IGNORED

2012 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro Am Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by nevets88

I'm really tired of complaining about golf telecasts. I wish there were some way all the networks could be subverted and circumvented, a la Netflix Streaming. No disrespect to all the announcers and crew, but the format is just bone dry dead boring. I wish the whole lot could be replaced. Announcers should be rotated every 3 years or so to keep fresh. What these guys have is tenure.

They should bring back Pat Summerall ... his voice is zen.

I made it through a lot of hangovers listening to Pat Summerall.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Did Nick Faldo just say "Tiger has a new shaft in his driver...I've never seen that one before" in regards to the TOUR AD DI shaft he is using? Not only has Tiger been using this shaft for the last two seasons, but there are like 50 other guys that have been using it for years.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Are there any online streams of the coverage?

Odyssey white Hot 2 ball cut down to 29"

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*
TourEdge Bazooka 20* hybrid
Powerbilt forged combo 3-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 56 wedges

Charlie is going steadily along, doing his business. Lots of big names trailing though, he'll be in for a run tomorrow, that's for sure.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does NBC not have camera's set up in courses besides Pebble? They could at least show a bit of Wi, Dustin, Paddy, etc. I love watching Tiger as much as the next guy but I like at least a little variety besides him and the celebrities.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Does NBC not have camera's set up in courses besides Pebble? They could at least show a bit of Wi, Dustin, Paddy, etc. I love watching Tiger as much as the next guy but I like at least a little variety besides him and the celebrities.

Yeah, today was almost exclusively Tiger, the celebrities, and a little bit of Phil. I turned it off a little but ago, but I can't remember seeing much of Wi at all.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I have been watching the whole day and unless my head was down they haven't shown Wi yet. Tiger looks pretty good though!
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I have been watching the whole day and unless my head was down they haven't shown Wi yet. Tiger looks pretty good though!

They showed his highlights (possibly after you had posted), which means he got the same treatment as Tiger did the last two days. As I said upthread, it was CBS's decision to restrict live coverage to the Pebble Beach course.

theyve been at pebble all week though, so its not that they have just decided to not show wi is it?

also may be a daft question but what happens if (in the very unlikely circumstances) the team makes the cut but the professional doesnt?

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Re: am making cut, but not pro. I was wondering the same thing.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Anyone get a face on view of Woods' swing @ PB? Is his head moving back on the backswing as much as it did, I dunno, 6 months ago?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

theyve been at pebble all week though, so its not just they have just decided to not show wi is it?

No, they have been playing at [url=http://www.pgatour.com/2011/tournaments/r005/02/06/inside.the.course/index.html]three different courses[/url] over the past three days. They only have live coverage of the golfers playing Pebble Beach; they just show recorded highlights of golfers playing Spyglass or Monterey. Wi played Spyglass today, so they didn't show him. He got a lot of camera time yesterday, when he played Pebble. Tiger, Phil, Bill Murray et al played Pebble today, so they were on live today, but only in highlights the previous two days. [quote] also may be a daft question but what happens if (in the very unlikely circumstances) the team makes the cut but the professional doesnt? [/quote] Then the pro continues to play for the pro-am contest, but is out of the PGA contest.

Th, Fr, & most of today's coverage s•cks. Soooo many commercials & celebs. Thak goodness for my DVR.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Anyone get a face on view of Woods' swing @ PB? Is his head moving back on the backswing as much as it did, I dunno, 6 months ago?

Seems to me his head is not moving away from the target as much on the backswing, but is still dropping quite a bit on the downswing. He took a big divot with a teed-up three-wood on one of the holes, and had the shortest drive of the day.

Originally Posted by brocks

No, they have been playing at three different courses over the past three days. They only have live coverage of the golfers playing Pebble Beach; they just show recorded highlights of golfers playing Spyglass or Monterey. Wi played Spyglass today, so they didn't show him. Tiger, Phil, Bill Murray et al played Pebble, so they were on camera.

yes i know haha, thats what i was saying, by 'they' i meant the tv cameras, i was saying that 'they' have been at pebble all week showing live coverage and not at the other courses

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 4457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!