IGNORED

2012 Transitions Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4427 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He doesn't seem to know the ball flight laws!

PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) -- A player has made an octuple-bogey for the second straight week on the PGA Tour.

Charlie Wi had three straight shots carom off a tree and go behind him and onto the practice range at Innisbrook during the Transitions Championship on Sunday. It led to a 13 on the par-5 fifth hole.

His troubles began with a tee shot into the right rough. There was a wood chip next to the ball, and his 6-iron came out to the right into the trees. From there, Wi had a tree in front of him with a trunk about 3 feet high until it split into two limbs, leaving a 4-foot gap.

Wi tried to hit 5-iron through the gap, but it struck the tree and went onto the range. He tried it again and got the same result.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

• Administrator

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

He doesn't seem to know the ball flight laws!

As you know, he does. But just knowing them doesn't mean you don't flinch at impact and yank the ball into the tree or something. C'mon now. Way too much BFL talk lately. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

As you know, he does. But just knowing them doesn't mean you don't flinch at impact and yank the ball into the tree or something. C'mon now. Way too much BFL talk lately. :)

Yeah, I was kidding. If anyone on tour knows the ball flight laws it is Charlie.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

I was elated to see Donald win.  Not just because he's a Mizuno guy, but because it makes the whole "Rory is going to be #1 for a very long time" talk seem pretty funny now.

Not that Rory won't spent a lot of weeks at #1, because I think he will over the next year unless Tiger really shapes into form.  However, when he won a couple weeks ago, every analyst kept referring to how long he could potentially be the #1 golfer in the world and would bring up graphics of the consecutive weeks Tiger was #1.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Its nice to see Luke back on top. Now maybe TGC will stop constantly talking about how great Rory is now. (not likely) Now it begs the question, wheres Luke's invite to the white house? Rory got one the instant he became world #1 but Luke still hasnt gotten one yet.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I thought that the tourny had a great finish. I just started watching (and playing) golf back in January and this is the first playoff that I have seen. It was also fun to see the world # 1 change hands. I was also just as excited back when Rory was #1.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I was elated to see Donald win.  Not just because he's a Mizuno guy, but because it makes the whole "Rory is going to be #1 for a very long time" talk seem pretty funny now.

Not that Rory won't spent a lot of weeks at #1, because I think he will over the next year unless Tiger really shapes into form.  However, when he won a couple weeks ago, every analyst kept referring to how long he could potentially be the #1 golfer in the world and would bring up graphics of the consecutive weeks Tiger was #1.

Brandon

It was a bit early for comparisons, because anyone who thought Luke wouldn't have a say in who was number 1 in 2012 has a very short memory regarding how 2011 played out. When Luke had to win,  he did. That bunch of chokers, has beens, and guys with "potential" couldn't get it done yesterday versus a top player.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That was a fantastic finish.  I was really pulling for Ernie to get into the Masters, but once he was out, it was all Luke.  I guess someone wasn't too convinced that Rory was the new true #1.

Although it's really just a number until they play in a few more tournaments head-to-head.  Rory took #1 by winning when Luke had the week off.  Luke took it back by winning when Rory had the week off.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Its nice to see Luke back on top. Now maybe TGC will stop constantly talking about how great Rory is now. (not likely) Now it begs the question, wheres Luke's invite to the white house? Rory got one the instant he became world #1 but Luke still hasnt gotten one yet.

You don't get an invitattion to the White House because you're number one. Obama, apparently, wanted to meet McIlroy. It has little to do with his ranking. Obviously, Obama finds Rory an inspirational person. And........TGC will continue to talk about "how great Rory" is because he is very clearly, potentially the most dominant player in since Woods. He is clearly the most gifted player on the planet by a squillion miles . That doesn't mean that Luke Donald isn't an awesome player, especially under pressure.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

That was a fantastic finish.  I was really pulling for Ernie to get into the Masters, but once he was out, it was all Luke.  I guess someone wasn't too convinced that Rory was the new true #1. Although it's really just a number until they play in a few more tournaments head-to-head.  Rory took #1 by winning when Luke had the week off.  Luke took it back by winning when Rory had the week off.

Whose to say Rory cannot take it back in a couple more weeks? This exchange means very little until one of them starts to dominate.

You don't get an invitattion to the White House because you're number one. Obama, apparently, wanted to meet McIlroy. It has little to do with his ranking. Obviously, Obama finds Rory an inspirational person.

Either that, or they were having a state dinner for the British Prime Minister. Rory was one of nearly 400 guests.

• Administrator
Either that, or they were having a state dinner for the British Prime Minister. Rory was one of nearly 400 guests.

That, and Rory won the U.S. Open, too. Plus Obama is part Irish, isn't he? He lived in Chicago... ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4427 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!