IGNORED

What is currently your biggest frustration with your swing and golf in general?

goodatgolf
Note: This thread is 4374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by JGLindner73

i hit my irons straight as an arrow but my woods are either straight or super slice...and my super slices cost me atleast 5+ strokes a game.

That stuff happened to me because I subconsciously felt the need to swing harder with the woods, wanting to hit it farther.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

inaccuracy with everything - making very good consistent contact, but spraying the ball just enough offline so I'm missing greens... consistently.    chipping is good, but not good enough for up and downs from off the greens - combination of both of these factors is killing me.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

My biggest frustration has to be not playing enough. I'm slowly avoiding this now. I've went to the local course near my house for two weekends (spending three hours on the range, putting, and chipping area) and playing 36 holes of golf. Just in the last month I can see my game improving greatly already. I just recently acquired new clubs, and they have helped out TREMENDOUSLY. When I went to get fitted for my new clubs on Friday the older gentlemen helped me with my grip because I kept slicing the ball. Today it was way better.

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball ::   

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

My drives are almost always perfect..and then comes the approach...iron play is terrible, putting is great one day and teRrible the next but im also using more of a novelty putter (saving up for nike meod concept tho!:) ) but chipping is really improving also

Bag:  M9 Cart Bag

Driver:  VR STR8-FIT 9.5

Wood:  SQ Sumo2 3-Wood

Irons:   Slingshot 4-PW

Wedge: 53 Degree

Putter:  TPA III

puring irons one day, sliding under them and hitting ballooning fades the next,....and never quite knowing why

putting is terible at the moment, cant get a feeling for distance or direction,..im blaming the putter haha

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

My biggest frustration is having a good round going then somehow getting my iron swing into a super steep down swing that just punches the ball and feels like a 4 inch deep divot.  Right now I am having to consciously think about my balance as at times I'm getting too much weight on my toes and leaning foward on my downswing causing the steep plane.

Originally Posted by goodatgolf

Mine is performing under pressure. I'm not a scratch golfer by any means (yet :) ) but when I walk from the practice tee to the first hole especially in a tournament I seem to leave my skills behind. Under pressure I perform things I wouldn't even consider possible and I don't mean that in a good way

This is what I was going to post when I read the thread title, before reading the OP comment.    I can make a great practice motion maybe 90% of the time (100% on good days), then it breaks down somewhat on the range to maybe 70% of the time, then I go out to the course and it's more like 20% of the time.  Going from that practice motion to putting it in play takes something I don't have yet.  Tiger calls it "reps".  Whatever it is, I'm just not there.  It's really frustrating.  Only on full-swings though.  Chipping and pitching I've got down cold, even when I'm fuming and trying to find my swing again.  One day, hopefully before I'm 40, I'll finally be able to hit that damn golf ball.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I have a tendency to come over the top in my transition from backswing to downswing.  This year I started taking the club a little outside my previous path on the backswing, and shortening my backswing altogether, making it easier to drop the club into my slot and coming into the ball on a more shallow angle.  The result is a more powerful, controlled shot with a little more distance and accuracy.  The frustrating part is that I get away from that if things start going bad on the course.  Damn, I wish I could just stay on the practice range until I didn't have to think about it!  LOL

Vr_s 9.5 degree Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff

Vr_s 15 degree Diamana Blueboard 73 Stiff

Vr_s 19 degree Diamana Blueboard 73 Stiff

Vr Pro 3-P Project x 5.5 Hard Stepped Once

Vr Pro DS  56 & 60 True Temper S400

Spider Ghost 34"

ProV1

Originally Posted by Chris Prosser

I have a tendency to come over the top in my transition from backswing to downswing.  This year I started taking the club a little outside my previous path on the backswing, and shortening my backswing altogether, making it easier to drop the club into my slot and coming into the ball on a more shallow angle.  The result is a more powerful, controlled shot with a little more distance and accuracy.  The frustrating part is that I get away from that if things start going bad on the course.  Damn, I wish I could just stay on the practice range until I didn't have to think about it!  LOL

There is a thread on the Trevino swing.

Your description is almost the same.

here are a couple mind tricks:

1. for the "range guy", picture a driving range when you are on the course. think about your favorite target on the range whether it be a flag, pole, yardage sign, hill, tree, whatever. There are no penalties on the range so you are free swinging. by narrowing your focus on the course and thinking about your favorite target from the range, you are setting your mind at ease but still staying in a target mind set.

and/or

2. before you swing imagine you just hit the worst possible shot and now you are hitting "the practice" shot or the mulligan or a provisional. 9 out of 10 times you hit those better so put yourself in that mind set.

I have this inability to keep myself from experimenting with my swing mid-round, especially when I am playing well.

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Probably just not "getting into it". Northern pa has had sporadic weather and I just haven't felt like starting to truly immerse in the frustration yet haha

doesn't help when I DO play that  I can't figure out my issues and get frustrated.

Consistency from shot to shot is my big issue too. I'll always hit a good drive and then a less than satisfactory second shot. Like a duff. I always wonder how I somehow lost focus. Mental game has proven to me to be the most influential factor in golf. You can swing like a loony or not worry about what your doing wrong and still get the job done. I miss the days when I didnt feel the need to try. I just did it naturally without knowing and it looked good and always had a half decent outcome. But even if it wasn't the best outcome I didnt care and went into the next shot like nothing bad happened...golf is a cruel game haha

Shanks.....................

My tendency is to attack hard from the inside.......heel down/toe up.....narrow heel width divot...hosel meets ball.  There is no room for shanks on my home course......hosel-rocket= double bogey and I've been making a few in 2012.  It's absolutely demoralizing.....I may be hitting it pure all day....and WHAM...it hits!  I'll make double-double right out of nowhere....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Shanks.....................:8) My tendency is to attack hard from the inside.......heel down/toe up.....narrow heel width divot...hosel meets ball.  There is no room for shanks on my home course......hosel-rocket= double bogey and I've been making a few in 2012.  It's absolutely demoralizing.....I may be hitting it pure all day....and WHAM...it hits!  I'll make double-double right out of nowhere....LOL

Good grief! I had to go and read this...the "S" word is the one word I don't want to hear in this game. It is the worst feeling in golf!

Originally Posted by FuzzyB1

Good grief! I had to go and read this...the "S" word is the one word I don't want to hear in this game. It is the worst feeling in golf!

Tell me about it....it's my personal demon.  Even my great pure shots tend to get inside a bit and I'm always fighting it.   It can ruin a game quick......

Just the other day I was  playing well and was +2 standing in the middle of the 16th fairway..................2 shanks later I finished with a 78.   Extremely demoralizing.........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

inconsistency.

I'd be a whole lot better if I knew I'd hit the ball well every time

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Tell me about it....it's my personal demon.  Even my great pure shots tend to get inside a bit and I'm always fighting it.   It can ruin a game quick......

Just the other day I was  playing well and was +2 standing in the middle of the 16th fairway..................2 shanks later I finished with a 78.   Extremely demoralizing.........

The forbidden "Sh**K"  (I can't say it) can bring on a level of fear while on the course like nothing else!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!