IGNORED

2012 WGC Cadillac - TPC Blue Monster at Doral Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Could be as simple as a blister. He's used to playing one week and then sitting in a cart at his home course for a week or two between events.

Who knows, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think you can tell the type of injury from the transmission of the courtesy car...my comment was more about the seriousness. If you are really in pain, you probably let someone else drive.

I'm kind of surprised he doesn't let somebody else drive any time he's going somewhere on business. A fender bender could turn into a major lawsuit once the other guy realizes who is driving.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Not to mention you dont run away like a crybaby and not give an interview.

So...Tiger leaves without giving an interview & that makes him a crybaby?

Feel free to not like him. But don't make up shit to fit your opinion.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it was a bit strange that he switched shoes. Did he change to a different model, or was it the same Nike Free something he had them make? If you are limping because of a bad knee, what would changing shoes help? Lots of golf can cause some havoc on the feet, but it seems strange to WD because of a blister, and limp because of one.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[/QUOTE][quote name="zipazoid" url="/t/56110/2012-wgc-cadillac-tpc-blue-monster-at-doral-discussion-thread/216#post_687727"]

Does Bubba have a brain?

Not to be harsh, but he is throwing this tournament away. You'd think it would cross his mind 'I gotta get it in play off the tee'.

If he had a brain.

[/quote] I could wile away the hours Conferrin' with the flowers Consultin' with the rain And my head I'd be scratchin' While my thoughts were busy hatchin' If I only had a brain I'd unravel any riddle For any individ'le In trouble or in pain Yes, i googled that!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Not to mention you dont run away like a crybaby and not give an interview.

Right, his knee might be swelling up, he needs to get to his doctor to look at it, but you want him to sit there and swap stories with Miceli. He told a reporter it was his left leg, he's not a doctor, so that's really all he knows. But feel free to jump on him when he's down, if that's what makes you happy.

Yeah, it was a bit strange that he switched shoes. Did he change to a different model, or was it the same Nike Free something he had them make? If you are limping because of a bad knee, what would changing shoes help? Lots of golf can cause some havoc on the feet, but it seems strange to WD because of a blister, and limp because of one.

Maybe he got a blister, and it made him change his footwork, and that made him tweak his knee. His last shot was a 320-yard drive, which I would guess involves a lot of torque. We'll probably find out in a day or two.

So, it's unfair to call Tiger a crybaby, but it's acceptable to say Bubba doesn't have a brain?

Where's Bubba at right now?  Tied for 2nd as I see it?  Seems like he's doing OK now.

Where's Tiger?

So, it's unfair to call Tiger a crybaby, but it's acceptable to say Bubba doesn't have a brain? Where's Bubba at right now?  Tied for 2nd as I see it?  Seems like he's doing OK now. Where's Tiger?

Where's Stephen Hawking?

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

So, it's unfair to call Tiger a crybaby, but it's acceptable to say Bubba doesn't have a brain?

Where's Bubba at right now?  Tied for 2nd as I see it?

Where's Tiger?

Look at the facts.

Bubba blew a 3-shot lead cuz he couldn't put the ball in play off the tee. If he had his wits about him (In other words, had a brain), he would hit something less off the tee to get it in play. Would have saved him at least one stroke on #5 where he blew  it so far left it went into a canal that Johnny Miller says he;s never seen anyone hit it.

Tiger: Crybaby. Explain to me what he did to support that? By leaving? For all he know he could be at a hospital or a clinic right now having his leg looked at. Would you prefer he stand around & talk to everyone about an injury that requires medical attention?

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Quote:

Where's Bubba at right now?  Tied for 2nd as I see it?

Where's Tiger?

Look at the facts.

Bubba blew a 3-shot lead cuz he couldn't put the ball in play off the tee. If he had his wits about him (In other words, had a brain), he would hit something less off the tee to get it in play. Would have saved him at least one stroke on #5 where he blew  it so far left it went into a canal that Johnny Miller says he;s never seen anyone hit it.

Tiger: Crybaby. Explain to me what he did to support that? By leaving?

Well, he does pout a lot, and whenever he misses a shot he looks like he's about to cry. I have non-golfing co-workers who know Tiger as the pouty or crybaby guy. Personally I think both chracterizations (Bubba and Tiger) have a thread of truth.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It seems that Bubba had a gameplan for this round, and even though things weren't going great, he stuck to it and now he's turning things around a bit.  That and everyone else is coming back to him now.  Either way, his "lack of a brain" hasn't taken him out of contention quite yet, and now he's bombed 2 drives in a row.

Who was throwing clubs earlier today?  That contributes to the crybaby theme quite a bit.

All of the Tiger leghumpers are quick to get offended when someone says something about him, but if you haven't noticed, there's a hell of a golf tournament going on without him right now.  Who cares if he withdrew?  He wasn't in contention anyways.  Tiger isn't golf.  Golf goes on without him, and from the looks of it, pretty good golf at that.

Why are a lot of people knocking Tiger?  Because even though there's a good story going on at Doral, everything must be about Tiger.  It happens here all the time as well.  Someone says something about Tiger and the entire thread changes direction.

Wait, I'm contributing to something that I'm complaining about right now.  That could be a problem.

Back to golf.

watson.183.jpg Ray_bolger_scarecrow.jpg

I see a resemblance.

OH MY GOD! They really do look alike! ha ha! That is awesome! We have just coined a nickname for Bubba "The Scarecrow" Watson" If it catches on, We can make pink t-shirts visors and split the profits. ha ha

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Where's Bubba at right now?  Tied for 2nd as I see it?  Seems like he's doing OK now.

Where's Tiger?

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Well, he does pout a lot, and whenever he misses a shot he looks like he's about to cry. I have non-golfing co-workers who know Tiger as the pouty or crybaby guy. Personally I think both chracterizations (Bubba and Tiger) have a thread of truth.

Fair point.

Bubba just drank a Mountain Dew to regain focus for birdie-birdie. I think Tiger is somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and Boca with about 45 miles till he sees Jupiter.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!