IGNORED

Fuzzy on Feherty

ejimsmith
Note: This thread is 4316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by BrotherBear

FWIW, I don't really think Tiger saying that it's all good between him and an individual means ANYthing.  He's far too image conscious to publicly burn bridges, even if he can't stand certain people.

That's what you're going with?

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I am as white as they come... and I love fried chicken and collard greens.  Fuzzy is an ass-clown with a weird looking swing.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by showtime583

Again....who cares? It's not like Fuzzy is the face of the PGA / Champions Tour....if you think he's a bigot, then call him a bigot and be done with it.

i think i did.  if you don't care, then why do you feel you need to come here to drop your 2cents?   this is current news since this came up again, from himself and Feherty, this week.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

i think i did.  if you don't care, then why do you feel you need to come here to drop your 2cents?   this is current news since this came up again, from himself and Feherty, this week.

Well I find it interesting that people still get worked up over something that's obviously not a big deal any longer. I didn't see Fuzzy's recent comments on the front page of the sports section anywhere, and think that bringing it up again is an attempt to fan the flames on a non-issue.

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Well I find it interesting that people still get worked up over something that's obviously not a big deal any longer. I didn't see Fuzzy's recent comments on the front page of the sports section anywhere, and think that bringing it up again is an attempt to fan the flames on a non-issue.

he brought it up himself just this week, and this thread is for discussing that.  you're under no obligation to participate.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

he brought it up himself just this week, and this thread is for discussing that.  you're under no obligation to participate.

And you brought it up on this forum.....thank you for clarifying what my obligations are and are not - you've been quite helpful!

In the bag:

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

And you brought it up on this forum.....thank you for clarifying what my obligations are and are not - you've been quite helpful!

are you saying i shouldn't bring up something he just said last night, in an interview he recently gave?   is this not a forum to discuss these sorts of things?

In my Grom Stand bag:

are you saying i shouldn't bring up something he just said last night, in an interview he recently gave?   is this not a forum to discuss these sorts of things?

Your opinion is Fuzzy is an a**hole, my opinion is that it's not worth discussing and is a non-issue. Agree to disagree? I think so....

In the bag:

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Your opinion is Fuzzy is an a**hole, my opinion is that it's not worth discussing and is a non-issue. Agree to disagree? I think so....

except i think you missed the point of the post.  this isn't to discuss what happened in 1997, but the fact that 15 years later he still doesn't get it.  thus why he's an a*hole.   he can remain your hero though.

In my Grom Stand bag:

except i think you missed the point of the post.  this isn't to discuss what happened in 1997, but the fact that 15 years later he still doesn't get it.  thus why he's an a*hole.   he can remain your hero though.

Didn't miss the point one bit...you think he's an a**hole - message received. My opinion is that he's an idiot, and the issue doesn't warrant any further discussion.

As far as him being my hero, that's a laughable pot shot....

In the bag:

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Didn't miss the point one bit...you think he's an a**hole - message received. My opinion is that he's an idiot, and the issue doesn't warrant any further discussion. As far as him being my hero, that's a laughable pot shot....

No, you don't get it. This thread is about Fuzzy's interview on Ferety, and I called him an a-hole from that interview. You don't seem to get that. And like an abused wife, you keep coming back here to just get slapped again. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it? And for the record, no only is Fuzzy an a-hole for still not getting why his 1997 comments were so ignorant, but Ferety is one as well for trying, just before that segment of the interview, to defend Fuzzy by saying he's not a racist. That only reeked of desperation.

In my Grom Stand bag:

No, you don't get it. This thread is about Fuzzy's interview on Ferety, and I called him an a-hole from that interview. You don't seem to get that. And like an abused wife, you keep coming back here to just get slapped again. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?

And for the record, no only is Fuzzy an a-hole for still not getting why his 1997 comments were so ignorant, but Ferety is one as well for trying, just before that segment of the interview, to defend Fuzzy by saying he's not a racist. That only reeked of desperation

What's with all the race-bating guy? You mad?

You seem to be spewing vitriol for some deep-seeded reason....I suggest you speak with a therapist to get that worked out.

In terms of the abused-wife simile (that's a comparison using "like" or "as" btw), another low-brow pot shot......

In the bag:

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

No, you don't get it. This thread is about Fuzzy's interview on Ferety, and I called him an a-hole from that interview. You don't seem to get that. And like an abused wife, you keep coming back here to just get slapped again. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?

And for the record, no only is Fuzzy an a-hole for still not getting why his 1997 comments were so ignorant, but Ferety is one as well for trying, just before that segment of the interview, to defend Fuzzy by saying he's not a racist. That only reeked of desperation.

In your world, a lot of people don't seem to "get it".  Zoeller doesn't, although he publicly apologized several times, and lost many, many thousands of dollars in endorsements. Feherty doesn't, although he has known Zoeller for years and, I dare say, may have an informed opinion about the subject.  Showtime 583 doesn't get it, although his responses to your vitriol seem quite reasonable.

If you consider someone an ass hole solely because he has made a racially-based comment (not a racist comment) then you would have to include a lot of people, including Tiger Woods.

Fuzzy is an idiot.  I don't think he's racist, but he clearly made a bigoted remark.  He was drunk when he said it, but that doesn't excuse it.  For the record I think Tiger served Cheeseburgers at his first Master's Champions dinner.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I like Fuzzy

Did you watch the entire episode?   I think this was one of the better Feherty episodes to air.  Something else was discussed......A few weeks after the comments, the PGA commissioner (finchem) arranged for a private 1-on-1 lunch meeting between Fuzzy and Tiger to clear the air at the next tour event they were both playing.

Tiger arrived at their private lunch meeting with fried chicken in tow....Hahahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I got the opposite impression from Feherty's show.  I think he does get it and all the consequences that went with it.  I'm not a fan or foe of Fuzzy either way and I hate racism with a passion.  But I saw genuine remorse.  The media never let's anything go.  I believe that is part of the reason our politicians can't work together now.  They are either attacking or defending what is heard in the media.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

And for the record, no only is Fuzzy an a-hole for still not getting why his 1997 comments were so ignorant, but Ferety is one as well for trying, just before that segment of the interview, to defend Fuzzy by saying he's not a racist. That only reeked of desperation.

One racially tinged comment does not make someone a racist.

It was a stupid, stupid thing to say. He's paid the price, and I didn't see the episode, but I trust the others who say he sounded remorseful.

I saw Fuzzy at the U.S. Senior Open and he gave various amounts of shit to everyone he saw, calling them old, crippled, etc. They all took it as it was intended (and chuckled and gave him shit right back).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!