Jump to content
IGNORED

Jeff Overton Arrested for Yelling out of Limo


Note: This thread is 3401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/12/truth-rumors-jeff-overton-arrested-in-indiana.html

Seems that he has about as much class off the course as he does on it. What a jerk.

We knew that he was a buffoon, but this is a good look, isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What, jerk? C'mon, he's just fiery. Like Bubba Watson isn't stupid, he's just a lovable down-home country boy. :-P
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Meh, not his best moment but I wouldn't label him a jerk from this incident. At least he's not the golfer who publicly stated "Of course people who beieve in God should be ridiculed".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone not driving, acting drunk, and yelling from a car in a college town after a basketball game.... Been a while since I was in college but it doesn't sound very jerk-like to me.

And then there is this from the link...

"Overton appeared at Assembly Hall during the Indiana-Kentucky basketball game to present a $50,000 check to the university to support the Play Golf America University program, the Herald-Times reported."

He may be a jerk but I don't think you can prove it from this evening's behavior when taken in total.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

And then there is this from the link...

"Overton appeared at Assembly Hall during the Indiana-Kentucky basketball game to present a $50,000 check to the university to support the Play Golf America University program, the Herald-Times reported."

He may be a jerk but I don't think you can prove it from this evening's behavior when taken in total.


I was just coming to this thread to post the same quote!

I'm changing the title from "Jeff Overton confirms status as a jerk. Arrested." to whatever it is now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by Kieran123

Meh...we've all been drunk and done stupid things....his just becomes news because of who he is.

Nothing to see here....



Yeah, but we ARE jerks Kieran. Come on man - you know it's true. There are only 2 reasons we aren't sticking our heads out the window and yelling on our way to work. 1.) hypothermia and 2.) the stupid "distracted driver" law!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah, but we ARE jerks Kieran. Come on man - you know it's true. There are only 2 reasons we aren't sticking our heads out the window and yelling on our way to work. 1.) hypothermia and 2.) the stupid "distracted driver" law!



I did yell at a guy on Tuesday. I was going straight through an intersection and he was turning left....he assumed I was turning left too( ??? ) and tried to go...then when he realized I wasn't...he panicked and stopped in the middle of the intersection....

I yelled some mean things - rhymes with 'ducken fumbass'...I am a jerk and I apologize

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

I don't know much about Jeff Overton, why is he considered a jerk on the golf course?



To my knowledge it started when he hit a great shot then tried to sieze that opportunity to fire up his team. It was during the Ryder Cup - shameful behaviour to some I guess. Whatever.

Then he either made some rude comments or behaved rudely after losing a tournament. Might have even happened more than once. He sounds like a bit of a poser and a whiner, but a jerk? Probably a lot of PGA Tour guys are, but Overton just seems to push people's buttons.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by sean_miller

To my knowledge it started when he hit a great shot then tried to sieze that opportunity to fire up his team. It was during the Ryder Cup - shameful behaviour to some I guess. Whatever.

Then he either made some rude comments or behaved rudely after losing a tournament. Might have even happened more than once. He sounds like a bit of a poser and a whiner, but a jerk? Probably a lot of PGA Tour guys are, but Overton just seems to push people's buttons.

Originally Posted by deasy55

That is the most over the top celebration I have ever seen and I can't help but laugh everytime I see it. What a plank


Yes, it is a bit over the top but it is not shameful and doesn't warrant him being called a jerk. Looks like your typical Ryder Cup reaction to me!

I don't think his behaviour is in the John Daly, Tiger Woods or Sergio Garcia category, to name three, yet people seem to love those guys regardless of how they act.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably because those guys can win things

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Yes, it is a bit over the top but it is not shameful and doesn't warrant him being called a jerk. Looks like your typical Ryder Cup reaction to me!

I don't think his behaviour is in the John Daly, Tiger Woods or Sergio Garcia category, to name three, yet people seem to love those guys regardless of how they act.



Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by deasy55

That is the most over the top celebration I have ever seen and I can't help but laugh everytime I see it. What a plank



Come on. It was the Ryder cup, they were two down and he holed out from the fairway. I'd have been disappointed if there wasn't some sort of celebration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All I said was that it was the most over the top celebration I have ever seen in golf (which it is)

Originally Posted by Dave H

Come on. It was the Ryder cup, they were two down and he holed out from the fairway. I'd have been disappointed if there wasn't some sort of celebration.



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Originally Posted by deasy55

All I said was that it was the most over the top celebration I have ever seen in golf (which it is)


I disagree that it was over the top. I wish golf had more of such things. Emotion trumps robots almost every time in my book.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Let's see... how many things can you do on a golf course?  Uh, fling golf, foot golf, regular golf, sled in the winter, ice skate on the ponds, cross-country ski, have keggers, have parties, have sex... the list goes on.  Mary Queen of Scots is turning over in her grave.
    • Tiger’s driving could be more erratic than Jack’s.    Driving: Jack (I think they were equal in distance relative to the equipment they were  playing, but Jack stayed out of the shit) Approach (75-250 yards): Wash. Jack takes the longer end (mainly because of some amazing 1 and 2 iron shots). Tiger takes the shorter end. Short Game: Tiger not close. Putting: Wash. Both of them in pressure situations.    Recovery: Tiger Mental: That’s a wash. Performance under pressure: Both How much better than everyone else was Tiger in his prime vs Jack on his prime? Tiger set the bar so high when he was in his prime that most guys behind him weren’t even in the same time zone let alone, the same tour. Jack was pretty damn good but he wasn’t as dominant as Tiger and that’s where Tiger is so much greater than Jack and that’s what makes him the GOAT.  
    • It seems it would be difficult to get the ball to stop on the green. Bump and run can be judged. But let’s say a 150-170yd…it’d be hard to hurl the ball far enough to get there but with a high enough trajectory to stay on the green. Seems like every shot outside 100yds would have to be a bump and run.
    • For those who have tried golf a few times and find it too frustrating(like my wife), I can see where this might be fun for some. Consider me open minded. But that is coming from a snow boarder and someone who also enjoys disc golf as well.  🙂
    • They probably have to pay the same rates so it won’t hurt the course in that aspect.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. BC-to-MI
      BC-to-MI
      (27 years old)
    2. dannyh
      dannyh
      (35 years old)
    3. Greg 504
      Greg 504
      (50 years old)
    4. Rukus43
      Rukus43
      (35 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...