IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

What stinks about your and you're, is spell check doesn't catch it.  If you're in a hurry, you miss it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What stinks about your and you're, is spell check doesn't catch it.  If you're in a hurry, you miss it.

Now your just making excuses...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

That's the whole problem with the digital age, or electronic age or whatever you want to call it. If I pick up a pen and paper there is no spellcheck, I need to know how to spell and take the time and care to proof my work. You shouldn't make that error in the first place and you certainly shouldn't be relying on a phone to make your writing legible. I'm not casting stones because I make the same mistakes too but it really saddens me that we are losing so much with the advent and proliferation of digital/electronic tools. Nobody can remember anyone's phone number anymore because of cell phones and spelling is a lost art. Don't even get me going on the lazy ass, bullshit "text" speak that everyone is starting to accept as normal.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Don't even get me going on the lazy ass, bullshit "text" speak that everyone is starting to accept as normal.

lol u dont evn no wat ur talkin abt. #old #getwiththetimes #hashtag

Ryan M

lol u dont evn no wat ur talkin abt. #old #getwiththetimes #hashtag

I know your post is tongue in cheek but...I grew up on John Irving, Ernest Hemingway, Robert A Heinlein and Mark Twain among countless others. If everyone forgets how to spell and construct functional sentences, let alone beautiful ones, who will be the authors of the future? I worry about that.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I know your post is tongue in cheek but...I grew up on John Irving, Ernest Hemingway, Robert A Heinlein and Mark Twain among countless others. If everyone forgets how to spell and construct functional sentences, let alone beautiful ones, who will be the authors of the future? I worry about that.

Meh, we'll be dead. Who cares? :-P

:beer:

Ryan M

Are the Chefs actually for real?  I mean, the Andy Reid/Alex Smith led Chefs???

Probably intentional, but I think it deserves a spot here.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

It is the same for me.  When I text my son, or anyone else for that matter, I spell everything out.

I am horrified at work when I see presentations or e-mails from Directors rife with spelling and grammar errors.  Have some pride in your work fellas!  I think it reflects poorly on a persons professionalism.  I work with a lot of folks from different countries, so if there is an error in their work, I let it go.  But more often than not, it is the English speakers (UK included) that seem to be a bit lazy.

Love Mark Twain by the way.  I bought his autobiography, but it is a bit disappointing.  There is a lot of editor crap and opinion in it.  I don't care what you think about the author!  I just want to read what the Man wrote!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

It is the same for me.  When I text my son, or anyone else for that matter, I spell everything out.

I am horrified at work when I see presentations or e-mails from Directors rife with spelling and grammar errors.  Have some pride in your work fellas!  I think it reflects poorly on a persons professionalism.  I work with a lot of folks from different countries, so if there is an error in their work, I let it go.  But more often than not, it is the English speakers (UK included) that seem to be a bit lazy.

Love Mark Twain by the way.  I bought his autobiography, but it is a bit disappointing.  There is a lot of editor crap and opinion in it.  I don't care what you think about the author!  I just want to read what the Man wrote!

Not only do I spell everything out, I have to use all punctuation including any "?" and "." as appropriate. I don't care if it is obvious that it is a question.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

The best thing about Siri on the iPhone is you can say the punctuation and it will put it in for you.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Android says you're welcome for that.

Exactly.

Ryan M

I agree that this is annoying. Some people can give advice and it is ok. What I really dislike is when u get advice before u even hit shot. Some arrogant people think they are the only ones that know what they are doing. Takes u out of focus of how u know how to play shot as it works for u.

:yucky:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

How about "Have some pride in your work, fellas?"  and "a person's professionalism".  and "Love Mark Twain, by the way."

I think that you meant spelling, grammar, and PUNCTUATION errors.  Or did I come in on the end of an example and now the joke's on me?  Either way, no offense meant or taken.  I love the thread.

Sorry Matt, but c'mon.  We're all letting you skate by because you're a good guy, but I'm going to start charging you $1 every time you do this kind of stuff.

I think we might have to give saeval his own dedicated thread ... you know, to help you to keep track of his debts. ;)

I'll always advocate being relaxed. If your in a stance that is just stressful or awkward to maintain, don't do it.

Also, don't be afraid to slouch your shoulders a bit more and really tilt your head down. The ball is the closest to your body than any other shot in golf, just because your wielding a short club. So, to get overtop of the ball, and see the ball with out looking down the bridge of your nose towards the ball, you really need to tilt your head down. Look at Jack, he looked like he hunched over the ball, one of the better putters of all time.

I always thought Tiger had the best posture, his head is clearly over the ball, looking down. His shoulders are slouched a bit so it allows him to rock his shoulders on a good path to keep the putter from doing stupid shit.

This is something i was struggling with. I would stand to tall and end up hitting it left or right because my shoulders would rotate on a shallow angle, they need to be steeper.

As for grip, and other things, all personal to you.

As for the putter, get fitted for one. If your adding lead tape, not sure if its a good putter for you.

I count $4 for this one post alone ... and that's not counting the less egregious stuff like "with out," "its," and "i".

Lol. Poor Saevel25, great poster, shit speller. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

They might look like punch shots if your use to a very high trajectory in your shots. When i first saw pro's play in person, after really getting into changing my swing, I though they hit it way low. Then i realized I just hit it way to high ;)

'nother couple'o'bucks in the pot.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Trying to correct my old ways is tough going since I've had years of practice with bad grammar. Its like trying to fix a golf swing. :-P

I think a dollar an error is a bit to steep. You'd still get a lot of money if it was just a penny an error.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: