IGNORED

Sharpie line on the seam?

Note: This thread is 4964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Line on seam?

• Yes ,I need that line for all putts.
    • Yes, need it for some.
    • No, I don't need one.

I would have put a smiley face on my post, but I find emoticons to be a little girly. I'm not saying you are girly for using emoticons, I'm just saying I'm girly if I use an emoticon. I worked too hard growing this hair on my back to turn back now.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give the guys at titelist credit for incorporating a line and arrow down the seam as part of the new and improved ProV logo. Pretty smart and now you don't have to worry about messing up the sharpie line. Suprised no one thought of that sooner.
My Bag
Driver: Dunlop Invicta 10.5˚ (Graphite Shaft)
3&5 wood: Lancer Oversize (Graphite)
Irons: Titleist 990 (Steel)
Wedge: Ram FX 57˚(Graphite)Putter: Ram Accubar AB-2Ball: Nike Juice

I started putting a green line on my balls to line up putts but I really don't think it helps me. Now I still mark my balls that way because the guys I play with know the green-lined ball is mine.

I tried aligning my putts with a lined ball for a while but gave it up after finding it made me a worse putter. Not sure why, but it seemed to affect either my face angle or stroke path. Either way, I got better as soon as I abandoned it and just relied on my Odyssey's 2-ball alignment aid.

BTW, I saw Raymond Floyd on GolfTV a few weeks ago giving pointers to amatures in a playing round, and he recommended they place a visual cue on the BACK of the ball (where the putter face strikes it) and then concentrate on looking at that as you putt - not at the top of the ball - to insure more pure strikes.

Tom

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

I like using a line on my ball to putt, does it help, at least in my little mind it does...I am looking forward to getting a sky caddie, I recently played the Breckenridge Golf Club and they have free yardage books and it was a great help. So to me it seems like a skycaddie is the next best thing for those courses that don't provide yardage books.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

I use it on all my putts, I feel like it helps me get direction out of the way so that I can focus on speed. When I get up to the ball, I don't want to be thinking alignment.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

It's funny that a guy playing with a Pro V1 would have a problem with range finders. If you want to be a traditionalist, scrap the metal woods and the multi-layer balls and go back to playing Hogan blades, persimmon woods and balata balls. To be fair, I'll join you for a round playing traditional equipment (I have enough for both of us). However, I do want to use my range finder and alignment lines on my ball, since these don't make me hit the ball better, they only give more information on how and where to hit the ball.

Your on Pal,,,And I'll spot you a couple shots so you won't get routed to bad and cry like a little girl. Now I'm done being Pithy,,lol! I grew up playing persimmon and forged blades so I think you would get your feelings hurt,,lol! Think before you post!!! This is a discussion board that people can share thier opinions,,,funny how you get all upset just because I express an opinion on marking balls and range finders, shows signs of weakness,,,lol you would be to easy to beat on the course!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

The gauntlet has been thrown! Let me get out my road atlas and find a decent course somewhere between Dallas and New York. I, too, grew up playing forged blades and persimmon woods. None of them matched, but I had my red and blue alligator shoes with the buckle, so it didn't matter.

All pithiness aside, I think you see my point that it's unfair to decide that the technology you like (cavity backs, metal woods, better balls) is good, but the technology you don't like (range finders, drawing a line on a ball) is bad. I can pace of the yardage for every shot, but the game is too slow already, so I see the range finder as a convenience. I've decided I don't like the line on the ball when I putt, so we can go ahead and make that illegal.

And yes, I would be easy to beat on the course. But I can throw a club farther than almost anyone. And like Ty says, I rank golfers by height.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

And yes, I would be easy to beat on the course. But I can throw a club farther than almost anyone. And like Ty says, I rank golfers by height.

LOL,,OK You got me laughing on that one. If your ever in Saratoga let me know and we can go hit a few. Just a friendly game and maybe a few beers at the end!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I have a "Technasonic Check-Go" machine that spins the ball at 10,000 rpm so you can mark a "Sharpie" line around the heaviest axis of the ball. That is the way to make sure the ball will spin properly off a

Snake oil

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

Snake oil

Sure it's "snake oil", but over the years my non-golfing friends have given me tons of useless golf stuff. ( I have more coffee mugs than IHOP)

Most of the stuff that wasn't "misplaced" is gathering dust in a closet The "Check-Go was a gift from my girlfriend, therefore I have to mark all my balls. (golf balls) Golf junk might be an interesting thread. There's lots of it out there!

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Sure it's "snake oil", but over the years my non-golfing friends have given me tons of useless golf stuff. ( I have more coffee mugs than IHOP)

ahh.

It's amazing how much useless stuff they make for golf. This one actually has a purpose, but as you pointed out, only works when all of the variables are taken out of golf. I wasn't poking fun at you by saying snake oil, my sleepless self was just laughing that such a gadget exists.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

This is just my opinion, but I wish the USGA would outlaw this and the range finders!

I'm with you, the same guys who complain about slow play are the same guys upacking and repacking range finders on every hole and walking the green from every angle. Check the sprinkller heads as you walk up to your ball and hit it

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I agree that guys take too long reading greens, but I'll disagree on the range finders. It takes me 7 seconds to get the yardage with my rangefinder. I've seen guys spend minutes finding a sprinklerhead, pacing back to their ball, debating the length of their pace, ponder on whether the flag is back or middle or mid-back.

Anyone can use any tool to play slower, but I think a rangefinder has more potential to speed play than slow play. And if I can hit more greens using a rangefinder, I'll spend less time pitching, chipping or in the trap.
In my bag:

Everyone I play with that uses a rangefinder or GPS plays faster since they got them. I know I play faster with my GPS -- all I have to do is take a quick look at it while I'm arriving at my ball. Most of the time I glance at it a fiew times on the way to the ball and might check out the distances to hazards, carries, layup areas, etc. It's definitely helped me play faster.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

That's funny. I JUST bought an alignment cap and sharpie today. I saw a couple of the pros running putts in with the lines and thought, "they have to know something I don't"

I haven't used it on the course yet but I will be soon.

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

Good new "You're on the green."
Bad news "It's your turn to putt"
More bad news "You're still away"

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Note: This thread is 4964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!