IGNORED

Cleveland Classic Driver

Domenic
Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you think?

• Handsome
    • Wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it
    • Looking to buy

Honestly, I did not like the look of it when I first saw the picture of it but I tried it in the store the other day and thought it looked really good.  It seemed to set up really well and it didn't hurt that I hit it well (at least according to the launch monitors).  I have a 910D2 right now, so I'm not really looking for a new driver, but I suppose if I was I would at the very least consider buying this one...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the idea but the gold is a little much for my taste. I understand it's to make it like an old style driver but I just think it's too much. I do like cg black quite a bit and if I were in the market for a driver I'd probably give it a look.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post

I think the other threads about this driver included photos or video (and spell checking).

Ha!

cleveland-classic-driver.jpg

Quote:

I like this driver, but a 400+ cc metal driver is hardly similar to a sub 150 cc wooden headed driver from the 1920s. It just isn't.

Seems to follow the same marketing strategy as their other old timeyesque clubs like the niblick and calling their hybrid a mashie.

Having said that, I love my Cleveland driver and hybrids (pre-mashie).

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I think the other threads about this driver included photos or video (and spell checking).

But, you're still PHYSCED aren't you.

I think think it looks hideous. The bright red drivers were always the ugliest and this one is appealing to those who think they like "old school" but have never actually seen old school.

At least they haven't engraved pretend screws into the face.

I am a believer in form following function. This is the opposite.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I hit one and didn't like it at all. The sound wasn't great and I couldn't get used to the red. Then again, I've only hit a persimmon driver a handful of time, so I'm far from the intended audience.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Shorty

Flames, stripes and bright colours function better?

Even the weird shaped spaceship drivers are all about aesthetics.

You've talked me into it ... I'm buying a Cleveland Classic.

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Flames, stripes and bright colours function better?

Er ......no.

What would make you think that I believe that?

I'm saying that metal is metal and wood is wood.

I wouldn't have wood-grain ceramic tiles or aluminium with a wood grained texture. Or a  faux "suede" paint finish on a wall.

Er ......no.

What would make you think that I believe that?

Every current driver has ugly as f*** graphics that have nothing to do with function.

At least this one doesn't try to look like Darth Vader ... but say no more, you've convinced me ... I've put in my order.

I like it even though I have no desire whatsoever to hit one.  It's got that persimmon wood motif going on which is a bit of nostalgia for me.  When I got into golf, the industry was just making the move to metal woods, so a lot of players were still using persimmon woods.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

But, you're still PHYSCED aren't you.

I think think it looks hideous. The bright red drivers were always the ugliest and this one is appealing to those who think they like "old school" but have never actually seen old school.

At least they haven't engraved pretend screws into the face.

I saw one of those bright red drivers at the Golf Dome yesterday. what are they?..........and exuse me for misspelling a word that's not even in the dictionary. (BTW I won my school spelling bee, so yeah)

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Just saw one in person at Golftown. F-ing gorgeous, light as a feather.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Domenic

I saw one of those bright red drivers at the Golf Dome yesterday. what are they?..........and exuse me for misspelling a word that's not even in the dictionary. (BTW I won my school spelling bee, so yeah)

It's not the fact that you aren't aware that the word "psyched" is related to "psychology" or "psychosis" or "psycopath",and therefore don't know how to use a dictionary but the fact that you wrote something where the first part  rhymes with "fizz" when you meant something completely different, thinking it rhymes with "my". Bit of a difference.

I was just waiting for you to claim that you were a good English student. Says more about the competition than it does about you. Your spelling is very poor.

You wrote proffesional twice in your OP and I could identify 60 other spelling errors (not typos) in your last 20 posts, but that's not the point. As for grammar, well......there's a whole new pile of problems...but, you're 13. I'm not trying to be the spelling cop, but just pointing something out that is part and parcel of your abrasive manner.

It's not a big deal to be a poor speller at your age, but, predictably, you deny and deny and make claims which don't hold up under scrutiny.

The best way to improve spelling and improve your vocabulary is to read more, but, unfortunately your apparent choice of reading matter is part of the problem.

Oh....forgot..... I'm sure that the new Clevaland Classic driver looks quite nice. I've only seen photos of them.

The fact that people refer to "gold' when they're probably talking about what is supposed to look like brass has me a bit worried. Might be a little glitzy.

whatever, no harm no fould, back on topic. I was watching some persimmon driver vids on youtube and they sound GREAT and look awesome. does ane1 still play them? maybe some lesser known co.s still make em. I would like to buy one. that would be cool.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

whatever, no harm no fould, back on topic. I was watching some persimmon driver vids on youtube and they sound GREAT and look awesome. does ane1 still play them? maybe some lesser known co.s still make em. I would like to buy one. that would be cool.

Here you go: http://www.louisvillegolf.com/index.php/cPath/1 :

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Persimmon headed drivers can be very costly.

They turn up on ebay, but you might be better off going to a pawnbroker or second hand shop or a garage sale and looking for a laminated maple headed driver.

Even ask at your golf course and see if anyone has an old wooded driver you can hit. Your pro probably has some out the back.

You'll think it's a 3 wood, size wise, but they sound and feel great.

really, it $299 at dick's and GG? where do you shop?

The 270 and 290 are $299, but the Tour 310 is more. Online, Dick's doesn't even list the Classic, and Golf Galaxy only has the 270 and 290. Golfsmith and TGW carry the 310 Tour and price it at $379.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!