IGNORED

Does President Obama play too much Golf?

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 4188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

More of Romney Day 1, or "Why I Don't Have Time to Golf"

''Well, this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already. But he had them.''

β€”Mitt Romney, confused about the mass shooting in a Colorado movie theater, in which the gunman legally obtained all of his weapons and tactical gear, NBC News interview, July 25, 2012

NOTE TO NRA: Apparently, Romney is for Gun Control

Or maybe he was confused.

Another Day 1 Dilemma - Play Golf or ... Read up on Gun Laws.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Gosh, that's the thing with most conservatives in this era.

They don't care about facts, placing a situation in context, or being realistic.

At least moderates and some liberals can admit, we're not perfect and Obama made mistakes - we all do. Of course, there are mistakes and there are MISTAKES. Take Bush 43 - MISTAKES. Obama's Mistakes, in my view, were not embracing an imperial presidency, and not schmoozing and romancing the opposition enough - to have them buy in. Don't know if the GOP would have bought in since McConnell stated before Obama took office that his only intent was to defeat Obama in 4 years - and engaged in a daily strategy to thwart any progress the American people asked for and/or needed.

So this daily barrage of hate for Obama has resulted in setting aside any facts and jumping on any mis-step and blowing it up to 9/11 standards. The GOP doesn't want you to play politics with them, but they will play it at every opportunity - their message is clear - "We will smash this President. We want power."

Their message of blame is consistent and simple, and devoid of facts.

It serves their purpose.

People don't want complex even though it is a complex world. They want comfort.

So conservatives can't help it - when it comes to values, they will embrace their own. They are not generally open-minded individuals. It takes a lot to open their minds. And when they are barraged with a daily dose of hate, well, any sense of reasonableness is doomed.

You cannot reason with these conservatives.

You vote, and get others out to vote.

___

And as a note, I considered Romney carefully, looked at his program, his words, his actions, his history, and thought he could help - as Secretary of Commerce, or as a Czar of Government Reform - but not as President.

What are you rambling about?Β  Who are the conservatives your are referring.Β  Hopefully you are not pointing at me.

I just don't like the golfing aspect of presidents (past, present, and future).

Originally Posted by David in FL

Ah yes. I'm sure that there're tens of thousands of undecided "real" moderates out there just waiting to see who Colin Powell is going to endorse. As if there was ever any doubt.

If there's anyone less relevant than Donald Trump, it might just be Colin Powell.

You exemplify the meanness of many on the Right. Colin Powell should be someone you admire and respect. He has been a loyal part of a number of Republican administrations including Reagan and both Bush's and was Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staffs. He served in Vietnam and is a highly decorated soldier. Yet you feel the need to demean him because he's not afraid to be his own man. It makes you look petty and small minded.

Conversely, look at John McCain, another man to be admired. As a liberal I disagree with many of this policies and am disappointed that he went so far to the right in 2008 but I still admire and respect him as a person who served admirably and has shown to work across the aisle.

(Edit: I see that k-troop has already eloquently stated these same thoughts.)

I almost regret saying this, but I'd love to hear how Donald Trump has more relevance in political discourse than Colin Powell. Β Colin Powell was CJCS, National Security Advisor, and Secretary of State. Β He worked at the most senior levels of foreign policy for administrations of both parties. Β He's an inner-city kid who made it without a single iota of assistance from anyone; nor did he win a political lottery. Β (Obama certainly wasn't born into his position, but I'll concede that he rose to his status mostly due to luck of being in the right place at the right time in our country.)Β  Let's not forget thatColin Powell was opposed from the Iraq war from the beginning, and when the decision was made to go, he fought for the most possible troops to get the job done right. Β His CINC made a decision that he disagreed with, but the American public never knew about it at the time. Β He didn't leak information, nor did he try to torpedo the mission from the inside. Β He went to the UN and executed the mission he was given with every ounce of professionalism and skill he could muster, as any good staff officer would do. Colin Powell could have been Vice President for either party, and they would have been grateful and lucky to have him. Β He would have been an unassailable choice and a boost to any ticket. Β He couldn't run as a democrat, and he would no longer serve a Republican party that no longer represented Republicans. Β  Colin Powell is a hero, statesman, and role model for every person in every station of life. Β Donald Trump is a joke. Β A very rich joke, but a joke nonetheless.

I should have qualified my statement a little better. Colin Powell's endorsement is no more relevant than that of that of Trump. I always have and continue to admire the man, especially his military career.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I should have qualified my statement a little better. Colin Powell's endorsement is no more relevant than that of that of Trump.

I always have and continue to admire the man, especially his military career.

Just keep digging, eventually you'll hit bottom.

Just keep digging, eventually you'll hit bottom.

Because you don't agree with me politically? Not, concerned.

In David's bag....

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind

I should have qualified my statement a little better. Colin Powell's endorsement is no more relevant than that of that of Trump.

The simple fact that you think this isn't a huge insult to Colin Powell is pretty telling.

I don't agree about Trump's endorsement as I can't imagine anyone with a brain respects him as a political operative but thanks for your retake on General Powell.

[INDENT][/INDENT][quote name="dave67az" url="/t/54663/does-president-obama-play-too-much-golf/306#post_780416"] The simple fact that you think this isn't a huge insult to Colin Powell is pretty telling. [/quote] How so?

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by dave67az

The simple fact that you think this isn't a huge insult to Colin Powell is pretty telling.

How so?

Seriously?Β  You say that his endorsement has no relevance, then you try to say you admire the man?

And you don't understand how this is a huge insult.

I'm not even going to waste my time on that one.Β  If you can't understand the definition of "admire" I can't help you dude.

I feel bad for re-vitalizing this thread.Β  All I wanted to do was vent a little about my frustration about Obama playing too much golf at Andrews AFB.Β  (my opinion, not a fact, so don't bother arguing how I feel - because you don't know me.Β  You have your own opinions on that subject.Β  Some agree with me, some don't.Β  You can voice your opinion but don't judge me because I have my own opinion.)

Regarding the off topic stuff...the debate between left and right is never ending.Β  Can we agree to disagree and move on?

Seriously?Β  You say that his endorsement has no relevance, then you try to say you admire the man? And you don't understand how this is a huge insult. I'm not even going to waste my time on that one.Β  If you can't understand the definition of "admire" I can't help you dude.

I admire my wife too, but her endorsement isn't going to be relevant either. Speaking of understanding definitions though, I assume you understand that in this context, relevance refers to whether the endorsement will have an influence on any statistically significant number of voters. Right?

In David's bag....

I laughed. Out loud.

Bill M

Originally Posted by reflection

I feel bad for re-vitalizing this thread.Β  All I wanted to do was vent a little about my frustration about Obama playing too much golf at Andrews AFB.Β  (my opinion, not a fact, so don't bother arguing how I feel - because you don't know me.Β  You have your own opinions on that subject.Β  Some agree with me, some don't.Β  You can voice your opinion but don't judge me because I have my own opinion.)

Regarding the off topic stuff...the debate between left and right is never ending.Β  Can we agree to disagree and move on?

Don't feel bad, maybe some lightheartedness will help:

"When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no -- and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem." –Mitt Romney at a Beverly Hills fundraiser, Sept. 22, 2012

Yes, Mitt, it might be a good idea to crack a window at 35,000 feet.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

I want to vent my frustration at my tax dollars going towards private courses I can't play. Can't an military guy just focus on his job for 20 or so years and then play all the golf he wants?

Originally Posted by reflection

Because you don't agree with me politically? Not, concerned.

I don't know what your political leanings are nor do I care.Β  Why would anyone take you seriously when you equate a true patriot and civil servant's endorsement with that of an attention seeking blowhard?

Especially when you fly over the 57th state.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Don't feel bad, maybe some lightheartedness will help:

"When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no -- and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem." –Mitt Romney at aΒ Beverly Hills fundraiser, Sept. 22, 2012

Yes, Mitt, it might be a good idea to crack a window at 35,000 feet.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by x129

I want to vent my frustration at my tax dollars going towards private courses I can't play. Can't an military guy just focus on his job for 20 or so years and then play all the golf he wants?

You're right.Β  It's not like the job is stressful.Β  It's not like it's a hardship being away from home.Β  It's not like morale is an issue in the military.Β  I'm sure those suicide rates are just a fluke.Β  I think it's a much better idea to eliminate the golf courses that are reserved for military folks, the fitness centers that are reserved for military folks, the enlisted and officer clubs, the bowling centers, the community centers, the football and softball fields...that would save a bunch of money.

Are you freaking SERIOUS???

Note:Β This thread is 4188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!