IGNORED

New Product to Hit the Golf World in July

ProtoSports
Note: This thread is 4229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you use video to breakdown your swing on the range?

• Every time I go to the range
    • Every once in a while
    • After I have a lesson with my teacher
    • Never
    • Only if I have a friend there to video my swing for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by John190190

X129 Why would someone want to carry around extra gear (such as your mono-pod) when they likely already have an alignment rod in their bag.  I know at my club 5 out of 10 players have an alignment rod in the bag, i even play some courses that have alignment rods on the range for your use.  This product is taking advantage of what people already likely have or have access to.

Don't be so short sighted and bash a guys product.   It is a product that serves a specific role... It doesnt do everything perfectly but it likely does what it was constructed to do very well.

You want to analyze your swing at 300 frames a second you will need an additional 20 pounds worth of gear...   BUT... if you want to film your shot on a par 3, or simply film your swing to send to a friend or load on youtube this product looks perfect.

I am all for people creating new products for the golfing world, it really pushes inovation and keeps the market place interesting.  Hell, the PGA Tour Superstore wouldnt be too fun if new gear didnt come out, would it?

I'm calling this a really nice and simple piece of design.

Makes me think I should get the Ping Cradle and modify it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by iacas

The camera was about $200, and your point said 20 pounds. So no, I didn't prove your point. Lots of players take high-speed cameras to the range with them. My FH-100 is in my bag so I can use it on the course, too.

Kind of off topic though, your really bad guesses at the weights and prices of things, so let's just let this thread talk about the Protosports product.

I like your idea, it will have a place in the market, just not for everyone.  Here is a video with my $8 gorilla with my $45 casio (120FPS) held by a free chair. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bmartin461,

That's a really good swing and that system looks like it works great.  Just for future reference and so you can guarantee that you are filming the same everytime... The Phone should be positioned hand height, and the video should be pointed through your hands, directly at the target. The way that I do it is to lay an alignment rod on the ground beside your ball facing directly at your target. Make sure that your hands are directly above the alignment rod and your feet are parallel at setup. Then just as a rule of thumb and this depends on the camera type, I would go back about 3 to 5 steps (9-15 feet) and shoot right down the alignment rod. Hope that helps! The consistent setup gives you the best feedback.

To everyone else,

All of the comments are very helpful. I will take the feedback into consideration as I continue to progress my products. I would never sit here and say that there is no product that compares to mine. I think that my holster is awesome and I use it all the time. One of the reasons I like using the iPhone is because of the applications but, also because I can film my swing and then walk into my house and pull it up on my computer and look at my swing there. The application I use uploads it directly to a file on the applications website and gives you a locker of all of your swings from the past. Its really cool!  That is an advantage that you get with the iPhone that you wont be able to get with every product.

Also when I am done, I can send it to my swing teacher and he can look at it on his iPhone using the same application. We can talk about it over the phone and  I receive instant feedback. I can also upload swings to facebook, twitter, etc... right from the course too. I think that is an advantage, but obviously there are other means of filming your swing and getting it to another source.

So just like every product, there are advantages and disadvantages. The holster works great with the iPhone and alignment sticks. You can set it up on angles, hit bunker shots, places it on the green and position your phone at the bottom of the rod to film putting strokes. There are a lot of options with the holster/alignment rod combination. But all of the products you all have talked about are really cool and serve their purpose well. I would love to hear others opinions. This has been a great thread so far, so keep it going!

Don't forget to check out The ProtoSports Holster at www.protosports.com and "like" the page on facebook ProtoSports.

What I need is a way to video myself using my iPad and v1 software.

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

I want one of the video software companies to create an application that you can start and stop video when you are standing over your ball. Maybe voice or motion activated.

This is the best place to get updates and follow progress of the ProtoSports Holster as we get closer to the release date in July!

http://www.facebook.com/ProtoSports

Make sure and "like" the page to follow

Great product! I think you would sell even more if you had one that fit any phone. It would actually be pretty simple. They have universal car mount kits that adjust to your phone. You could use the same concept with the design you have now. Here's a link to what I'm talking about http://www.buy.com/prod/universal-car-mount-holder-for-cellphone-mp3-player-iphone-ipod-touch/225065953.html

Either way nice concept.

while this doesnt replace a high speed camera, it is a great product I am supporting it way to go!!!

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Originally Posted by ProtoSports

Thanks. Yea at this point the iPhone cant replace a high speed camera. It's a great tool for  anyone who wants to video with the iPhone.

I sent you a PM

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

It looks like a lot of people video their swings. It looks like a lot more people would video more often if they had an easy way to hold their camera or phone. Is convenience correlated to how much people will video their swings??

The kickstarter campaign is ending tomorrow but this product will still be going into production in July. Be sure and chek it out at www.protosports.com If you use your iPhone to video your swing. You have to check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

nice product man. Wish you the best.

Lucky for me though, the wife loves photography like I love golf. So she has plenty of true high speed options I can use. As does my swing coach.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Shorty

I'm calling this a really nice and simple piece of design.

Makes me think I should get the Ping Cradle and modify it.

Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 4229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!