IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Originally Posted by iacas

You know, I'm almost kind of used to people confusing they're/there/their and your/you're, but stairs/stares? That's a new one.

Hahhaha Whooops!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This mistake was at every concession stand at the WUSO.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

How I landed job at old college newspaper.

1. Read through the newspaper

2. Highlighted and corrected

3. Returned issue to editor-in-chief

4. Left my cell phone # and offered to take the position for free because it's embarrassing to look through (they paid me anyways :P)

Reminds me of this thread lol.

does anyone know what legal action , if any that can be taken out on a private golf club if the terminate your membership with know disaplinary process

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Yeah accept your original post is time stamped with your edit.

You can't blame it on being Canadian either, ya hoser, eh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Damnit! My post has been hacked by a mod!! :whistle:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by blaylock6502

I am trying to develop my swing as a newbie and had a few questions. I feel like my backswing isn't coming back far enough and being new to the game I don't know it really isn't or if it is in my head. I am a technician and have my arms above my head for much of the day so I have fairly large shoulders. If my Baldwin really is falling short are there any stretches I can do or will it come with time. I was going to post a video of my swing (please hold the laughter to a minimum) and was wondering what angle would be best? Also are the general mechanics of a driver swing and iron swing the same? Thanks in advance!

Snicker.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubble View Post

and so what ?

I indicated that instead of using the "imovable obstruction" rule (as an obligation, this ishis quetion) on the path he may use the unplayable rule as first choice if this can help him. I never said the unplayable rule is a free drop !

In his situation I would explore this option and have done so (not an path we walk here).

the point is why use a free drop to go towards the OB and have no shot and then consider most probably penalty and distance ? you see what I mean ? the easy choice is to play on the path, it not a hard shot to punch towards the green.

anyway, if we wearch releif, for example, he could use unplayable (1 shot penalty) to use 2 clubs margin (+2 clubs max of roll). to gett o the good side of the path.

I also added that even if 2 clubs would not be sufficiet nor easy to get of the path on the good side (dropping on a path usually implies placing after 2 tries) it could be sufficient to stay on the path but then have a NPR (free drop) on the correct side.

simple...

probably my lack of expression with a todd of your neuclear interpretation skills.

I'm not an English major but ???

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I'm not an English major but ???

Heck if I know. I deleted that post and the two prior because they make no sense. Why would you play a ball off the cart path or take a penalty stroke if you don't need to?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Heck if I know. I deleted that post and the two prior because they make no sense. Why would you play a ball off the cart path or take a penalty stroke if you don't need to?

Possible answers

a) because I have unlimited money to replace the golf club I just ruined and I like to brag to my friends about how I always "play it as it lies".

b) because the game of golf is so easy that I need to penalize myself to make it more challenging.

c) because I am a moron.

Perfect post for this thread, SCfan.  So many issues there!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Perfect post for this thread, SCfan.  So many issues there!

Yeah, I normally don't post anything on this thread because I'm sure 90% of my posts probably belong here too.  I just couldn't help myself.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Just to be clarify, this hole-in-one was on your first tee shot of this particular hole, right?

I only ask because I was hoping that this was logman's thread, reincarnated.

This is what happens when you re-word a sentence late at night and neglect to proof-read before posting it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

This happens to me when I don't wear my reading glasses!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

This happens to me when I don't wear my reading glasses!

I've been known to post while "in the bag", that doesn't help literacy score.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Drunk texting!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not specifically grammatical, but a tell the time error.

Noon - 2:30am? Holy Toledo, that's a lot of golf. Better go to the supermarket, get me some nosh and dig in.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30092015/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

http://xkcd.com/1238/