IGNORED

The Hammer

IeaglePar3s
Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very dumb commercial.....but at least is is paying some of the bills around Golf Channel and keeping it on the air.

What's worse than the commercial is that folks are getting shammed into paying full price for these clubs. If they must try them, ebay has them for $40 or less all day long.

I know a guy who paid top dollar for the driver and 3 wood....once they had him on the phone they talked him into some shaft upgrade.....grip upgrade.....etc. Poor fella shelled out enough dough that he could've bought a nice brand new Titleist driver or something.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I watched the infomercial right up to the part when he said "pow".

G5 9* w/Aldila NV Shaft
4DX +3 (13*)
3DX RC 2-Iwood 17*
i5 3-PW GREEN DOT w/Z-Z65 steel shafts
Ping Eye 2 XG SW & LW

Ping Zing G2 Putter

Hoofer 3 Bag

Nike ball (any)

Rounds this year:81: Granite Falls North84: Trilogy at Vistancia84: Falcon Golf Course82: Granite Falls South 82

Pow>>> e >> pow>> pow>> pow. The hammer!!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Ha I have to say it has to be the funniest serious commercial I've seen since.....Shamwow?

or Slap Chop. ("Your gonna love my nuts.")

Anyway, the driver is a piece of rank, stank, and dank

The face dents so easily, and it's not a good driver for distance. It's bulky in the head, and too helter-skelter in the design. The shaft is more with a side of , and a bottomless glass of .

But I tried the trademark "POWW" after one of my drives. Surprisingly enough, It went about 320 yards. 250 yards in straight distance, and a nice 70 yard hook. JUST LIKE JACK HAMM. BOOOOMM.

The reason he isn't really accomplished on long drive things is because he has like a 50 yard hook lol. If you watch the commercial when he hits it into the fairway, and it follows the ball with a rocket sound in the background, the ball is hooking like 30 yards, and then they cut to another part of the commercial because they don't want people seeing his huge hook lol.

Still a great piece of equi ment.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

This topic has already been beat to death...

here

here

and here
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

LOLOL Nice post Righty!!

Sorry big_m

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

[QUOTE=Big_M;363383]This topic has already been beat to death...

Can you ever have too much Hammer? NO!

True story: played in a 9 hole scramble last night. One of our regulars shows up with a new driver. "Hey guys, you're all in trouble..."

Dude tees off on 1, short par four. Drives the ball 421 (checked on my SkyCaddy), past the green by 116 yards. The incredible release of power and energy from the Hammer 1)blinded my playing partner for 30 minutes; 2)caused a small tornado to form over the clubhouse, destroying several carts; and 3)knocked the wig off an old lady trimming her hedges. He is not welcome back...

I think Zolex makes stainless steel and titanium obsolete!

POWWW!!!

[QUOTE=jldavis73;363532]

This topic has already been beat to death...

Wow... you too?! Some no body 32 handicap scrawny man came up and did the same thing, except he knocked off the wig of an old man mowing the lawn, and he was never welcomed back.

Rumor has it that it was actually Batman that forged this awesome driver for Jack Hamm. After several years of doing punch line phrases such as "pow and bam" every time Batman clowns the joker, it boosted up Batman's self confidence because he was the only super hero without super powers. It almost defined Batman's cool edge "imma badass" personality as you see today (just compare Batman from the 70s to current batman). It was all thanks to Jack Hamms confidence booster and encourage of the catch phrase "Pow"! For that, batman forged the best driver, with a triangle bat technology face, and Bat-banging shaft. It ultimately changed the history of golf club making. This ultimate driver was so ultimate that all club brand companies had to united to ban the Hammer from ever being sold at the retail store and any golf course, because it will wreck all sales and all courses it touches. Under GCMP (Golf Club Manufacturing Policy) Section 9.2a Paragraph 3 it states, "Thereof No Stores may sell Jack Hamm's Bat technology driver called the Hammer, due to the concerns of public safety and discrepancy of equililibrium among distributions of other club brands" Due to this, now Jack Hamm only is allowed to use infomercials to sell his ultimate driver, by using his catchphrase of POW to help customers gain confidence just as Batman did with his low self esteem. It is too bad that DC had put a copy right infringement upon Batman's name, which ultimately stop Jack from telling the public that Batman was the man behind this club.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

[QUOTE=is2linda;363536]

Wow... you too?! Some no body 32 handicap scrawny man came up and did the same thing, except he knocked off the wig of an old man mowing the lawn, and he was never welcomed back.

My friend, do not forget the role the Freemasons have played in this. In the late 1700's, a group of Freemasons led by none other than George Washington discovered the formula for Zolex, a revolutionary material that obsoletes titanium. They knew that they could never allow the power of Zolex to be used for evil, and hid the formula from the world...until one day in the summer of 1979, when a caddy at Pinehurst named "Peg Leg" Robinson discovered the hidden formula inside an old ball washer...

Got my first ace last night.

Par 5 - 573 yd.

Thanks Hammer!!!!!!!

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Drove a 618 yard par 5 and made the 90 foot putt for a double E. Using only THE HAMMER!!!!!! POW!!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Drove a 618 yard par 5 and made the 90 foot putt for a double E. Using only THE HAMMER!!!!!! POW!!!

Good lord! POW!!!!!!!!!!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• 3 months later...
The golf channel is even showing the Hammer (POW!) infomercial on Christmas day.

Although people make fun of the Hammer driver...someone must be buying it or they would they would quit showing the infomercial.

I guess some people feel $99 if worth the chance...plus you are getting a $400 value :]

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Yea I saw the one for the "new"? HammerX yesterday.....why does it seem like these infomercials were filmed decades ago? So old school just like his haircut

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

I hit one of these a few weeks ago at Golf Galaxy. They had it in the used bin and I couldn't resist. I had been trying an FT-9 at the time and was getting about 105-107MPh out of it. Depending on how I launched it, I was around 285-300 yards with the Cally. Then, came the hammer. That thing was super heavy and felt like swinging a brick. My ball speed went up to about 120MPh. However, with a launch angle of about 2-3*, it only went 180-200 yards... needless to say, if it sounds too good to be true on TV, it probably is. Hammer = P.O.S.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

My suspicion is that the people buying it aren't the ones using it. I suspect it's one of those "well, X says he wants more distance in golf, he would love this!" gifts.

I guess some people feel $99 if worth the chance...plus you are getting a $400 value :]

It seems most marketing departments think most of us don't know that, if no one ever paid $400 for it, it's not a $400 value.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit one of these a few weeks ago at Golf Galaxy. They had it in the used bin and I couldn't resist. I had been trying an FT-9 at the time and was getting about 105-107MPh out of it. Depending on how I launched it, I was around 285-300 yards with the Cally. Then, came the hammer. That thing was super heavy and felt like swinging a brick. My ball speed went up to about 120MPh. However, with a launch angle of about 2-3*, it only went 180-200 yards... needless to say, if it sounds too good to be true on TV, it probably is. Hammer = P.O.S.

The one you tried out must have had too much "Zolex" in it, you know the metal that "obseletes" titanium.

All i know is that an ex football player on the infomercial says "I know what a champion looks like....and the Hammer driver is a champion!" Put me down for 3 of those bad boys! As much as I really hate to admit it....I watch the damn commercial...it's like some wierd mind control thing??? Maybe it's a government deal..brainwashing?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!