IGNORED

Could Anthony Kim lose PGA Tour card this year?

ERdiesel
Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If he doesn't get his health and his act together?

He last won at the Shell Houston Open in April 2010 which would give him a 2 year exemption on the PGA Tour right?  That basically means that in 2012 he would have to place within the top 125 of the money list to retain full status on the PGA Tour for next year?  And so far this year he's played 9 events, made the cut only twice, and has only banked $33K to date.  Is he in serious danger of losing his card?

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Driving Distance 283.8 117th
Driving Accuracy Percentage 49.43% 180th
Greens in Regulation Percentage 57.60% 175th
Strokes Gained - Putting .145 86th
Eagles (Holes per) 114.0 16th
Birdie Average 3.16 146th
Scoring Average 73.09 181st
Sand Save Percentage 58.06% 29th
Total Driving 297 179th
All-Around Ranking 939 149th
FedExCup Regular Season Points 32 202nd
Money Leaders $33,960 207th
Par Breakers 18.42% 132nd

His stats so far this year.  I'd say he's pretty screwed.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I wouldn't say that he could, I'd say that he probably will. What else do you think could happen? I don't see much changing with his form.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Besides stats, he's also having a problem even finishing tournaments, which isn't helping.  This is a good question and we'll have to see how it pans out.  It really would only take 1-2 strong showings late in the year for him to keep his card, no?  He still has the ability to get hot one weekend and win the tourney.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Besides stats, he's also having a problem even finishing tournaments, which isn't helping.  This is a good question and we'll have to see how it pans out.  It really would only take 1-2 strong showings late in the year for him to keep his card, no?  He still has the ability to get hot one weekend and win the tourney.

Brandon

More than stats...the numbers show me he isn't hitting the ball particularly long or straight.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Id say its a very strong possibility.  Its a shame too, because he showed some real potential a few years ago.  Apparently staying out late partying all the time is catching up to him.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

i'll keep faith in him for now, im not too confident but i'll stick with him. he needs to find out whats wrong and sort it quickly

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Originally Posted by mcfc_nick

i'll keep faith in him for now, im not too confident but i'll stick with him. he needs to find out whats wrong and sort it quickly

Same here.  I always liked AK and would like to see him return to form.  From what I understand though, right now he wants to party and have fun and golf is secondary to him.  Sorry but you cant go and and party until 3am and then go out and play 18 holes of golf and expect to play well.

Until AK decides to grow up a bit and make golf a priority, he isnt going to be a winner on tour.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Needs to find form for sure...

Does anyone know how his thumb is doing?  He took a while to regain form, than had a few decent finishes, but hasn`t won since having surgery in 2010.  He was never tops in GIR, but his distance stats are definitely down since then.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Its funny how someone can be so good yet be on the verge of losing their tour card. If I was as good as Kim, I'd be looking for nothing else besides a great career on tour.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know what happened.

When Tiger's mess came out. He told AK, hey you can go hang out in Vegas with Charles and Michael, since I can't now.

So now hookers, booze, and betting is his priority now.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!