IGNORED

My Swing (bmartin461)

bmartin461
Note: This thread is 2444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6i Face On.

Looks like I'm still casting a bit. Happy with Key #1.

Comments?

I would say you look pretty good here with key 1 and alittle bit of key 2.  When I freeze it at impact your weight appears to be pretty much all forward (only your back toes are on the ground) as well.  And it looks like you are right about the key 3 stuff.  Your clubhead has passed your hands (slightly) at impact.  So while it looks like your weight is all on your front side ... I think that your front side isn't forward enough.  I think that you to need get your hips further forward, like this .

I'm thinking maybe this drill would help.

No idea if these are you priorities, but just my observations. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would say you look pretty good here with key 1 and alittle bit of key 2.  When I freeze it at impact your weight appears to be pretty much all forward (only your back toes are on the ground) as well.  And it looks like you are right about the key 3 stuff.  Your clubhead has passed your hands (slightly) at impact.  So while it looks like your weight is all on your front side ... I think that your front side isn't forward enough.  I think that you to need get your hips further forward, like [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/29616/the-biggest-secret-slide-your-hips/0_30]this[/URL]. I'm thinking maybe [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/35686/eriks-hips-forward-pre-set-drill-video/0_30]this drill[/URL] would help. No idea if these are you priorities, but just my observations. :)

Thanks for the feedback. In fact I was practicing that same drill that you included after taking this video. I can feel it in my left quad for sure when done right. When I swing I feel like I'm moving the hips forward but video proves me wrong. Need to work on the slide some more. Brad

• 1 year later...

I haven't posted a swing video in a long time.  Working on right heal pressure and arm/shoulder/back turning together.

Feels pretty good, still have the tendency to get too quick on the back swing.

I haven't posted a swing video in a long time.  Working on right heal pressure and arm/shoulder/back turning together. Feels pretty good, still have the tendency to get too quick on the back swing.

What's your ball flight like?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Looking pretty good. The backswing looks very good.

From that angle it does look like you are getting a bit steep in the downswing. The club head is a bit outside the hands at A6.

I would say try to shallow out that clubshaft in transition a bit. I think you could benefit from this video as well. Looks like you are getting a bit stalled out and flipping a tad.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Looking pretty good. The backswing looks very good.

From that angle it does look like you are getting a bit steep in the downswing. The club head is a bit outside the hands at A6.

I would say try to shallow out that clubshaft in transition a bit. I think you could benefit from this video as well. Looks like you are getting a bit stalled out and flipping a tad.

Thanks for the feedback and the video.  I think with all the backswing and transition focus, I have forgotten the turn and jump part of it.  I'll do some intentional practice to get that feel back.

• 1 month later...

My current self-imposed priority is to get my driver consistent enough to rely on.  when I analyze my rounds and where my strokes are going, off the tee is killing me.

My current miss is left, hard left, I almost never slice these days.   I think my issue is tempo related, but I really don't have any idea.

I would welcome any feedback related to what I should focus on first, obviously there is probably more than one thing wrong here. :whistle:

Question, does OTT cause the lack of straight arm on the impact shot below?

The first pic is my back swing, on plane with my setup angle.

On the downswing, it becomes steep, I think I need to work on flattening this out?

Result: Looks like I am unconsciously trying to recover from hitting the ground by bending my left elbow?

Thoughts?

Brad

• 1 month later...

Working on my priority item still, trying to keep the right leg flex in sync with the downswing.  I have a tendency to reflex it way too soon.

Driver DTL

Driver FO:

• Administrator

Driver DTL

Watch that your weight isn't too far into the heels. Back up a teeny bit and just change your posture enough (usually extending your knees slightly) to move the weight a bit toward your toes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watch that your weight isn't too far into the heels. Back up a teeny bit and just change your posture enough (usually extending your knees slightly) to move the weight a bit toward your toes.

I made this adjustment today when playing 9 holes, it made a big difference in my driving, both with accuracy and contact.

Thanks for the help!

Brad

• Administrator

I made this adjustment today when playing 9 holes, it made a big difference in my driving, both with accuracy and contact.

Thanks for the help!

Brad

You're welcome. Glad you had a good day!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 5 months later...

Updated swing videos.  

Current driver swing thought is drive the left shoulder down, that's the only thought right now.

My iron swing thought is, straight right leg:

Any and all comments welcome.

Brad

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Started with a new instructor yesterday, they have Trackman and all the automatic video setups which is pretty cool.

My first lesson involved moving my feet wider apart, straightening my legs and bending over at the hips more (closer to the ball).  The changes were dramatic, ball striking improved immediately.  I hope I can work these changes into the game.

Edited by bmartin461
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!