IGNORED

How "legit" is your best round?

trackster
Note: This thread is 4304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I'm scoring, I'm playing by the rules. No exceptions. How could I call it a best round if I had a foot wedge, ignored a penalty shot or cheated in some other way? You either play by the rules or you don't. There is nothing in between where you post a legit score.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by trackster

From your handicap it doesn't look like you would win that much money

In a net event, I would take your $$$ every time - my handicap is legit - yours screams VANITY!!!

You do realize that there is a minimum age of 13 or 14 to be on this site.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

In a net event, I would take your $$$ every time - my handicap is legit - yours screams VANITY!!! You do realize that there is a minimum age of 13 or 14 to be on this site.

I don't understand why people make up their best scores but I don't get why some of you get so angry about it either. It's not a big deal is it?

Originally Posted by meenman

In a net event, I would take your $$$ every time - my handicap is legit - yours screams VANITY!!!

You do realize that there is a minimum age of 13 or 14 to be on this site.

I play legit, I make my friend mad all the time for calling him on this and that, that he does wrong, my best for 9 holes is 38 and 18 is 84.  If you think I still play OB as lateral in my 5th year of golf then ok then.  Go ahead and judge what I did in my 2nd year of golf.  I could say something about net events but I won't.  You have taken a topic that was trying to aim for something weird that happened in an unbelievable round that caused it to not being counted (such as my first 84)  or something like that  and tried to create a pissing contest.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

I don't understand why people make up their best scores but I don't get why some of you get so angry about it either. It's not a big deal is it?

It isnt - if they keep it to themselves. Once it's brought up in this forum, it is fair game.

We've all played with those guys that conveniently forget a few strokes - and they are usually the ones bragging about their *great round*

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

It isnt - if they keep it to themselves. Once it's brought up in this forum, it is fair game.

We've all played with those guys that conveniently forget a few strokes - and they are usually the ones bragging about their *great round*

Trust me, I have been trying to break 40 on my front nine for the past 3 seasons from the tips.  I think if I was trying to "cheat" I would have a score card that says 39 on it, and not 10 that say 40.

It isnt - if they keep it to themselves. Once it's brought up in this forum, it is fair game. We've all played with those guys that conveniently forget a few strokes - and they are usually the ones bragging about their *great round*

I feel like I run into more of those people than people who actually keep their correct score. So man people stop keeping track at 8 for some reason.

My all time best was a 79.  I was regularly shooting in the low 80's at the time and had a good day.  Shortly after that I

broke my right ankle, left arm, left clavicle, separated my left shoulder socket, displaced my right elbow, and broke my right hand in

two places...all in an auto accident.  I'm still trying to get back to the 80's.  Got close a couple of weeks ago and shot a 92.  My back

swing is much shorter than it use to be, which is a good thing.

Originally Posted by trackster

At my course there is a hazard to the right of the first tee.

It's not uncommon for guys to to be playing 5  off it. You need to play some different courses.

You still haven't explained why you claim a score that isn't a score. Is your white car actually red?

You are talking complete nonsense.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Mine was completely legit.  I had a 78 at PGA West during which I hit 15 greens but 3-putted five times.  No mulligans, no OB, nothing in the water. no lost balls, no preferred lies, nothing but keeping track of every stroke and playing, for me, lights out.

My lowest score ever was a 65 (-7) on a course rated 71.6 125 slope. I made every putt and played completely within the rules. I was playing with my normal group so there were numerous bets in play so nothing was a gimme.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I feel like I run into more of those people than people who actually keep their correct score. So man people stop keeping track at 8 for some reason.

My dad does this.  Whenever I feel like pissing him off more than he already is after having hit the ball 8 times on one hole, I ask him about it, and he says "Well, I can't post anything higher than 8 anyways."  Urgh.

My best rounds are all legit.  In fact, in another thread about rule breaking I posted that I would occasionally (rarely) take a first tee mulligan if I didn't warm up at all.  If I did that on a day that turned out to be a record round for me, I'd go back and add those 2 strokes.  (Hasn't happened yet though)

Originally Posted by Shorty

At my course there is a hazard to the right of the first tee.

It's not uncommon for guys to to be playing 5  off it. You need to play some different courses.

You still haven't explained why you claim a score that isn't a score. Is your white car actually red?

You are talking complete nonsense.

At my course there is the driving range to the right.  I would say that it is not uncommon for guys to be hitting 5 off the tee, but many just drive up and drop.  Since you quoted a blank statement I am not quite sure what you are addressing.  Or maybe you were just trying to single my name out in which case okay.  To answer your question, It was my second year of golf,  I have learned everything I know about golf from my own research, I never really have had a model that I could look to for golf answers or anything, I wasn't completely read up on the entirety of the rules at that point, and many of the people that I had seen hit OB had played it as a lateral hazard.

My car is actually blue, but besides that if you would read a post or two , you would see that I disregard that score now.  I am not sure why you are beating a dead horse, but I guess it floats your boat.  I can see why it says grumpy under your name.

My lowest is a 75, shot a couple of months ago. Straight up!

Trackster, you shouldn't claim that 84 as your lowest round if you played the hole incorrectly. If your playing partners don't have a problem with it, then score it how ever you want, but this is not the place to talk about shooting a 84 when you really didn't, you'll get bashed. There's a guy that shows up and plays with our group a couple of times a month. He will only play in the team bets and never in singles (we play both every round). When he's out of hole for the team he pick's up somtimes after missing a couple of putts, no big deal, his not playing in our singles bet so his score for the side and total don't matter, but it chaps one of the others guys ass when he claims he shot a certain score. He may have wrote down score X but he picked up on 5 holes, so he really didn't finish and really didn't shoot that score, but that's what he says he shot.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

My dad does this.  Whenever I feel like pissing him off more than he already is after having hit the ball 8 times on one hole, I ask him about it, and he says "Well, I can't post anything higher than 8 anyways."  Urgh.

My best rounds are all legit.  In fact, in another thread about rule breaking I posted that I would occasionally (rarely) take a first tee mulligan if I didn't warm up at all.  If I did that on a day that turned out to be a record round for me, I'd go back and add those 2 strokes.  (Hasn't happened yet though)

My Dad use to take mulligans every now and then and stop at 8.  When he saw me keeping my score correctly he changed this and always has me write down his actual score.  I keep score for both of us on my cell phone and when I ask him his score I still get the "Gimme an 8" and then a few seconds later he says "Ahhh to be honest with you give me a 10"

I had two round that would have been my best. One was during aeration. I had shot an 80 but wasnt comfortable about 2 putts that I gave myself as they were like 3 feet but during aeration putting is just a guess. When I calculated my score I had to write it down as an 82 because it would be a tainted best. I shot another 82 once at a course I never played. I was completely unaware there was water in play and my ball went in. I said I didnt know there was any and reteed it as my first. Ended up finishing really strong and wasnt comfortable with the 80 so I gave myself an 82. I have since shot an 82 at a much harder ranked course 100 percent legit and I am prouder of that 82 than I would have been for those 80's. I am also in my first year and was playing alone one of those times and with somebody less golf smart (rules related) than I am so I didnt know. All I knew was that it was nothing to be proud of. I also shot an 81 at a par 67 course. Stupid triple bogie on a par 5 after putting my first shot middle of the fairway. I would have only been 2 over on the back and would have shot a 78. Since then I have little faith in my hybrid. I aimed left expecting my miss to be a fade. Well u guessed it. My miss was left that time.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

My Dad use to take mulligans every now and then and stop at 8.  When he saw me keeping my score correctly he changed this and always has me write down his actual score.  I keep score for both of us on my cell phone and when I ask him his score I still get the "Gimme an 8" and then a few seconds later he says "Ahhh to be honest with you give me a 10"

It just frustrates me (I started a whole thread on it awhile back - "Reverse Sandbagging", because I didn't yet know the term vanity cap) because he guarantees a bad day every time before we start.  Because he has this handicap that says 20, he expects that he should be shooting well enough to reach it.  Of course, he isn't a 20 - something closer to 35 if he played by the rules I would guess - and thus never plays up to the standard he sets for himself.  I have come to accept the fact that while we are golfing, he will be pissed most of the time and thats all there is to it.  I still just wish that he would learn to accept that he's a 35, and base his expectations off of that, because if he did, he might actually enjoy playing again.

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

I was completely unaware there was water in play and my ball went in.

You're not talking about the 6th hole at Rancho San Joaquin by any chance, are you?

Note: This thread is 4304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!