the existing Supporters

mikelegacy

BrianJ

Stretch

boogielicious

enis750

JetFan1983

Zeph

shortstop20

Phil McGleno

TourSpoon

Shindig

If you're interested in signing up, send @mvmac or @iacas a PM.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the reviews and the advise about equipment have saved me much more than the cost of a membership. I'd like to see this community thrive.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by mvmac

mikelegacy

BrianJ

Stretch

boogielicious

enis750

JetFan1983

Zeph

shortstop20

Phil McGleno

TourSpoon

Shindig

What a bunch of suckers.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

• Administrator

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I think the reviews and the advise about equipment have saved me much more than the cost of a membership. I'd like to see this community thrive.

Thanks! If we get enough supporters we'll look to have supporter-only contests and as many other cool things as we can.

Thanks for your support.

P.S. Badges take an hour or so to show up sometimes. They'll show up though, eventually.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If I can give an honest review though for a second...

The primary reason I am a supporter is because this website has saved me untold amounts of frustration out on the golf course. Erik also helped me find my current instructor, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I came here as a complete golf newb and now, I'm able to enjoy this great game and play regular length golf courses. None of this happened over night, and I probably deserve a lot of the credit simply for having the ability to listen, learn and put my ego aside, but clearly, the information I've found here from the instructors and many of the members has been invaluable towards getting me on the right path -- both in the way I think about golf and the way I practice.

Also, the equipment information, getting to vent about stuff going on on the pro tours, discussing rules, chattering in golf talk... that's been a blast.

This place is great whether you are a supporter or not. The Swing Thoughts Forum and the Instruction and Playing Tips Forum are awesome and everyone gets to partake in those for free. I just wanted to give a little something back to help the site.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Like it here alot more than golfwrx.  People are not so fast to ban someone for 3 months for expressing their opinion and actually allow open discussion.  Well worth the 39.00.  I paid it gladly now ban me please.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Originally Posted by poser

Like it here alot more than golfwrx.  People are not so fast to ban someone for 3 months for expressing their opinion and actually allow open discussion.  Well worth the 39.00.  I paid it gladly now ban me please.

I agree.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Thanks, great to hear! We are going to be keeping the reviews coming, I'm going to have an Ping Anser iron review coming soon.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

If I can give an honest review though for a second...

The primary reason I am a supporter is because this website has saved me untold amounts of frustration out on the golf course. Erik also helped me find my current instructor, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I came here as a complete golf newb and now, I'm able to enjoy this great game and play regular length golf courses. None of this happened over night, and I probably deserve a lot of the credit simply for having the ability to listen, learn and put my ego aside, but clearly, the information I've found here from the instructors and many of the members has been invaluable towards getting me on the right path -- both in the way I think about golf and the way I practice.

Also, the equipment information, getting to vent about stuff going on on the pro tours, discussing rules, chattering in golf talk... that's been a blast.

This place is great whether you are a supporter or not. The Swing Thoughts Forum and the Instruction and Playing Tips Forum are awesome and everyone gets to partake in those for free. I just wanted to give a little something back to help the site.

Appreciate the support Jetfan!

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Where else can you get such tough love for just $39 a year?!  Count me in.

Awesome!  We have tough love in abundance around here.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Where else can you get such tough love for just $39 a year?!  Count me in.

If you pay an additional $19.95 you can get the optional S& T M add-on package for really tough love.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

If you pay an additional $19.95 you can get the optional S&TM; add-on package for really tough love.

I didn't see that option.  Are ball gags included or do you have to bring your own?

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

• Administrator
Originally Posted by poser

I didn't see that option.  Are ball gags included or do you have to bring your own?

BYOBG. It'd be impossible to stock all the kinds of ball gags out there. Titleist, Srixon, TaylorMade... Just too many.

Appreciate the information. I'll gladly throw in my $39 (less than a lost-cause dozen of Pentas) next week.

Keep up the great work guys (Erik and co.)

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Spyder

Appreciate the information. I'll gladly throw in my $39 (less than a lost-cause dozen of Pentas) next week.

Keep up the great work guys (Erik and co.)

Thanks Spyder. I like when you post because I get to chuckle at your avatar.

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by mvmac

Gain access to a private instructional forum - "The Instruction Bay" - with up to about an hour of in-depth analysis by forum founder and Golf Evolution, PGA instructor Erik J. Barzeski and yours truly Mike Mc Loughlin(mvmac)

Can this part be done at the time of my choosing? I ask because the only thing (aside from a decent camera) keeping me from signing up for evolvr is I'm concerned that my lack of time (father of two younguns) will prevent me from using it enough to justify paying for it. I would be willing to help support the TST site though.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Can this part be done at the time of my choosing? I ask because the only thing (aside from a decent camera) keeping me from signing up for evolvr is I'm concerned that my lack of time (father of two younguns) will prevent me from using it enough to justify paying for it. I would be willing to help support the TST site though.

You post in a thread there when you have the time. We post back. An hour is roughly four separate analyses but they may take a week for us to do them and they will mostly just involve images and written text. And if you ask a lot of follow-up questions, it might just be 3 or 2.

BTW, wait until tomorrow for the Supporter thing. Should be a no-brainer then.

Originally Posted by iacas

BTW, wait until tomorrow for the Supporter thing. Should be a no-brainer then.

Ok, guess I'd be a fool to ignore that statement!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!