IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i played in the tournament and shot a 6 over with a quad bogey on the final hole lol. Its the first time ive played without the puttting grid and spin control, hopefully next time i do better.

Honestly the putting and pitch/chipping control in the game is horrible

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has anyone else noticed that putting through the fringe is like trying to putt through US Open rough? I mean you literally have to take a maximum swing or else the ball barely gets by the fringe. Doesn't seem accurate to real life.....

I can't seem to ever figure out how to putt from the fringe. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but, of course, EA Sports thinks it would be overindulgent to include a manual even though I gave them $70. (I know there is an in-game version, but it's lackluster and annoying to navigate.) [quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/55815/tiger-woods-pga-13/162#post_697803"] Honestly the putting and pitch/chipping control in the game is horrible [/quote] I agree. I have to draw the putter back extremely slowly, and it often takes me a few times to get it to the correct spot. I end up making a lot of putts (I just shot -20 with my character in a PGA Tour event at Royal Melbourne, though the round before was a terrible -3 at Pinehurst), but it's terribly annoying. Also, I don't think EA is very privy to capture speed. It's wayyyy easier to take off the break and hit it harder, and it doesn't really shrink the hole. Pitching is okay in principle, but the execution is poor. If you bring the club back to the recommended length, the ball will go long, every_single_time. You have to figure out the correct length, and that takes a bit of experience.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/55815/tiger-woods-pga-13/162#post_697803"] Honestly the putting and pitch/chipping control in the game is horrible [/quote] I agree. I have to draw the putter back extremely slowly, and it often takes me a few times to get it to the correct spot. I end up making a lot of putts (I just shot -20 with my character in a PGA Tour event at Royal Melbourne, though the round before was a terrible -3 at Pinehurst), but it's terribly annoying. Also, I don't think EA is very privy to capture speed. It's wayyyy easier to take off the break and hit it harder, and it doesn't really shrink the hole. Pitching is okay in principle, but the execution is poor. If you bring the club back to the recommended length, the ball will go long, every_single_time. You have to figure out the correct length, and that takes a bit of experience. [/quote] On mine if you go back too slow too long it resets the club. When I chip barely bring the club back and it says "overswing" on the meter. Then the ball goes about 15 feet past the hole. I got pissed and stopped playing. It is hard for when there is no grid.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I made a disastrous double bogey on the 18th hole of the tournament right before the masters, to finish T22.... even with 1 win and the rest 2nd place finishes, I ranked 102! Didn't qualify! DAMN

just played tpc sawgrass and shot 29 under in 2 rounds, my first round i was 10 under and the final round i shot 19 under. I had 12 birdies in a row, 2 eagles, 1 par, and 3 more birdies to finish it out lol.

Jamo I see your chipping is amazing looking at your stats. I tried playing some the country club tournaments but it says me or the club is ineligible to enter?

Jamo I see your chipping is amazing looking at your stats. I tried playing some the country club tournaments but it says me or the club is ineligible to enter?

Those other ones were created automatically, and you need a certain amount of points or coins or something to enter (not even I have enough). I just created one that everyone should be able to enter. It's at Sawgrass, goes live at 11 PM.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Honestly the putting and pitch/chipping control in the game is horrible

It is terrible...i know there has to be some trick to it that we aren't getting, but it's still terrible. I got pretty good at the putting but it is totally unrealistic pulling back your putter super slow until you get to the line. I thought they were pushing this whole tempo based swing. If I putted or chipped like that on the course people would laugh at me.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

For putting I always hit it harder and take some of the break out of the line, although at Augusta and some other places it tototally kills you on downhill putts.  I just can't get it to the right spot consistently enough.

For chipping, I put some loft on it and take about half the recommended swing length and accelerate like crazy through the ball.  For those weird distance pitches I've been putting a lot of loft on it, moving the cursor 5-10 yards short of the hole and then giving it a full shot.

I'm on Tourpro and playing with my own crappy charecter.  I won the amatuer events and now I'm playing the Nationwide and am at -16 after a few rounds and everyone else is at +3.  I haven't tried it on the hardest setting yet but I think that might be coming.

It is terrible...i know there has to be some trick to it that we aren't getting, but it's still terrible. I got pretty good at the putting but it is totally unrealistic pulling back your putter super slow until you get to the line. I thought they were pushing this whole tempo based swing. If I putted or chipped like that on the course people would laugh at me.

I've finally gotten pitching down I think. There are really two ways to do it: either you swing fast and hit the ball with a lot of lag and speed, or go slow. The second requires more of a swing but it also doesn't roll out as far. Putting I haven't gotten "down," but it's not hard if you're willing to spend 5 minutes over every putt. And I agree with the poster above, hit it hard and take off the break is the way to do it.

In my bag:

I gotta say, I'm thinking about selling this one. I'm really not into the new swing (which says too slow on every swing) and the putting is absurd. Last year's expert style putting was perfect; nothing needed changed. The new style is way way too sensitive. I'm trying to give it a chance, but keep switching it off without even finishing a round.

Another really annoying feature is I have to engage the aiming feature at address. It used to automatically be ready, but now you need to engage it for some reason.

Originally Posted by anthony

I gotta say, I'm thinking about selling this one. I'm really not into the new swing (which says too slow on every swing) and the putting is absurd. Last year's expert style putting was perfect; nothing needed changed. The new style is way way too sensitive. I'm trying to give it a chance, but keep switching it off without even finishing a round.

Another really annoying feature is I have to engage the aiming feature at address. It used to automatically be ready, but now you need to engage it for some reason.

I only get the "too slow" thing when using my lowly character, so I'm assuming once you have a better swing you can hit the ball with better tempo.  I've played with half of the pros and on a lot of the shots I'd hit a "perfect" shot.  I also read that on the hardest setting you should only get perfect tempo and swing length one out of every 9 times.  On Tour Pro with the pros I was getting it pretty consistently.

Originally Posted by jamo

I've finally gotten pitching down I think. There are really two ways to do it: either you swing fast and hit the ball with a lot of lag and speed, or go slow. The second requires more of a swing but it also doesn't roll out as far.

Putting I haven't gotten "down," but it's not hard if you're willing to spend 5 minutes over every putt. And I agree with the poster above, hit it hard and take off the break is the way to do it.

I started to doing the fast option for chipping. it works, but if you are slightly off you are screwed.  I do it for all my putts under 7-8 feet as well...it takes the break out and goes in most of the time.

Also, I just now noticed that the tournaments that you are setting up aren't Tour Pro and allow you to use spin.   I think you should still make them custom with the grid, but no spin.  I never use spin because it is completely unrealistic...its like saying when you talk to your ball, but it actually listens.  It will also prevent guys from shooting -64.   How is that even fun?  I stopped using the spin years ago because the game got so boring...way too easy.   I am not saying you have to put it on tournament style, but at least take away spin.  Just my opinion.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jamo

For those interested, I already created an online country club called "The Sand Trap CC" for when the game is released. The logo (the selection was limited, and hardly any of them were actually golf-related) is flaming golf balls, and I tried to get the colors as close to the TST ones as possible.

Is it for the xbox360 or ?? I tried to look it up yesterday, but couldn't find it.

Is it for the xbox360 or ?? I tried to look it up yesterday, but couldn't find it.

There are CCs for both systems.

In my bag:

FWIW, I just beat Tiger Legacy, and unlocked the bonus level. Toddler Rickie and Rory are in it. Those two sentences were kind of creepy. [quote name="jhwmusic" url="/t/55815/tiger-woods-pga-13/162#post_699970"] Also, I just now noticed that the tournaments that you are setting up aren't Tour Pro and allow you to use spin.   I think you should still make them custom with the grid, but no spin.  I never use spin because it is completely unrealistic...its like saying when you talk to your ball, but it actually listens.  It will also prevent guys from shooting -64.   How is that even fun?  I stopped using the spin years ago because the game got so boring...way too easy.   I am not saying you have to put it on tournament style, but at least take away spin.  Just my opinion.  [/quote] I can do that next time if you want.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 4303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!